Dodgest penalties awarded to saints?

doddisalegend

Football fans are always quick to point out penalties that their team didn't get or the dodgy penalties the opposition are awarded. But I was thinking what about dodgy penalties we have been award over the years the sort that even with your best red and white glasses on you have to say "the ref got that one wrong"

First up I'll give you Fonte against Brighton in the championship (about 1.20 in) I was at that game and I don't remember complaining about it out the time :D

I'm sure there must be others can anyone think of any?

Football fans are always quick to point out penalties that their team didn't get or the dodgy penalties the opposition are awarded. But I was thinking what about dodgy penalties we have been award over the years the sort that even with your best red and white glasses on you have to say "the ref got that one wrong"

First up I'll give you Fonte against Brighton in the championship (about 1.20 in) I was at that game and I don't remember complaining about it out the time :D

The weird thing about the Brighton game was that there were two stonewall penalties that weren't given, and two dodgy ones that were. Lambert went down fairly easily for the second one that was given, having previously been wrestled to the ground by a defender and getting nothing. Brighton were a horrible niggly Gus Poyet side at the time and the ref never really had control of the game.

We also got two penalties at Millwall the same season, the second of which was a handball by a very young Harry Kane. Wondered if that ref ever went back to the Den.

100% penalty that. ?

Think Kevin Phillips in a home match when he tripped up and the ref gave it.

Was it the day we won the rugby World Cup?

Against Wolves? Not only tripped up it was so far outside the box think he was still outside the penalty area when he hit the ground. But hey ho, the ref gave it so it's a penalty

Jrod againts Villa

He dived. Simple as that

Ref for that game was Mark Halsey , Was talking about the Vardy dive against us the other week and mentioned the Jrod dive said next match he reffed us with him playing he had "A quiet word in the tunnel" haha

From where I was it looked like Hooiveld handled the ball and instead of a freekick to Millwall the ref gave us a pen. Good day that was.

There’s a photo somewhere of a Millwall player (not Kane, some meaty looking skinhead I think) doing a Maradona, before it got to Jos. Can’t remember but it was an absolute stone waller when you see it.

I was at the game too and didn’t see it either.

There’s a photo somewhere of a Millwall player (not Kane, some meaty looking skinhead I think) doing a Maradona, before it got to Jos. Can’t remember but it was an absolute stone waller when you see it.

I was at the game too and didn’t see it either.

this one? yeah that certainly puts a different light on it

AoQQ5glCQAIazGW.jpg

Not the worst (j rod wins that) but the most recent i remember was the one we got opening day v West Ham a season or two back allowing us to win after we'd contrived to surrender a 2 goal lead against ten men. May have actually been a pen but remember thinking it was very soft at the time. Of course, being against the hammers I was ok with it!

Three or four that stand out

- Short on Beattie in Sturrock’s last game

- Pahars v Everton early in 02/03

- R Wallace v Newcastle early 90s to end a hideous run without winning

- Saganowski v Yeovil x2

I seem to recall the Pahars one was when he kicked his left leg with his right one, fell over as a result and got the pen! I also seem to recall there was no defender within a yard of him! If my memory is correct, that has to be the dodgiest penno we've had in the modern era

Jrod againts Villa

He dived. Simple as that

I was in the toilet when that happened and just got back to my seat in time to see the penalty.

We had gone with a Villa mate who drove us there and she was cursing on the journey back! I could legitimately deny seeing it but my lad couldn’t stop laughing about it!