Injury Watch

Roger

• 3 weeks later...

Surprised to see no discussion over who's going to be our RB over the next couple of games with Valery still not ready to return.

Danso looked a little lost in the Huddersfield game so I suppose it's going to be a case of fitting a square peg into a round hole again?

Agreed. Our sports science guys need to take a bow. The full backs, Hoj and especially JWP, have worked ridiculously hard over this period and have looked fresh throughout. Moreover, Ings has stayed injury free and looked strong when played. Newcastle have lost loads of players to hamstrings which is largely avoidable with the right training, recovery, stretching, pilates, etc.

Thought I saw something about the Sport Science department at Southampton University and its tie-in we have have had with them for many years, when the boys return after their summer break most of the body analysis is done by people from the Uni who crunch the numbers to both parties benefit. They learn, we learn and the depth of knowledge over the years of working together must be quite significant most likely helps to develop the right maintenance package for each player.

Surprised to see no discussion over who's going to be our RB over the next couple of games with Valery still not ready to return.

Danso looked a little lost in the Huddersfield game so I suppose it's going to be a case of fitting a square peg into a round hole again?

Prowse seemed quite comfortable there Tuesday, in which case I guess we'd have to start Romeu in the middle.

Prowse seemed quite comfortable there Tuesday, in which case I guess we'd have to start Romeu in the middle.

Yoshida has played RB a few times, although not particularly well if I recall.

But with Bednarek still out (I assume?), I would rather he played in the centre for our next couple of games rather than Vestergaard, whose lack of pace and mobility will be ruthlessly exposed by Spurs and Liverpool.

Yoshida has played RB a few times, although not particularly well if I recall.

But with Bednarek still out (I assume?), I would rather he played in the centre for our next couple of games rather than Vestergaard, whose lack of pace and mobility will be ruthlessly exposed by Spurs and Liverpool.

Yoshida is woeful at full back! I think Stephens was slightly better at full back, and didn't Ramsey have a game or two at right back a year or so back? Wasnt stand out, but dont think was especially bad either?

@AdamBlackmore: Some good news #saintsfc

Ralph says Ward-Prowse injury is only a deep cut, not worse - might be fit for Burnley [emoji120][emoji106]

That's a huge relief. Far more important than the loss, even though that p!ssed me off significantly.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I’m starting to think JWP is a superhuman. He has started every game has he not?

Yep, played every minute this season apart from when he went off injured I think. And run the second most in the league behind Kante who definitely isn't human.

This may be complete rubbish but I have been told that we picked up 6 long to medium term injuries yesterday and that does not include Redmond who is likely to be out for the rest of this season. Not sure of names but believed to be Djenepo,Boufal,Ings,Bertrand, JWP and Stephens

And just what fount of knowledge told you that?

Surprised that if they are medium to long term injuries that five of them were running around well enough at 90 mins yesterday.

I suspect your five first words are the most accurate part of your post.

This may be complete rubbish but I have been told that we picked up 6 long to medium term injuries yesterday and that does not include Redmond who is likely to be out for the rest of this season. Not sure of names but believed to be Djenepo,Boufal,Ings,Bertrand, JWP and Stephens

"Not sure Of the name's but believed it to be" .............

:lol:

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

Stephens kept to the middle third of the pitch towards the end of the game yesterday as he seemed to be moving slowly. Commented at the time that it wasn't like him not to be giving 100% and would have expected him to go off if we had any subs left.

Ings and Djenepo were in yesterday's recovery training pictures.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I dont usually post a great deal and I do not intend to get into a keyboard warrior battle . It was information passed to me by a third party . I have no idea if it is true or not and care even less if you lot do
I accept that you posted in good faith, but sometimes it's good to question sources. Unfortunately there are plenty around who spread rumours (especially those of doom and gloom) as a wind-up.

I think we've lost Boufal for a bit, Redmond is obviously out too.

Stephens was heavily limping quite a bit I noticed, and so was Long at some stages - but everyone else seemed ok.

But we don't have a deep squad with enough quality, so we will be hit by injuries and they will hit our form. This is why January shouldn't have been ignored as it was. Oh sorry, we did buy someone! But we had to let someone go first....

Quite a few familiar faces missing from training today.
Prowse, Boufal, Walker-Peters and Long were the only ones I couldn't make out from the training pictures yesterday (apart from Redmond, obviously).

Although I thought I read somewhere else that Boufal was fine. So who knows?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ivan Katalinic's 'tache said:

Wonder if Djenepo will get a chance for a run out next week before the season ends? Would be good to have an option to replace Redmond if he tires during Sunday's final game.

Hasenhuttl said Djenepo and Boufal were unlikely to play again this season. They haven't been shown in recent training galleries.