Injury Watch

Roger

I had a hernia op a month ago, I could play tomorrow if selected :)

Seriously if that’s all it was then no big deal, must be more complicated !

No two hernia ops are alike. Some folk are back within 3-4 weeks, others 6-8. I'm still confused about the picture Lemina posted of his leg in a futuristic knee brace.

We may never know what was really wrong with him. As long as gets back and helps us survive, I suppose it doesn't really matter. It's kind of weird when you think about it, how much the public seems to know about strangers' medical conditions.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Think we should spend big on Andy Carroll and play him alongside Danny Ings

Might get 10 games each of them both per season!!!

Great value

That is the thinking behind having both Ings and Austin. If we added Carroll as well, we'd have 3/4 of the season covered. Long could run around for the remaining quarter, although we couldn't really expect any goals from him.

Big decision to be made by the club in June, should he stay, should we say no?

Dont think we have a choice to be honest! But clearing out Long, Austin, Gallagher, Barnes and possibly Carrillo (along with Gabbiadini) should surely mean we can get a top striker in so we're not reliant on Ings...

Dont think we have a choice to be honest! But clearing out Long, Austin, Gallagher, Barnes and possibly Carrillo (along with Gabbiadini) should surely mean we can get a top striker in so we're not reliant on Ings...
We don't buy top strikers. We buy potential.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

And Gallagher and Barnes are the only two that we are likely to be able to move on.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Indeed I have had infractions for less sarcastic/irrelevant posts and some have been accurate

You should have a look at the 'Southampton Women' thread which went seriously off-topic.I did at least get my full bingo card of posters/expected responses. Funny how they post on subjects they're not interested in.

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17515112.southampton-ace-danny-ings-plays-in-behind-closed-doors-win

DANNY Ings took another step towards being fully fit after playing for Saints in a behind-closed-doors friendly today.

Ralph Hasenhuttl’s team won 3-2 against Championship side QPR, with Charlie Austin, Sam Gallagher and Jake Vokins bagging the goals.

Ings, who hasn’t played since the beginning of February, managed to get 45 minutes of game-time under his belt.

Hasenhuttl’s side were due to play Bristol City behind-closed-doors last Friday, however, the game was unable to go ahead.

Saints’ boss also used the friendly with QPR to take a closer look at Fraser Forster.

Edited by trousers

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/17515112.southampton-ace-danny-ings-plays-in-behind-closed-doors-win

DANNY Ings took another step towards being fully fit after playing for Saints in a behind-closed-doors friendly today.

Ralph Hasenhuttl’s team won 3-2 against Championship side QPR, with Charlie Austin, Sam Gallagher and Jake Vokins bagging the goals.

Ings, who hasn’t played since the beginning of February, managed to get 45 minutes of game-time under his belt.

Hasenhuttl’s side were due to play Bristol City behind-closed-doors last Friday, however, the game was unable to go ahead.

Saints’ boss also used the friendly with QPR to take a closer look at Fraser Forster.

Good stuff & good news all round.

Mini-report on the OS:

Saints earn victory in QPR friendly

Southampton ran out 3-2 winners against Queens Park Rangers in a friendly match at Staplewood Campus this afternoon.

It proved a valuable workout, with 21 players gaining minutes during the international break, and Charlie Austin was on target from close range in the first-half to give Ralph Hasenhüttl’s side a 1-0 advantage heading into the break.

The R’s responded two minutes into the second-half when Josh Scowen’s through ball allowed Pawel Wszolek in to finish.

Saints regained the lead though when Sam Gallagher showed superb close control to take the ball in from a raking long-range pass, before coolly dinking over Matt Ingram.

And after Jordan Cousins had levelled for the visitors, an incisive counter-attack saw Yan Valery release Jake Vokins, who burst away from Osman Kakay before slotting the ball into the corner with his favoured left foot to seal victory.

Source: https://southamptonfc.com/news/2019-03-20/gallery-southampton-qpr-friendly-staplewood-campus-1819