Wesley Hoedt

St Chalet

On one hand I'm excited as he looks like a good player, and also shows we're making an effort to improve a slightly dodgy area of the team, bearing in mind van Dijk's situation. Also it makes sense to pre-empt van Dijk leaving, even if his departure isn't till next summer.

On the other hand, from what I saw on the video and what I have read from any Lazio fans' critique, I'm a little concerned that we are signing a player who doesn't excel at any of the things Yoshida and Stephens struggle with. If anything, it sounds like he also struggles with them. Hopefully I'm either wrong or it's not important because he's partnering van Dijk for most of the campaign.

The pros definitely outweigh the cons though, so hoping we get this over the line.

I'd like to think he will be the first part of replacing our present duo of Yoshida and Stephens. Next one, Wimmer?

Wimmer and Hoetd would be a solid pair IMO

Why don't you believe the club when they said van Dijk isn't going to be sold? A day after new owners, Krueger's statement yesterday would look ridiculous if they u-turn on it.

No, what I believe he said was that transfers are either 0% or 100%, there is no "80% or 90%" complete.
No he definitely said its 80% done. then he realised his error, rolled back, and said it's never done until it's done.

On one hand I'm excited as he looks like a good player, and also shows we're making an effort to improve a slightly dodgy area of the team, bearing in mind van Dijk's situation. Also it makes sense to pre-empt van Dijk leaving, even if his departure isn't till next summer.

On the other hand, from what I saw on the video and what I have read from any Lazio fans' critique, I'm a little concerned that we are signing a player who doesn't excel at any of the things Yoshida and Stephens struggle with. If anything, it sounds like he also struggles with them. Hopefully I'm either wrong or it's not important because he's partnering van Dijk for most of the campaign.

The pros definitely outweigh the cons though, so hoping we get this over the line.

I read somewhere that he won a higher percentage of aerial duels than any other defender in Serie A last season. Admittedly he didn't get that many games, but that's certainly the key thing that a Stephens-Yoshi paring lacks. On the downside, he's not that quick.

i hope Hoot comes and does well, if so it is a great sign that we are adding to our squad and using the summer to strengthen not weaken. This has taken many awful summers but the day seems to have arrived. My only worry is that Young Jack Stephens will suffer a setback and maybe Yoshi as well. They have been terrific in difficult times, hope they are truly professional and not quitters cos we still need them.

I read somewhere that he won a higher percentage of aerial duels than any other defender in Serie A last season. Admittedly he didn't get that many games, but that's certainly the key thing that a Stephens-Yoshi paring lacks. On the downside, he's not that quick.

Ah ok, that's good news, thanks. I was thinking that his ability in the air is the key unknown (to me at least!) that would make it a lot more positive.

No he definitely said its 80% done. then he realised his error, rolled back, and said it's never done until it's done.

Ok fair enough. I remember him saying 80%/90% and thinking it was good news but then his next sentence seemed to contradict that so thought I must have misheard.

Why don't you believe the club when they said van Dijk isn't going to be sold? A day after new owners, Krueger's statement yesterday would look ridiculous if they u-turn on it.

No u-turn at all, but I'd like to take Van Dijk out of the equation altogether, whether he's sold or not he has proved unworthy of anyone's trust. But if Hoetd joins I would definitely like VvD gone before he can turn his fellow countymans head, or worse still introduce him to his agent.:?

No u-turn at all, but I'd like to take Van Dijk out of the equation altogether, whether he's sold or not he has proved unworthy of anyone's trust. But if Hoetd joins I would definitely like VvD gone before he can turn his fellow countymans head, or worse still introduce him to his agent.:?

On the other hand, we could hope he is 5h!t so that nobody is interested in him.