Arsenal vs. Saints - Build-Up

100%Red&White

Pretty much the only thing going for us is it's pretty toxic at Arsenal right now. The longer we can frustrate them, the more the crowd will go after their players and manager. They've got a few young heads in there that could drop.

Realistically, though, a comfortable 3-0 home win.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Better chance here than home to Watford sadly. We're an average away side and appalling at home.

Arsenal are great at complacency, we can sneak a 1-1.

I hadn't realised Watford was on TV until I saw it on a pub's listings this afternoon.

Shudders at the thought of the inevitable home loss on TV looming :rolleyes:

Arsenal away ... not a sodding chance! Their tippy tappy game will tie us up in knots and we'll give away an early pen, then it's downhill.

Never mind I've got Newcastle and Villa away to look forward to :mcinnes:

Arsenal haven't won for the last 5 matches so here we are.....just in time for them to get back on track.

Can't see us getting anything based on what we have offered the last few games.

Spurs were there for the taking...... we bottled it.

Everton were there for the taking.........we bottled it

Liverpool were there for the taking.........we bottled it

We’ll get nothing but at least nobody will be surprised

Meh! It'll be all training pics and talk, we'll huff and puff for 15 minutes and after conceding we'll fold like a cheap suit. Arsenal are in need of a bit of rejuvenation and is if by magic, here we are, Southampton, the team that can cure all your ills...

lol..........bless ,but so true ....

SH? Also I have no idea whether those scores are per the fixture - i.e. Arsenal 3 - 1 Saints or in terms of Saints (i.e. the reverse!)

Arsenal 3 - 1 SH (SH with Bednarek with his current non-qualitiy), Arsenal 1 - Southampten 2 (without Bednarek with his ...)

In German one writes the results in a different way.

Nothing in our recent history of team selection or playing style even remotely suggests that we will suddenly turn it all around and start playing well enough to beat anybody let alone the Gunners on their own patch. Their strikers will have a field day against our woefully hapless defence and I genuinely fear for a 6-0 thrashing.

I'm only going as I live a 15 minute walk away and stupidly have some hope of getting something, as we are better away from home. I went to Arsenal V Palace a few weeks back and whilst they are a quiet bunch, they do get on the managers back quickly and what atmosphere that is there does turn sour rapidly and not one person seems to want Emery. They went 2-0 early on, but as soon as Palace got one goal, you could sense the next goal would go to Palace. Their defence is awful like ours, but their attack is much better. Hopefully they are still low on confidence and we are clinical.

Away pub still that Drayton Park pub?

Arsenal 3 - 1 SH (SH with Bednarek with his current non-qualitiy), Arsenal 1 - Southampten 2 (without Bednarek with his ...)

In German one writes the results in a different way.

Nothing wrong with writing it that way round, it just wasn't that clear because people often put their own team's score first. And also I wasn't sure whether you were praising Bednarek or criticising him in the initial post...

Less of the 'SH' though please, no-one abbreviates to that unless they are starting to describe our performances!

Nothing wrong with writing it that way round, it just wasn't that clear because people often put their own team's score first. And also I wasn't sure whether you were praising Bednarek or criticising him in the initial post...

Less of the 'SH' though please, no-one abbreviates to that unless they are starting to describe our performances!

I see, thank you. No, I am not praising Bednarek; because of his last performances.

Won't choose that abbreviation anymore :-)

The charity that is Southampton will probably just keep on giving. Arsenal are in a slump and we'll no doubt help them recover. Spurs were hopeless and we couldn't even beat 10 men. I am going to the game and I will cheer my team on and be as positive as the players performance dictates. However, if Arsenal score first then all I can see is the usual capitulation.

Its good to see a few on here giving Jack Stephens a confidence boost - he was by far our best defender against Everton, if not best player. At least he tries to play others in with his forward running rather than passing it square and backwards all the time. We have got to try and take the game to Arsenal. Another first half performance similar to Leicester and Everton will just invite defeat. Who knows what will happen if we give it a go but if I was a gambling man I wouldn't bet on Saints getting anything from this game.

No Joke - why not put Danso instead of JWP? Danso was an attacker originally, then a midfielder. Due to an abundace of young CBs in Austria he played as a midfielder against Hungary U21 on Tuesday, as a captain. Made the winning goal, was not without mistakes but was the Austrian key-player. Helped the defense and also attacked.

No Joke - why not put Danso instead of JWP? Danso was an attacker originally, then a midfielder. Due to an abundace of young CBs in Austria he played as a midfielder against Hungary U21 on Tuesday, as a captain. Made the winning goal, was not without mistakes but was the Austrian key-player. Helped the defense and also attacked.

I have been saying this for some time, Reinhard!

4-2-2-2 away at arsenal :mcinnes:

Yes, they can't defend and nor can we. Our best way to defend is to do so from the front. When we press, we are a much better defensive unit. The past two months have been way to passive and we have invited pressure onto our weak defence.