I reckon he will be sacked tomorrow

davefoggy

Why? Strachan has been out of club management for a long time!

- His last club job was 7 years ago ... which he failed in

- His last top flight job in a major league was 14 years ago! (us)

giphy.gif

Next people will be wanting McMenemy back :rolleyes:

Again, he would be better than our current manager. Dave Merrington would be a better option right now.

Sounds like you are happy to keep the clown in charge?

Sounds like you are happy to keep the clown in charge?

I'm not sure why you think that and jumped to that conclusion, when all I've said is Strachan isn't a good option.

Given the choice of Pellegrino or Strachan, I'd pick Strachan, but that isn't the only choice and there are many other managers I'd rather have than Strachan. Of course I'm grateful for what Strachan did in his time at Saints, but football in the Premier League has moved on and Strachan hasn't operated at that level for a very long time (14 years).

i think the main problem here is a general sense of "whats the point?" with our squad. the ones that stay are given an endless round of quality players......that will go within a season or two, leaving the ones that don't thinking "i must be ****e no other clubs want me!", but i am happy to stay and play for the club............... "hold on here comes a another johnny big balls, no point bonding with him, he'll be gone soon!"..............no cohesion :(

Hilarious that some people are so utterly incapable of taking off their rose tinted nostalgic specs that they lack the intelligence to see beyond old saints managers from a bygone era like Strachan as being the best option. Embarrassing in fact. He's better than Pellegrino, yes but so am I. And so are literally dozens of current available football managers who are also miles better than Strachan.

Hilarious that some people are so utterly incapable of taking off their rose tinted nostalgic specs that they lack the intelligence to see beyond old saints managers from a bygone era like Strachan as being the best option. Embarrassing in fact. He's better than Pellegrino, yes but so am I. And so are literally dozens of current available football managers who are also miles better than Strachan.

I note you have specifically not ruled out a move for the 6 foot 4 inch ex-Coldstream guardsman.

Tweaking the tails of the big clubs.

Ah Ah Ah.

I'm not sure why you think that and jumped to that conclusion, when all I've said is Strachan isn't a good option.

Given the choice of Pellegrino or Strachan, I'd pick Strachan, but that isn't the only choice and there are many other managers I'd rather have than Strachan. Of course I'm grateful for what Strachan did in his time at Saints, but football in the Premier League has moved on and Strachan hasn't operated at that level for a very long time (14 years).

As as much as I want MP to move on, Wee Gord isn’t the answer and the above sums it up very well imo.

He won't be going anywhere he is key to the mass asset strip that wil! happen.

So far board have pocketed Van D money have the fans some bull about Promes.

Next comes relegation

Most first team sold

Gao gets investment back

Les gets Liverpool bonus for giving them boufal......

Les retires

Job done......

Next comes relegation

Most first team sold

Gao gets investment back

Les retires

Job done......

Why bother buying Carrillo then?

And why on earth would Liverpool want Boufal?

Carillo is the anchor pulling Pellegrino and us down into the championship. Perhaps the Gao asset strip theory is not without foundation. Watch him get out once his debt is cleared and all our top players are sold. maybe.

Carillo is the anchor pulling Pellegrino and us down into the championship. Perhaps the Gao asset strip theory is not without foundation. Watch him get out once his debt is cleared and all our top players are sold. maybe.

Come on, if you plan to asset strip why splurge 17 M on a player arguably not worth that? Instead you strip asses - there is a clue in why it is called "asset stripping"

Why? Strachan has been out of club management for a long time!

- His last club job was 7 years ago ... which he failed in

- His last top flight job in a major league was 14 years ago! (us)

giphy.gif

Next people will be wanting McMenemy back :rolleyes:

Working in International football is still football so it's not like he's been out of the game.

It's not rocket science, it's just a bunch of blokes running around a field kicking a ball - he would be fine.

He'll get another chance on Saturday.... Lose that, he'll be gone. win it, he'll get the next game, fail to win that hes gone.

The next 6 games are a must win for both us and him.

I still feel like we have given him far too long, if we go down it is the boards fault.

Working in International football is still football so it's not like he's been out of the game.

It's not rocket science, it's just a bunch of blokes running around a field kicking a ball - he would be fine.

I've spoken to people in club football and international football through stuff I did at Uni. It's a completely different game managing a nation to managing a club.

I also suspect it's a bit harder than you're making out...

He'll get another chance on Saturday.... Lose that, he'll be gone. win it, he'll get the next game, fail to win that hes gone.

I still feel like we have given him far too long, if we go down it is the boards fault.

I'm not sure why Saturday would be the decisive game. He isn't going anywhere

It's always Saturday....

Les, Ralph and the new owners need to grow some balls.

With the Chinese New Year arriving this Friday, if the club are about to do anything then it has to be within the next few days.

Whereas Strachan would be better than MoPee, Nigel Pearson is the one to keep us up. He did it before and has all the qualities necessary to save the day.

Who would take an FA Cup win and relegation like Wigan?

Nope.

Looking at it realistically, the FA Cup draw has by and large kept the better teams separated, with Man U, Chelsea, Leicester, Spurs and City still in the draw and kept apart for the 5th round. At some point we’ll have to face one of them, unless there are several upsets and we get ridiculously lucky with the draw. This manager has not defeated a top 6 team yet, and could not even talk his players into putting in a decent effort at home to Leicester City.

The chances of lucking out and drawing a lower division side in the semi finals as we did under Strachan in 2003 won’t be very good this year.

Under this manager and with the teams left in this draw, I can’t realistically see us getting to Wembley. I’m going to worry about surviving in the PL.

Next comes relegation

Most first team sold

Gao gets investment back

Les retires

Job done......

Why do we need to get relegated to further this genius plan?

Why buy Carrillo because he is unproven in the prem isn't that great....... If we had any ambition should of just laid down £35 million for a top striker......

No, why buy a striker at all if there is a dastardly plan to sell everything and pocket the money?

No, why buy a striker at all if there is a dastardly plan to sell everything and pocket the money?
To be honest I'm warming to the "sign rubbish players to asset strip six months later" thoery. I mean if the grand plan to asset strip everything then you might as well guarantee that the player we are flogging are no good so can asset strip super-quickly for cheap prices or something.

It's completely plausible.

To be honest I'm warming to the "sign rubbish players to asset strip six months later" thoery. I mean if the grand plan to asset strip everything then you might as well guarantee that the player we are flogging are no good so can asset strip super-quickly for cheap prices or something.

It's completely plausible.

I can't make any sense out of your post.

" They want to asset strip everything" - presumably to take money out?

" Flog players who are no good" - the ones we bought for less than they are worth, or ones we bought for more than they are worth?

" Asset strip super quick at cheap prices" - by selling at below what they are worth? Or by first buying more at less than they are worth?

Ah, hang on; we are buying rubbish at inflated prices so the better ones want to leave. We can sell them cheap so we can then also justify selling the crap ones we just bought at less than we paid. Have I got it now?

I can't make any sense out of your post.

" They want to asset strip everything" - presumably to take money out?

" Flog players who are no good" - the ones we bought for less than they are worth, or ones we bought for more than they are worth?

" Asset strip super quick at cheap prices" - by selling at below what they are worth? Or by first buying more at less than they are worth?

Ah, hang on; we are buying rubbish at inflated prices so the better ones want to leave. We can sell them cheap so we can then also justify selling the crap ones we just bought at less than we paid. Have I got it now?

Whooosh!