Hojbjerg: Official - Signs for Spurs

ecuk268

• 2 months later...

Well of course it is. There was no reason whatsover for him to put in that 2 footed tackle at the 85th minute. He lost it, just being a bad loser I expect. Perhaps he thinks fans appreciate that sort of stuff, been watching Jimmy Case videos I expect.

Well of course it is. There was no reason whatsover for him to put in that 2 footed tackle at the 85th minute. He lost it, just being a bad loser I expect. Perhaps he thinks fans appreciate that sort of stuff, been watching Jimmy Case videos I expect.

Massive loss for us. Especially with Davo seemingly off & Lemina with his head in the clouds.

Has been really good this season so far, really stepped up his level from last year.

But that was stupidity of the highest order today and shows he still has a regular weakness for those sort of unnecessary over the top tackles. Needs to eliminate that from his game because he’s let everyone down by not being available for the next 4 games which will be a big miss and potentially could cost us vital points.

Three suspensions in half a season is Lee Cattermole levels of idiotic liability.

But he does a good line in empty public apologies, so I guess that's all people seem to care about.

He'll pick up another five yellows before the season is out - and that'll be at least eight games he'll have been unavailable, in a relegation battle, due to his own reckless indiscipline.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I like PEH, he's definitely upped his game this season. But he has to learn to make better decisions. I'm sure he's genuinely sorry like he said last night, but he's out until nearly February now, all through his own fault. Frustrating for the player, club and fans alike.

3rd suspension of the season for him and all three have been easily avoidable. Not very profession and not very captain like from him.

I thought of as a David Prutton moment. One of, if not the, most influential midfielder we've got, makes himself unavailable due to a rush of blood to the head. Hope it's not as costly as Prutton's.

His earlier red (for the dive) was a second yellow. I can understand if that one was also was a straight red, that it would add one extra to his 3 match ban, but why should a 2 yellow sending off add an extra match ban now? He's already done his time for that offense, and it's not a case of ongoing violent (straight red) conduct.

His earlier red (for the dive) was a second yellow. I can understand if that one was also was a straight red, that it would add one extra to his 3 match ban, but why should a 2 yellow sending off add an extra match ban now? He's already done his time for that offense, and it's not a case of ongoing violent (straight red) conduct.

TBF that second yellow was the most disgusting of the lot.

This is what happens with a fully committed player, you take the rough with the smooth.

Do you? IMO it's simply part of his game that needs massively improving because by the time he comes back, he'll have missed six games through suspension, in half a season, and whether you're him or you're Pirlo, that's not good enough.

I don't think he got sent off four times. Might have been three reds and a load of yellows?

In his last season with us he only got 1 straight red. He previously got 2 double yellows which cost him 1 match suspensions. The straight red was his 3rd suspension so was for 5 games. Missed 7 league games in total due to suspensions.

He seems quite a petulant player.

Think if anything he is more petulant with himself, he seems very articulate as a person, but just watch him when he miss places a pass - not only does he send himself to the naughty corner without any tea but also gives himself the slipper for good measure. In those moments It looks like he knows he has let his team down, but is more disappointed that he has let himself down knowing he can and must do better.

Sundays tackle was poor but at the same time a second, or fractions of, earlier and that would have been a yellow if anything at all. The fact the player got straight up to get in PEH's face should have negated the Refs decision to reach for his top pocket.

I wish we would jump up and get in player’s faces when we get a tackle. That tackle from Kompany was arguably a red but all our lot just get up as smile and shake hands. Every time we made a foul Aguero and Silva would usher the ref over to the incident like ****ing bodyguards. Austin got taken out by someone and got up laughing and patting the player who fouled him!!

Think if anything he is more petulant with himself, he seems very articulate as a person, but just watch him when he miss places a pass - not only does he send himself to the naughty corner without any tea but also gives himself the slipper for good measure. In those moments It looks like he knows he has let his team down, but is more disappointed that he has let himself down knowing he can and must do better.

Sundays tackle was poor but at the same time a second, or fractions of, earlier and that would have been a yellow if anything at all. The fact the player got straight up to get in PEH's face should have negated the Refs decision to reach for his top pocket.

I agree with you, John Boy. PEH is hard on himself. You can see him pushing himself hard in games and the incident on Sunday was a result of him inwardly shouting "get in there, Pierre, set the lead." In hindsight, he shouldn't have, at 3-1 down, and now he is suspended long term.

I wish we would jump up and get in player’s faces when we get a tackle. That tackle from Kompany was arguably a red but all our lot just get up as smile and shake hands. Every time we made a foul Aguero and Silva would usher the ref over to the incident like ****ing bodyguards. Austin got taken out by someone and got up laughing and patting the player who fouled him!!

I hear you, but on balance would rather it that way round though than have to watch some cringey, hysterical whingers wearing our shirt, week in week out.

• 1 month later...
I don’t begrudge him the odd shocker. He’s one of our best players. Plenty others to focus our disdain on.

It's not an 'odd shocker', they're fairly frequent, on top of the 6 (!) games he's been suspended for this season. It's probably Stephens, Long or Bertrand's fault though.

It's not an 'odd shocker', they're fairly frequent, on top of the 6 (!) games he's been suspended for this season. It's probably Stephens, Long or Bertrand's fault though.

Well, it is the ‘odd ‘ shocker and Ralph holds him in high enough esteem that I’m quite happy to trust him in all due respect. As for Stephens and Long, you crack on lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Lighthouse changed the title to Hojbjerg: Official - Signs for Spurs