Rumours of takeover/investment interest

eling-saint

My understabding you can only block the passing of a special resolution if you hold more than 25% of the shares. KL would retain 20% of the club's shares if the deal goes through. As you say, hard to avoid the impression this is all PR spin

Correct below 25% you have no say at all .....the other party can force resolutions without you knowledge or agreement .

The only way that this deal will be fully in the interests of the club is if KL makes a minimal amount of profit from the deal (covers the interest of anything that she has given the club) and the majority of the money from the sale goes into the club for further development.

Normally so, but you can put in place a Shareholder agreement to protect the rights of the minority shareholder.

The memorandum of sale can also impose rights, obligations and responsibilities on parties.

Only if deemed non restrictive buy the buyer ...very few people paying 200m would allow a minority shareholder veto rights why should they .

Why would you want to keep a 10% shareholding?

Is it to lower the initial purchase price, with the 10% being sold at a later date? Is it to retain a stake for any dividend payments? Or to retain a seat on the board? All of them? None of them?

I don't get FPP. There's nothing fair about it in our sense.

All this is going to do is create a bigger and bigger gap between the top 6 and the rest - much like we've seen this season. There's nothing fair about it.

All this is going to do is create a bigger and bigger gap between the top 6 and the rest - much like we've seen this season. There's nothing fair about it.

Yeah I meant "Fit and Proper Person" rather than "Financial Fair Play" agree with you though.

The only way that this deal will be fully in the interests of the club is if KL makes a minimal amount of profit from the deal (covers the interest of anything that she has given the club) and the majority of the money from the sale goes into the club for further development.

i actually think that's exactly what will happen!

Still waiting to read to positive article on Lander...

You could be waiting a while - bit like waiting for both Milan clubs to return to former glories. Hopefully the FAPP puts a kibosh on it, although if Shinawatra can pass it...

So basically the same people run the club with the Landers money invested in.

This gives us more transfer fees plus an extension to the current stadium.

What's in it for Landers if this is the case?

yes the same core team running the club but someone might be made to go leaving a bland taste in their mouth.

That is the whole point, i feel. The big boys have benefited from having cash thrown at them, now they are happy to make sure no one else has the opportunity.

The problem is they don't like the idea of Gao taking over because he is a crook, but the thing is, who says? He might be a bit dodgy but he's never been convicted of anything, and he's the sort that would find a way around the FFP or just say 'Tā mā de, I'll just buy the best, pay the fines and don't worry about the transfer embargo'. He could be the best thing for us, or the worst, you just don't know. Football can be big money, and he could have a plan to make loads, and for that to happen we would need to be successful, so he would have to make us so, or his 200 mill would go down the pan.

Would the blue few give up their little bit of glory to not be where they are now?

Food for thought

Includes this:

Liebherr, who inherited the club from her late father Markus, is understood to have been keen for the deal to progress, having struck up a friendship with Gao’s daughter, Nelly, and the two having developed a vision for a bright future for Saints.

A friendship with Gao's daughter, Nelly. Is this significant or just idle tittle-tattle ? Discuss.

Nelly?

There's comedy nickel to be mined hereabouts.

Nelly and Elephant shared the club, and said goodbye to Europa, off we went to the Champions League, trump trump trump is a ruskie he fkn hates pompey clap clap clap

This all sounds dodgy and the rumour that Liebherr has been 'sweet talked' by the daughter of someone involved in corruption and has panama accounts

Gareth Rogers supposedly totally against the deal ?

This all sounds dodgy and the rumour that Liebherr has been 'sweet talked' by the daughter of someone involved in corruption and has panama accounts

It's rotten to the core.

Russians have Krisha (and Ambrovich got Chelsea), the Chinese have guanxi but both are used to facilitate business.

We may call it corruption etc but in those markets this is how they run.

Russians have Krisha (and Ambrovich got Chelsea), the Chinese have guanxi but both are used to facilitate business.

We may call it corruption etc but in those markets this is how they run.

And? Doesn't mean it's good for us, especially as those who succeed aren't necessarily the most talented or have the greatest business acumen but have the best connections and/or are the most skilled at bribing, bullying and intimidating. This Gao Jisheng, ex-paramilitary, a classic 下海, represents everything that's crooked about modern China.

Edited by shurlock

And? Doesn't mean it's good for us, especially as those who succeed aren't necessarily the most talented or have the greatest business acumen but have the best connections and/or are the most skilled at bribing, bullying and intimidating. This Gao Jisheng, ex-military, a classic 下海, represents everything that's crooked about modern China.

Agree with the sentiment about modern china but they are doing a slower version of what happenend in russia.

To be honest I really dont think there are too many people out there who you want buying your football club.

Americans/russians/indians and chinese owners get grief all the time.

I think it is because unless you come from a country that has a large football influence in it we always think they are up to nefarious things as they "don't get" football.

'Trust' in football has long gone and thats why we need information from SFC that Lander is not owned by a corrupt individual and even if the club become owned by his daughter that is still his association. The media will have a non stop field day, if allegations are followed up and we are left sitting like ducks at the shooting range.

This whole deal stinks and i dont believe for one minute its going to benefit SFC

'Trust' in football has long gone and thats why we need information from SFC that Lander is not owned by a corrupt individual and even if the club become owned by his daughter that is still his association. The media will have a non stop field day, if allegations are followed up and we are left sitting like ducks at the shooting range.

This whole deal stinks and i dont believe for one minute its going to benefit SFC

Didn't Kat's statement, a while back, say she was seeking investment yet the 200 million reported in the press is to buy 80-90% of the club from her. With reports suggest Lander will have to borrow most of that money to buy the club what exactly are Lander going to invest in the club? It doesn't seem like they have a pot to **** in.

Didn't Kat's statement, a while back, say she was seeking investment yet the 200 million reported in the press is to buy 80-90% of the club from her. With reports suggest Lander will have to borrow most of that money to buy the club what exactly are Lander going to invest in the club? It doesn't seem like they have a pot to **** in.

Obviously we don't know all the facts regarding Lander and the proposed deal but looking at what's been mentioned so far I'm not positive about them what so ever. Talk of borrowing money before they've even bought the club doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Can I just ask for links to the "reports" that they have to borrow the cash?

Would the EPL not seek evidence they have the means to complete the transaction?

From their official announcement:

http://www.cninfo.com.cn/finalpage/2017-04-17/1203301621.PDF

Relevant para: 标的公司拟通过使用30%自有资金与70%并购贷款的方式支付股权收购 款项,目前并购贷款处于境外金融机构贷款审批流程中

In effect borrowed funds would make up 70% of the acquisition.

Obviously we don't know all the facts regarding Lander and the proposed deal but looking at what's been mentioned so far I'm not positive about them what so ever. Talk of borrowing money before they've even bought the club doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

The Glaziers used borrowed money to buy Man Utd. Of course, there are a numbers of differing opinions as to whether that has been a good thing or not............