Chelsea 0-2 Saints - FT - Merry Christmas!

Suhari

excellent performance. All get 10/10 from me.

two awesome goals, a clean sheet and a thoroughly deserved victory (again).

JwP and Armstrong were superly superb

the commentators annoyed me a lot. Made out that we parked the bus etc..we didn't, just defended well.

Actually on Final Score Saints were praised for not parking the bus, and that their possession play led to Redmond's brilliantly taken goal.

/QUOTE]

Happy for Obefemi, thought Adams looked promising. Would rather either over Long.

Finally a result to be proud of. Team played well. Armstrong showed what we miss and wish Prowse was capable of. Another nothing game for Prowse. Redmond's poor decision making was saved after Armstrong did all the hard work and gifted it to him. Defence was solid other than Cedric belting it up field and losing possession constantly.

Chelsea couldn't get it together but felt we deserved it. Could have had more if Redmond was smarter. Good confidence booster for us.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Was a bit surprised Armstrong didn't get MOTM, but JWP worked very hard too.

Defensive shape looked good today. We hoofed well when appropriate, but on occasions the linking of Armstrong ,JWP, Redmond and Bertrand going forward was a real threat. Great goal by Obafemi and Hojbjerg's critics need to look at the assist.

Shout out for Adams too. Worked hard, held the ball up, passed well (nearly always) and I just wish he'd got to that Redmond cross. Just needs a goal.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Happy for Obefemi, thought Adams looked promising. Would rather either over Long.

Finally a result to be proud of. Team played well. Armstrong showed what we miss and wish Prowse was capable of. Another nothing game for Prowse. Redmond's poor decision making was saved after Armstrong did all the hard work and gifted it to him. Defence was solid other than Cedric belting it up field and losing possession constantly.

Chelsea couldn't get it together but felt we deserved it. Could have had more if Redmond was smarter. Good confidence booster for us.

Prowse was given MOTM. Not saying he necessarily deserved it but think your assessment is a bit wide of the mark.

:mcinnes:

Prowse was given MOM on tv

Yes, a shame you’ve felt the need to post this sh1te on an otherwise positive vibe thread.
What's sh!te about that? I'm just celebrating the great result and the fact that we won't have to put up with the posters who love to be negative.

I'm totally positive and happy.

Going to be a very quiet night on here from the Skate brigade and general whingers.

Merry Christmas.

That s for sure, there are probably slitting their wrists cause they can t say anything after this.

Still want Ralph out you clueless lot?

Adams was superb

The Redmond finished 'team' goal started when, despite being isolated upfield against 2 defenders, he won a throw in level with the Chelsea penalty box. Bertrand took the throw and something like 18 passes later, and involving most of the Saints outfield players, the ball was in the Chelsea net.

Chelsea haven’t lost at home on Boxing Day for 15 years. Haha. Unlucky

Superb result. Only caught half the match. Didn’t realise it was on Amazon. DOH! Obafemi scored a cracking goal, great finish. We played so well. Superb one touch passing. Armstrong, Redmond, JWP. Put a shift in. Why couldn’t that happen earlier?!

Fair play to Ralph today, he got his tactics spot-on. Organised and arguably the best performance I’ve seen this season. Let’s hope that doesn’t delude Gao enough to think we don’t desperately need defenders and a midfield option in January.

Fair play Saints. Excellent result. We were 13th up until Everton won but passed our local lot, Brighton, Bournemouth and West Ham and now sit at 14th. One win away from ARSEnal. Improving our GD gradually. Palace next. COME ON YOU SAINTS!!

Everyone to a man who I watched that game with said Prowse was the best player on the park. Ran the midfield, put in tackle after tackle after tackle and protected the back four brilliantly.

Redmond was looking like getting back to his form of last season, and despite making a few poor decisions, by and large out in a very good performance.

I know that everyone has an opinion, but everyone has an arsehole too and yours is quite simply wrong.

Silly post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Prowse was given MOTM. Not saying he necessarily deserved it but think your assessment is a bit wide of the mark.

Great team performance.

Armstrong was quality and I will leave this here.

James Ward-Prowse was the only player on the pitch to run over 12km in a tireless display.

The midfielder contributed nine tackles - three more than anyone on the pitch

The Redmond finished 'team' goal started when, despite being isolated upfield against 2 defenders, he won a throw in level with the Chelsea penalty box. Bertrand took the throw and something like 18 passes later, and involving most of the Saints outfield players, the ball was in the Chelsea net.

And yet Lampard claims we scored from two breakaway goals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ralph's comment on Amazon: 'I had also lost my way.'

We now have a settled side, who know their jobs and can work together effectively. That will not work against every team we play, but it gives us one hell of a platform to carry on with. That was delightful.

Armstrong should have been MOTM for me, but that could have gone to effectively anyone out there for the work put in.

Excellent performance from the back. McCarthy deserved his clean sheet. Both full backs defended well and when able especially Bertrand attacked well. The centre backs defended really well but for God's sake under pressure be smart, don't dither, whack it up the other end. In front of them Hojbjerg and Especially JWP who probably had his best game ever. They supported each other and played fairly close to each other. Armstrong was brilliant at times and worked really hard. Redmond had a good game, supported Bertrand as well as Armstrong on the other side. He had several chances, good crosses and finished well for his goal.

Adams worked his socks off and was an important part of the win. Showed good control and fought for everything. Nearly got on the end of Redmond's pass but it was just deflected away from him. Obefimi took his goal brilliantly. At times he was switching off and letting Chelsea players go. He needs to raise his concentration because he could defend high up with his pace. He is still playing at U21 thinking except when on the ball when he picks up the pace. Very young but could be a proper handful. Ings, Romeu and Boufal helped us get over the line.

Another good win without playing backwards and sideways. 33% possession, two goals. Possession just slows us down, defend and strike quickly suits us better. Our best performance of the season. Now to sort out our home form. I don't want to see the slow passing around at the back that plays into our opponent's hands. It ruins our tempo and pressing. Well done to Ralph for setting it up right and picking Obefimi with a rest for Ings. What the hell was Bertrand's booking by Jon Moss about that early in the match. Aspilecueta took a lot longer in the dying seconds and Moss let it go.

Edited by derry

The Amazon who have spent a good 8 mins interviewing/swooning over Hasenhutl? They've barely spoken about Chelsea in the post match. Fu ck knows what you people want.

Agreed. The last match on Amazon (Norwich) was fantastic and was very neutral. Both Hasenhuttl and Farke had post match pitchside interviews.

I’ve been impressed with Amazon’s output.

Great team performance.

Armstrong was quality and I will leave this here.

James Ward-Prowse was the only player on the pitch to run over 12km in a tireless display.

The midfielder contributed nine tackles - three more than anyone on the pitch

Good post. One day the unbelievers will wake up to how much JWP contributes.

Ah no, wait a minute, he came from Portsmouth so he must be cr@p.

Sensational performance - didn't give Chelsea a sniff!

If you put together a compilation of our last few away games (Arsenal, Newcastle, Villa, Chelsea) you'd think we were a top eight side again. The manager's got us set up nicely on the road.

If only we could transfer that assuredness of foot back at St Mary's.

Armstrong had his best game in a Saints shirt. Ward-Prowse had his best game in a central midfield two. Stephens was flawless.

A great team effort - a cracking way to meet the halfway point of the season with a little forward momentum.

Merry bloody Christmas!

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk