Wes Hoedt - Loaned to Antwerp: Official

Cabbage_Face

Maybe get Carrillo up and running as well, or is that asking for too much?

:lol:

Carrillo is barely a Championship standard player. Boufal is a show off with a bad attitude.

There is no reason to think he will get anything more out of either of them, than he has so far managed to get from Cédric, Gabbi, Long or Hoedt.

Carrillo is barely a Championship standard player. Boufal is a show off with a bad attitude.

There is no reason to think he will get anything more out of either of them, than he has so far managed to get from Cédric, Gabbi, Long or Hoedt.

Boufal at least has some talent, so who knows. Agreed about Carrillo, no point flogging a dead donkey.

Unless RH is told from above to evaluate them I'd tell neither to return to Staplewood (even if isolated to the under 23's) once their loans end. I don't want to upset the tight squad and level of morale we're obviously building, things are slowly coming good again.

Boufal will probably be offloaded cheaply and we'll take a hit, back to a lower French team, but I'd have thought Carillo must be very divisive within the club (not regarding his attitude though). He cost us a huge sum of money and if we end up writing that off it's incredibly embarrassing, but I suppose the blame will be aimed at those no longer at Saints.

Unless RH is told from above to evaluate them I'd tell neither to return to Staplewood (even if isolated to the under 23's) once their loans end. I don't want to upset the tight squad and level of morale we're obviously building, things are slowly coming good again.

Boufal will probably be offloaded cheaply and we'll take a hit, back to a lower French team, but I'd have thought Carillo must be very divisive within the club (not regarding his attitude though). He cost us a huge sum of money and if we end up writing that off it's incredibly embarrassing, but I suppose the blame will be aimed at those no longer at Saints.

Where does this idea come from regarding Boufal? I know he comes across as a selfish player on the pitch, but all the noises I have heard suggest that he was actually quite well liked by most of the other players.

Does it all stem from the way he celebrated that goal against WBA in Pellegrino's face? I agree that was not acceptable behaviour, but that is something that *could* be coached out of him.

If we don't sell him in the summer then I would be happy to see if RH can get something like the best out of him because he is clearly a very talented player.

I did the obligatory YT search on Carrillo, and came across this one...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4rmZslpdss Not very long and a lot of repeating from different angles.

Always a youtube red flag when a player's highlights are repeated from different angles and/or in slow motion and/or with extended goal celebrations.

I am sure Ralph will want a look at both Carillo and Boufal. Unless he is directed otherwise by the higher-uppers.

Of all our recent managers, Ralph is surely best placed to get the best out of them.

Be a shame to let the £20m investment go without another shot.

Benched for today's defeat. Boufal played 85. Celta heading for the drop the way things are going, means we will be stuck with both in the Summer most likely.

Another defeat for Celta (admitted to Real Madrid), dropping further into the drop zone. Boufal and Hoedt will be heading back our way it seems. Hoedt came off the bench after 5 minutes.

I am sure Ralph will want a look at both Carillo and Boufal. Unless he is directed otherwise by the higher-uppers.

Of all our recent managers, Ralph is surely best placed to get the best out of them.

Be a shame to let the £20m investment go without another shot.

I am not sure that many will view Carrillo as an 'investment'.

Where does this idea come from regarding Boufal? I know he comes across as a selfish player on the pitch, but all the noises I have heard suggest that he was actually quite well liked by most of the other players.

Does it all stem from the way he celebrated that goal against WBA in Pellegrino's face? I agree that was not acceptable behaviour, but that is something that *could* be coached out of him.

If we don't sell him in the summer then I would be happy to see if RH can get something like the best out of him because he is clearly a very talented player.

I agree. He is clearly exceptional and a good manager might harness is brilliance.

Another defeat for Celta (admitted to Real Madrid), dropping further into the drop zone. Boufal and Hoedt will be heading back our way it seems. Hoedt came off the bench after 5 minutes.

Looks like standard Boufal - losing, need a goal, first attacking player to be taken off.

already on the agenda - came out in the Meet The Ralph’s night at SMS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It ok deridog Hoedt but forget not he is a club financial asset, the worst he does means less when we sell him to go into the transfer kitty

Nobody would be stupid enough to buy him. He'll be sent out on loan until his contract ends and he can be released on a free.

We should just cut our losses to be honest, free transfer job. Mark it as a big red x on our history and move on.

Diabolical player, absolutely horrific character. I don't want him anywhere near this squad in pre-season bringing the place down with his ****ness.

Used a Translator on this, so excuse the odd wording. We are going to be stuck with him.

The Dutch central, who arrived in the winter market, had played almost everything and has been out in the last two calls, against Real and Atlético.

The first celestial reinforcement in the winter market was Wesley Hoedt, who enjoyed the confidence of Cardoso from the first day. The Dutch central debuted in Zorrilla as a starter and made a good impression despite being sent off . After serving in the next game against Sevilla, Hoedt was indisputable in the last four games of the Cardoso era.

Escribá sat him on the bench in his first game at the head of Celta. However, he soon changed his mind and recovered it for the eleven immediately. The defender seconded by Southampton started against Real Madrid, Villarreal and Huesca. However, its terrible performance in El Alcoraz has taken its toll. From that day, Escribá seems to have put the cross , leaving him out of the last two calls, before Real Sociedad and Atlético de Madrid. Hoedt is on loan with a high purchase option, so his future seems not to be in Vigo.

Source: https://as.com/futbol/2019/04/15/primera/1555345611_803124.html

We should just cut our losses to be honest, free transfer job. Mark it as a big red x on our history and move on.

Diabolical player, absolutely horrific character. I don't want him anywhere near this squad in pre-season bringing the place down with his ****ness.

How does paying off his contract up front cut our losses? At least if we keep him and loan him out, somebody else can pay half. Better yet, sell him and subsidise his wages.

Genuine question, are we subsidising his wages, and if so can we fine him? Taking emotion out of it, I have no major issue that a moron of a young man does something stupid on social media -it's clearly stupid, but he's hardly unique in being dumb on social media. But if we are actually paying him money, surely we can take some action?

He'd do an absolutely fine job in the Championship for a team pushing for promotion/play offs. If he wasn't so ignorant he'd probably accept a move there and let us recoup a little bit of the money we spent on him. Sure we could get a couple million for him from Derby or someone like that. But of course he thinks he should playing Champions League, so there's that...

Genuine question, are we subsidising his wages, and if so can we fine him? Taking emotion out of it, I have no major issue that a moron of a young man does something stupid on social media -it's clearly stupid, but he's hardly unique in being dumb on social media. But if we are actually paying him money, surely we can take some action?

You would think so. A guy that I used to work with got fired from a retail outlet because of a short comment he made on social media about them. I can't remember exactly what it was but it wasn't anything horrifically bad.

I'm not suggesting we fire him because I'm sure there'd be more profitable way to get rid but surely we can take action? It's still a job and we're still his employers at the end of the day.

He'd do an absolutely fine job in the Championship for a team pushing for promotion/play offs. If he wasn't so ignorant he'd probably accept a move there and let us recoup a little bit of the money we spent on him. Sure we could get a couple million for him from Derby or someone like that. But of course he thinks he should playing Champions League, so there's that...

Hoedt would absolutely still be a liability in the Championship.

I had no problem with Gudio's effort or attitude in the few games he played for us can't say the same for Hoedt
Totally agree, played a handful of games in a struggling team, with a crap manager. Nowhere near as bad as some would say.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk