Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

I have it on good authority we have Summers ins and out pretty much sorted already due to Ralph’s influence in Europe.

Despite his falling out with Leipzig over his contact he is still well in there.

Leipzig management don’t want any leavers going to potentials rivals either.

Interesting....

Jean-Kévin Augustin?

That's incredibly harsh on McCarthy.

Forster is finished at any level, let's be honest. McCarthy still has plenty to offer and is a very good shot stopper, been a decent keeper for us. You cannot tarnish both with the same brush.

One is finished, one still has a decent career ahead of him.

Glad I wasn't the only one who spat coffee over my laptop at that post!

We might end up with Forster as cover because the stupid old fool gave him that enormous and unjustified contract. On the positive side, at least Les won't be at the club this summer. As Manji suggests, let Ralph get on with it within a budget and Ross tie the deals up, contracts etc.

In terms of the outs mentioned:

- Cedric; fee of £8m for Inter seemed low but suggest that might be tied into the loan fee. New buyers might be paying nearer £12m I suspect and think we would get near that as well.

- Clasie: zero sum here. Unless someone other than Feyenoord want to buy than waive the fee in exchange for them stumping up his last 12 months wages in full. That would be another bigger earner gone after Gabbi and Cedric

- McCarthy: wouldn't want to sell him ideally but may have to with the Forster situation. £15m if club does sell him.

- Gallagher: £7m or so, some of the League One comments are harsh, would do well in Championship again with full pre-season and game time.

- Reed: Can see this being £5m or so unless RH wants a look at him first. Quite a few Champ clubs might be keen at that price, versatile as well

- Hoedt: May depend on Celta staying up from what we've seen. Can see them buying him for £12m or so if they stay up. Could be harder to shift if they go down, might be another loan with a hefty fee if someone's first XI CB does their ACL close to the August window

- Boufal: RH apparently wants to have a look first. If he doesn't fancy him, can see a £10-11m move perhaps to somewhere like OM as a squad player. Windows might have more of an idea here.

- Lemina: Just not playing enough. RH has spoken positively about him but let's see if he features between now and the end of the season.

- Carrillo: RH will look again. Has done OK in La Liga at a side fighting relegation. Seems to have a decent attitude but not sure he's mobile enough for RH's system.

- Austin: We know he isn't mobile enough or RH. Talk of Wolves or Villa bidding £7m but more likely to be the latter. Would still score plenty in the Champ.

That list was easy to compile, shows you how bloated and average the squad became very quickly.

I have it on good authority we have Summers ins and out pretty much sorted already due to Ralph’s influence in Europe.

Despite his falling out with Leipzig over his contact he is still well in there.

Hope your source is neither Robert Peston nor Laura Keunsberg

Glad I wasn't the only one who spat coffee over my laptop at that post!

We might end up with Forster as cover because the stupid old fool gave him that enormous and unjustified contract. On the positive side, at least Les won't be at the club this summer. As Manji suggests, let Ralph get on with it within a budget and Ross tie the deals up, contracts etc.

In terms of the outs mentioned:

- Cedric; fee of £8m for Inter seemed low but suggest that might be tied into the loan fee. New buyers might be paying nearer £12m I suspect and think we would get near that as well.

- Clasie: zero sum here. Unless someone other than Feyenoord want to buy than waive the fee in exchange for them stumping up his last 12 months wages in full. That would be another bigger earner gone after Gabbi and Cedric

- McCarthy: wouldn't want to sell him ideally but may have to with the Forster situation. £15m if club does sell him.

- Gallagher: £7m or so, some of the League One comments are harsh, would do well in Championship again with full pre-season and game time.

- Reed: Can see this being £5m or so unless RH wants a look at him first. Quite a few Champ clubs might be keen at that price, versatile as well

- Hoedt: May depend on Celta staying up from what we've seen. Can see them buying him for £12m or so if they stay up. Could be harder to shift if they go down, might be another loan with a hefty fee if someone's first XI CB does their ACL close to the August window

- Boufal: RH apparently wants to have a look first. If he doesn't fancy him, can see a £10-11m move perhaps to somewhere like OM as a squad player. Windows might have more of an idea here.

- Lemina: Just not playing enough. RH has spoken positively about him but let's see if he features between now and the end of the season.

- Carrillo: RH will look again. Has done OK in La Liga at a side fighting relegation. Seems to have a decent attitude but not sure he's mobile enough for RH's system.

- Austin: We know he isn't mobile enough or RH. Talk of Wolves or Villa bidding £7m but more likely to be the latter. Would still score plenty in the Champ.

That list was easy to compile, shows you how bloated and average the squad became very quickly.

I have a hunch that Boufal & Hassenhuts will be a match made in heaven and he'll be our player of the season next year.

Can see Wolves in for Cedric. His reputation is far ahead of his form of the last 2 years, he's a good age, good experience and they have a lot of his international teammates.

How's he doing for Inter? You'd hope to still get 20m for him in this market.

he's only played three league games out of a possible 9, one of those being just a 1 minute outing. He was an unused sub in five games. He's played four times in the Europa league too, once at left back (subbed after an hour). I think Inter can sign him for 9m, so that 20m figure isn't realistic.

If he's available to Inter for £8m then no one is going to pay more than that.

in the last 6 or 7 years Celta have sign one defender for more than £1m (he cost £6m) the the rest have cost buttons. I'd be surprised if they offered any transfer fee. It will be another load with a percentage of his wages paid for by us.

Interesting....

Jean-Kévin Augustin?

Very interesting if it was true but I highly doubt transfers are "pretty much sorted" firstly because we are't even close to being completely safe from relegation yet and secondly that would mean we have already "sorted" some sales to lower the wage bill which I highly doubt has been achieved already.

No link or rumour but I was looking at Lyon's squad the other day and my goodness they have an abundance of attacking riches! Dembele, Fekir, Traore, not to mention Depay. While Fekir is probably Liverpool bound, I'd love to see Bertrand Traore or Dembele here. Good young strikers than can score goals!

Also, Would anyone have Calum Chambers back? Versatile, now has experience, wouldn't be particularly expensive, covers RB , CB and DM...

No link or rumour but I was looking at Lyon's squad the other day and my goodness they have an abundance of attacking riches! Dembele, Fekir, Traore, not to mention Depay. While Fekir is probably Liverpool bound, I'd love to see Bertrand Traore or Dembele here. Good young strikers than can score goals!

Also, Would anyone have Calum Chambers back? Versatile, now has experience, wouldn't be particularly expensive, covers RB , CB and DM...

I think that ship has sailed. Where's his best position these days?

Surprised to see he's actually older than Hojbjerg (!)

Can see Wolves in for Cedric. His reputation is far ahead of his form of the last 2 years, he's a good age, good experience and they have a lot of his international teammates.

How's he doing for Inter? You'd hope to still get 20m for him in this market.

20 million? Seriously? Would expect him to fetch little or nothing

With RH placing so much emphasis on preparation and having all players on the same page, I think he will push to get our summer targets secured early. Hope this is the case as letting things drag until deadline day for the sake of a million or two never ends well for us.

With RH placing so much emphasis on preparation and having all players on the same page, I think he will push to get our summer targets secured early. Hope this is the case as letting things drag until deadline day for the sake of a million or two never ends well for us.

We signed Mane and Alderweireld on deadline day 2014.....

I assume a lot depends on how quickly we can ship people out.

I assume a lot depends on how quickly we can ship people out.

This is the key for me. Of all the work we did in the summer to reduce the squad, they are all coming back in the summer on exactly the same wages! Cedric, Hoedt, Bouful, Carrillo, Clasie.

There is probably around 200-300k in wages per week on that bunch. Plus add in surples players already here like Fraser, Austin, maybe Long. So much wage we will have to shift before we can even move in on targets due to FFP.

Cedric will be easy enough to shift I think but the others much less so.

Carillo could possibly stay, surely he is a better sub option than Austin and Long?

Clasie we can loan for a year until his deal is done.

Boufal, Hoedt and Forster are the toughest ones as nobody will want them, including Saints.

Key for me is selling the Academy lads who aren't going to make it:

McQueen

Targett

Gallagher

Reed

Hesketh

Jones

Probably £20m of income from that lot and we won't miss them.

Cedric will be easy enough to shift I think but the others much less so.

Carillo could possibly stay, surely he is a better sub option than Austin and Long?

Clasie we can loan for a year until his deal is done.

Boufal, Hoedt and Forster are the toughest ones as nobody will want them, including Saints.

Key for me is selling the Academy lads who aren't going to make it:

McQueen

Targett

Gallagher

Reed

Hesketh

Jones

Probably £20m of income from that lot and we won't miss them.

Agree with much of that - McQueen people would need to be convinced he was over his ACL at Bristol City. Austin will get a Champ buyer and probably a wages adjustment for the last year. Surely Clasie would go to Feyenoord on a zero-sum deal, the extra wages in place of a fee for his last year? Hoedt - I think there will be managers that think they can sort his attitude but the club will need to take a fairly big loss on the fee. I get the impression he really doesn't enjoy SFC so might take a pay cut to go. Boufal - again, might be a 'home grown/French national' option for one of the bigger Ligue One sides, but again, doubt they'll get £16m.

Cedric will go and should a fair few buyers with only a year left. Inter were set £8m or so it was claimed.

Carrillo had done alright in La Liga, be interested to see what RH makes of him. At least he seems to have a decent attitude. It might come down to how much of the fee to Monaco was contingent on appearances, I've a feeling a fair bit might have been, so he might have to be sure he'd want Carrillo.

Forster - no chance, can see the club selling McCarthy to raise funds and trying to get Fraser to at least number two level. Something really not right about that extra extension of his contract.

The German media like speaking to Ralph Hasenhüttl.

Since he moved to Southampton, the Austrian has granted a string of interviews to Bild, Kicker and others.

This week he’s been speaking to the latter, for their magazine.

As seems to always happen when anyone related to the Premier League speaks to the German media, there were questions about Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola. How the managers are rated and a preference between Liverpool and Manchester City to win the title.

The Southampton boss said all the right things, passed around praise, and wouldn’t be drawn on his preference.

For fans of his club, the most interesting part of the chat was probably about transfers… and the suggestion of signing a Fulham player.

Hasenhüttl pointed out that five players left in January and the insinuation is there’s going to bodies coming in to replace them, suggesting the three on loan won’t be returning.

The 51 year old explained: “On one hand you have to spend a lot of money, and on the other hand, we are a club without an oligarch or sheikh. We saw five players go in the winter, and in the summer, when we will hopefully continue to be first division, we want to balance the squad.”

Kicker, not being shy, then put it straight to Hasenhüttl that Borussia Dortmund owned André Schürrle, thought to be available due to Fulham’s relegation, could be a good option and fit well into Southampton’s system.

He didn’t want to commit either way: “I don’t comment on names. We keep an eye on the market.”

It’s one worth thinking about, Kicker certainly have.

Source: http://sportwitness.co.uk/hasenhuttl-speaks-southampton-summer-business-andre-schurrle-suggested/

GK - Forster out, no replacement.

Def - Hoedt, Cedric and Stephens out. 1 CB in. Maybe a season long loan on a RB back up for Valery.

Mid - Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'd like Ralf to have a look at Boufal. Happy to trust his judgement if he doesn't rate him. Clasie out too. Attacking mid/winger needed.

Striker - Austin, Gabbi, Gallagher and Long out. Carillo possibly back up. Don't sign Ings, get 2 new strikers.

So... CB, RB (loan while we see if Ramsay makes it), attacking mid and 2 strikers. That's what I'd like anyway.

Def - Hoedt, Cedric and Stephens out. 1 CB in. Maybe a season long loan on a RB back up for Valery.

Mid - Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'd like Ralf to have a look at Boufal. Happy to trust his judgement if he doesn't rate him. Clasie out too. Attacking mid/winger needed.

Striker - Austin, Gabbi, Gallagher and Long out. Carillo possibly back up. Don't sign Ings, get 2 new strikers.

So... CB, RB (loan while we see if Ramsay makes it), attacking mid and 2 strikers. That's what I'd like anyway.

Good call - I too hope he has a look at Boufal - all your outs are justified.

I could be wrong but Gabby has already gone and i mean permanently and Ings we are committed to buy, we can't wriggle out of it.

I could be wrong but Gabby has already gone and i mean permanently and Ings we are committed to buy, we can't wriggle out of it.

Yeah Gabbi has gone, £14m I think we got. Covers most of the fee we have to pay out for Ings in the summer, this is an obligation to buy deal, not an option to buy.

Nothing stopping us from selling him though. Wolves had an obligation to buy Afobe from Bournemouth last Summer and sold him to Stoke a few days later. Shouldn't be too hard to find a buyer either, think quite a few bottom half teams would like to have him.

In the same way that Atletico couldn't wiggle out of their obligation to sell Alderweireld to us?

If we just refused to buy Ings, I'm not sure there is any sanction available. The league certainly can't impose one. It's potentially a breach of contract - so let Liverpool initiate a civil action. There's zero chance of that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

In the same way that Atletico couldn't wiggle out of their obligation to sell Alderweireld to us?

If we just refused to buy Ings, I'm not sure there is any sanction available. The league certainly can't impose one. It's potentially a breach of contract - so let Liverpool initiate a civil action. There's zero chance of that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We’ve already signed him and if we don’t pay we will be punished accordingly.

The Toby situation was different, we had an option to buy, which they could buy us out of for a couple of million. The fact that he didn’t actually want to sign for us once Spurs became interested was also a problem.

My take

Gk sell one of Forster or McCarthy. Forster is not as good and on a tonne a week so rather him, but those two facts mean he's probably unsellable. Would get a decent fee for McCarthy plus he's still on a decent wage so would still help in that regard

CB sell hoedt and Stephens, buy an experienced organising centre back

Rb this is tricky. Need somebody not good enough to play every week and block valerys development, but good enough to play if Valery is unavailable or dips in form. A loan might be a useful option. Sell cedric

Lb sell either McQueen or tragett, don't need both. Bit like gk, would rather keep targett as think he's better, but would get a better fee for him plus imagine he earns more. No idea also on how McQueen will be after his injury. Guess it depends on how good the club think vokins might be. If they're confident, worth the risk of selling targett IMHO

Midfield sell (on a free?) classie, and one of reed or lemina. One is clearly better, but if Ralph doesn't rate him or he doesn't want to be here, get rid for (I'd imagine) a decent fee and a good saving on wages. If so, reed would be ok as squad depth IMHO.

Am/ winger unfortunately no one would be dumb enough to buy Ely - he can hopefully be loaned out (we'll obviously have to pay most of his wages) or freeze out. Armstrong and sims fine (though I'd suggest make or break for sims if not both - they have talent, can they be consistent?) Give bouffal pre and early season under Ralph to assess, buy one or two, depending on bouffal. Hesketh probably to be sold (despite playing well on loan)

Forward Ings, Redmond, obafemi + an other, lose the rest.

As well as releasing Barnes, flannigan, rose and Davis that would free up a lot in wages and squad space and I think we could make something like

McCarthy hoedt and Stephens - about 20-25m combined?

Cedric targett lamina - 25-30m combined?

Classie hesketh Gallagher - 10m?

Austin, Carrillo, long - 15-20m?

Assuming the ings fee is covered by gabbi (who knows with our board) Would give us 70-85m to buy a forward, a winger, a centre back and a right back (possibly on loan). To go real quality you'd probably be looking at 30m on the striker and 20m apiece for a centre back and winger leaving maybe 10m for right back? It'll be a push but just about achievable (especially when you factor in the wages, we will be making a saving there for sure). Of course, if we need to upgrade bouffal then we're looking at a net overspend, something I doubt our board will do.

Going to be an interesting summer.

Needless to say, this assumes we stay up ... Looking likely despite last night but not certain just yet.

Edited by Chewy
Forgot Carrillo!

Interesting....

Jean-Kévin Augustin?

I'd rather yussuf poulsen, but think he might be a tad expensive for us. Add another Dane, maybe maehle and skov while we're at it and have half the Danish team? Plus poulsen supports Liverpool so his next move would be sorted?

While I'm being overly ambitious, dortmunds alexander isak is ripping up eredivisie in Holland at the moment on loan at willem. 19, 6 foot 3, scoring for fun. Some big names are looking (Chelsea and barca) among them. Would be too soon for moving to them so if he can't make dortmunds team next year I think a year or two in the premier league would be a good step up for his career. Loan might be more realistic but he's Had limited game time in Dortmund for two years so might be frustrated there. Bit of a risk, but can't do any worse than what we currently have!

Last suggestion from me, if Leeds do mess up promotion, think pontus janssen might decide it's now or never to make a move into the premier league. Good organiser, and good age, would be quite happy with that.

Poulsen sounds way too ambitious. Skov though would be ideal, exactly the sort of player we should be signing.

Ah, but which Skov should we be signing There's an andreas skov olsen making an impression with nordsjaelland too! It's like buses, wait all your life for one skov...

Everton moving for Che Adams.

Highly doubt we will get him. You tend to have a window of opportunity to get certain players and if you miss it then you have no chance.

For Adams, ours was January.

Not too bothered now as I feel that Adams was a short term fix.

Hoping RH gets his main targets in the summer and I have a strong feeling it’s Augustin and another German player.

Not too bothered now as I feel that Adams was a short term fix.

Hoping RH gets his main targets in the summer and I have a strong feeling it’s Augustin and another German player.

Is Augustin good? I've not see much of him, but he isn't a regular at Leipzig.

Everton moving for Che Adams.

Highly doubt we will get him. You tend to have a window of opportunity to get certain players and if you miss it then you have no chance.

For Adams, ours was January.

Good luck to him, can't see him being a regular their - Richarlison, Walcott, Bernard, Lookman, Calvert Lewin, all vying for similar positions.

Or we could just take Lookman off their hands instead..

If so, that's a real shame. Hope we can close the deal in the summer.

Apparently his full name is Che Everton Adams - although he was born in Leicester it sounds like he's an Everton fan. Now if that is true and if Everton want him in the summer its probably a done deal. We missed our chance back in January it seems.

I'd happily take Maupay and/or Ollie Watkins from Brentford instead though.

But I wouldn't be surprised if we sign Jean-Kevin Augustin from RB Leipzig and Davie Selke from Hertha Berlin if we are looking at strikers that have played under Hassenhuttl before and done well in his system.