Weekend's other games (April 12-15)

Chewy

I’m genuinely convinced Liverpool will win the title, I just can’t see them dropping another point.

No I can't see them dropping points either, but City still have a couple of trickier fixtures including a derby at OT, which is by no means a gimme given Utd's upturn since Ole took the reigns.

No I can't see them dropping points either, but City still have a couple of trickier fixtures including a derby at OT, which is by no means a gimme given Utd's upturn since Ole took the reigns.

it would be even funnier for Liverpool to not win the league with the number of points they are going to get

We can but hope. However, citeh have spurs and utd to come, so it's a huge ask.

Sitting on a near 4/1 average for a Liverpool title... Will be £1,800 I'm absolutely loathed to collect.

Tiger however winning the masters would make a perfect betting weekend... Come on

Sitting on a near 4/1 average for a Liverpool title... Will be £1,800 I'm absolutely loathed to collect.

Tiger however winning the masters would make a perfect betting weekend... Come on

You ought to hedge that Liverpool bet.

It is only rookie gamblers who don't hedge a bet worth £1,800.

We can but hope. However, citeh have spurs and utd to come, so it's a huge ask.

Liverpool’s next two PL games against Cardiff and Huddersfield.

City have Spurs then Man Utd

Know a Utd fan who would happily lose that derby rather than allow the scousers to win the title

Liverpool’s next two PL games against Cardiff and Huddersfield.

City have Spurs then Man Utd

Know a Utd fan who would happily lose that derby rather than allow the scousers to win the title

Ole signing a permanent contract has united the whole of Manchester. It’s quite funny how United fans love Ole for being ‘one of us’ and City fans seeing Ole as a light weight manager that has only lifted the Mourinho black cloud.

Some of the online commentators (BBC, Telegraph) are suggesting that Deeney’s red card was harsh. I wonder if he’ll have a chance of appealing it.
Looked a clear elbow to me. Sky saying it's clear cut.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Edited by Shroppie

Do we want Brighton to win or do we want them to draw?
Cardiff winning makes it a more exciting battle (probably just between Cardiff and Brighton) but I'd rather see Saints safe asap rather than excitement, so Brighton win. Hopefully with an offside goal and dodgy penalty.

I think we are already safe, we will pick up more points before the end of season, and the higher up the table we finish the better. So just for interest and to keep Brighton below us I'd be happy enough for Cardiff to win even then we are 5pts and better GD above Cardiff.
This. More entertaining end to season.

Red seems harsh to me. Wouldn't be surprised if it was downgraded to a yellow on appeal

https://twitter.com/Futbol_Replays/status/1117869621082648576?s=19

First time I’ve seen that, aside from just realising why I’m not a doctor - because I couldn’t differentiate between the elbow and the wrist.

As much as I would like him to miss our game that is a pretty soft red. He’s watching the ball all the time too.

As it’s Watford doubt it will be rescinded, they might not even bother to appeal through fear of him missing the FA cup, when the FA add a couple more games to the ban for having the temerity to question the validity of the decision.

First time I’ve seen that, aside from just realising why I’m not a doctor - because I couldn’t differentiate between the elbow and the wrist.

As much as I would like him to miss our game that is a pretty soft red. He’s watching the ball all the time too.

As it’s Watford doubt it will be rescinded, they might not even bother to appeal through fear of him missing the FA cup, when the FA add a couple more games to the ban for having the temerity to question the validity of the decision.

When I viewed this it was the rear view of the incident that convinced me it was deliberate, it was a clear red.

It wasn’t a heavy hit to the face but Deeney went out of his way to deliver it. The pair of them had had a bit of a disagreement a few minutes earlier.

It wasn’t a heavy hit to the face but Deeney went out of his way to deliver it. The pair of them had had a bit of a disagreement a few minutes earlier.

If you say that you will be giving a whack to players early on and its recorded in the media then you probably make your own bed, to be honest. Also, it was a straight red. He whacked him. Good for us.

If you say that you will be giving a whack to players early on and its recorded in the media then you probably make your own bed, to be honest. Also, it was a straight red. He whacked him. Good for us.
Totally agreed. It seems to be in their culture to push aggression as far as they can. An unpleasant part of the game.

When you add in Deeney’s comments from before against Arsenal something like whack the first one and see how many fancy it can’t see it being recinded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good point. During the game itself the officials can't take into consideration anything that was said before but during any FA disciplinary hearing it would probably be included.

When you add in Deeney’s comments from before against Arsenal something like whack the first one and see how many fancy it can’t see it being recinded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His reaction won't have helped either. Clearly suggesting he thinks a forearm smash is a legal move.

I think we are already safe, we will pick up more points before the end of season, and the higher up the table we finish the better. So just for interest and to keep Brighton below us I'd be happy enough for Cardiff to win even then we are 5pts and better GD above Cardiff.

And also give Cardiff some hope in the Liverpool game rather than roll over. If they could get a draw and scupper the dippers title challenge that would be enjoyable.