• Romeu
    • JWP
    • Long
    • Armstrong
    • Redmond
    • Cedric
    • Slattery
    • Gallagher

what a win, defended as amazingly as we did at the Bridge!

motm for me will go to Bednarek, and a close second to our sub Cedric- didn't do anything wrong in that cameo.

Ralph slowly removing that woeful fragility we had in us when it came to games like this- under Hughes we would have lost that 3-2.

I can't wait for him to stamp his footprint on next season, get the feeling he'd love some more speed and pace up front and we'd have a really good outlet to counter attack with.

tbh apart from Valery, I'd say everyone had a good game and put a shift in...

But, Valery is young and this is all part of the learning curve, he'll come good one day but today showed his inexperience- could have really cost us the game.

As for Leicester, that was a classic Puel performance that we became used to and now Leicester fans are feeling- they'll have thought we were there for the taking with our depleted squad.

brilliant result. The bottom has closed back up again. Cant ask for much more than that. It reminded me of many games at St Marys whereby we dominated possession, but didn't create enough ad the opposing defenders just won every header in the middle. Thought the three centre backs had great games. The fullbacks were dissappointing for multiple reasons. Valery is rash, Target lightweight. The midfield ran hard, very hard. Redmond covered so much ground.

Not gonna lie, I’d out some large insurance bets on at half time but this win is worth every penny. Especially with Long getting what ended up being the winner.

We clearly need incoming players this January but every 3 points between now and the end of the season is massive, as safety means Hasenhuttl can rebuild this squad to his image.

Amazing result!! Currently in the King Power still enjoying my first taste of an Executive Box!!! Tough to not be able to go ****ing mental when we scored and at the final whistle!!!! Love Ralph, the difference this man has made already!!!

Wow! What a fantastic, disciplined performance 2nd half.

Reminded me of semi-final both legs against Lpool, keeping shape and seeing the game out.

Vest, Targett, Romeu, Bed, Prowse, MCarthy were all awesome, Redmond, Stephens and Armstrong decent.

I understand why Valery was wound up - Chilwell had him in a headlock and he reacted for the 1st yellow - but so glad his loss of cool didn't cost us.

We will all remember where we were the day Shane Long scored :)

He was the bookies favourite to be the next Prem manager to get the boot before today’s game. This won’t have helped his cause.

Awesome result. What a man Ralph is. Stuff of legends even at this early stage.

I was going to top up on him going. But some bookies now giving just 1/4

Woohoo! Proper gutsy team performance. Hideous second half from a watching perspective, but we got it done. Somehow.

10 points for Hasenhuttl - he's had a better season than that useless crapbrick Hughes already.

Romeu an absolute warrior. Where's that guy been for 18 months? All the defenders put themselves on the line - even Cedric was engaged today.

Unrelated observation: how slow is Slattery? Is there some kind of club wide policy at the academy to only retain players who can't run?

Anyway, congratulations to the boys - much needed points, against the odds. Sweet.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Great result after going down to 10 men.

Disappointing that Valery let us down though, although accept he's young and learning but we seem to be our own undoing all too often this season with little fits of pique, and individual errors. Hope Ralph irons it out of them in time.

C'mon you umlauts ... cracking job grinding out a result with what's at their disposal.

Fantastic backs to the wall performance.

Targett gets a lot of hate on here from our resident experts but he was absolutely magnificent today.

In terms of ratings mine would be:

McCarthy 7 - excellent saves when needed but his distribution is terrible

Valery 2 - hot headed, weak at the back and needs to learn quickly. Plenty of promise but not sure this is doing him any good

Stephens 7 - solid, great communicator but possibly at fault for the goal ball watching and leaving the man open

Bednarek 9 - how on earth did that moron Hughes sideline him completely? Immense

Vestegaard 9 - best game in a Saints shirt

Targett 8 - best game in a Saints shirt, blocked almost everything down his side

JWP 8 - everywhere and has developed a real bite to his game. Glad he is proving the haters wrong

Romeu 10 - unbelievable performance and was incredible. Again, how did that moron Hughes sideline him?

Armstrong 4 - awful. Weak in the tackle, completely anonymous and poor passing. Not sure what he really offers but he was terrible today

Redmond 7 - never stopped running even though he was never going to get any service when we went down to 10

Long 8 - ran himself into the ground and played a role in both goals (reckon 2nd was OG as it was going miles wide)

Subs

Cedric 7 - should, in hindsight, have started

Slattery 6 - helped shore up midfield

Gallagher - not on long enough but will no doubt start midweek

Ralph 100 - this guy is amazing. He has instilled belief and defensive discipline into a team sadly lacking either when he took over. Talk about sowing a silk purse out of a sows ear! Will be really interesting to see who he brings in in the summer. With Ralph here I think we will be comfortably mid-table and maybe, just maybe, top 10.

Targett gets a lot of hate on here from our resident experts but he was absolutely magnificent today.

Valery 2 - hot headed, weak at the back and needs to learn quickly. Plenty of promise but not sure this is doing him any good

Stephens 7 - solid, great communicator but possibly at fault for the goal ball watching and leaving the man open

Bednarek 9 - how on earth did that moron Hughes sideline him completely? Immense

Targett 8 - best game in a Saints shirt, blocked almost everything down his side

JWP 8 - everywhere and has developed a real bite to his game. Glad he is proving the haters wrong

Romeu 10 - unbelievable performance and was incredible. Again, how did that moron Hughes sideline him?

Armstrong 4 - awful. Weak in the tackle, completely anonymous and poor passing. Not sure what he really offers but he was terrible today

Redmond 7 - never stopped running even though he was never going to get any service when we went down to 10

Long 8 - ran himself into the ground and played a role in both goals (reckon 2nd was OG as it was going miles wide)

Subs

Ralph 100 - this guy is amazing. He has instilled belief and defensive discipline into a team sadly lacking either when he took over. Talk about sowing a silk purse out of a sows ear! Will be really interesting to see who he brings in in the summer. With Ralph here I think we will be comfortably mid-table and maybe, just maybe, top 10.

Have to query a couple of your ratings, was Targett really magnificent today? And Ward-Prowse 8? Took the penalty well but left a lot for Romeu to do. Surely Stephens was better than a 7 - all three CBs were excellent, especially Vestergaard. I must say I didn't see Slattery shore up the midfield either; he looked a bit flat footed - Romeu ran the midfield - on his own.

At half time I saw that we were 2 up, down to 10 men and naturally feared another draw or even a defeat. The team who've dropped 15 points from leading positions against the team with the best comeback record in the league made for a nervy second half. What a performance. As others have said, how he got that performance from that group of players is unbelievable. A couple of solid additions and players coming back from suspension and injury and we 'should' be fine.

Can't agree with that at all. He was involved in a lot of our decent attacking play before the sending off, and had two half decent chances early on, shooting just wide each time.

Unfortunately he was the obvious choice to be hooked and replaced with Cedric after Valery lost his head, as we needed to keep a pacy forward (Redmond) on to give us an outlet when defending backs to the wall.

Can't agree with that at all. He was involved in a lot of our decent attacking play before the sending off, and had two half decent chances early on, shooting just wide each time.

Unfortunately he was the obvious choice to be hooked and replaced with Cedric after Valery lost his head, as we needed to keep a pacy forward (Redmond) on to give us an outlet when defending backs to the wall.

Agreed - thought he was unlucky to be the one sacrificed. Was a very positive figure in the first half.

I reckon that might also get Puel another pay off.

Puel sacked for being 7th?

Anyway back to our game, while it was understandably backs to the wall second half with ten men, in the first half when it was an even contest we were BY FAR the better looking side. Long and Redmond excellent first half. Back three looked a proper back three even without Yoshi, and Romeu immense. Special mention to JWP who was excellent both in midfield and when he had to play wing back before Cedric came on.

All three matches played in second half of season so far have seen better results than first games (marginally in the case of Man City!). Next goal now out of bottom three is to get ahead of the points per match played ratio

Subs

Armstromg 4 ! You must have seen a different game to me then! .Played well and linked up with Long and Redmond superbly