Leicester vs Saints - Build up

SuperSAINT

NO PELLE, NO MANE, NO WANYAMA! NO VVD AND FONTE HALF WAY THROUGH !

Well, he's really done no better at Leicester despite keeping hold of most of their better players with an almost identical scenario with rumours of losing the dressing room, fan unrest, boring football.

I reckon he's probably a real nice guy but who's personality isn't best suited for a level full of prima donnas.

Tough game all the same, take a draw.

Are you ****ing kidding? Puel was ****e for us and I don't want to hear the BS about the cup final and 8th place, the football was DULL, DULL , DULL!

Oh well. Why exactly does it matter what style of football it is? It's a results based industry.

Well, he's really done no better at Leicester despite keeping hold of most of their better players with an almost identical scenario with rumours of losing the dressing room, fan unrest, boring football.

I reckon he's probably a real nice guy but who's personality isn't best suited for a level full of prima donnas.

Tough game all the same, take a draw.

I'd rather have been in Leicester's position the last two seasons than ours.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Nobody would care if we where winning most weeks.

Well clearly they would, which is why fans (and more importantly players...) at both us and Leicester have become disgruntled with Puel.

With the benefit of hindsight, of course you’d prefer puel to MP or MH.

The fact of the matter is 2 sets of fans have been “fallen out of love” with it after Puels reign and should he get another job in England (I suspect he will), it’ll happen again. A boring man, who plays boring football... not cut out for English football imo.

Well clearly they would, which is why fans (and more importantly players...) at both us and Leicester have become disgruntled with Puel.

The fact of the matter is 2 sets of fans have been “fallen out of love” with it after Puels reign and should he get another job in England (I suspect he will), it’ll happen again. A boring man, who plays boring football... not cut out for English football imo.

not really, i don't see leicester fans complaining about their win against everton 1-0, or other wins...

it's about results, not whether you are bored or not- and he hasn't achieved them in fixtures that he is expected to- would Leicester fans have preferred a 4-3 defeat at Goodison or a 1-0 smash and grab win that they had on NYD?

for me, the entertainment comes with the result.

and same with us- he got sacked with us because ultimately results and form was dire- and it was right that it did happen- it would be same case with Leicester if it were to happen but my prediction is they'll give him the end of season like he saw it out with us (unless they really do fall off a cliff)

Any chance of Bertrand, Ings or Obafemi being available?

Bertrand I think is back in training, Ings out for 2 further weeks, and Obafemi I think won't be available on the 12th but should be back in the fold for the replay hopefully.

Any chance of Bertrand, Ings or Obafemi being available?
Bertrand possibly - RH said before Derby he was due back in training over the weekend.

Would be a big boost.

Ings - no chance.

Obafemi - not clear from whats been said but probably doubtful

Leicester are currently sitting in the best of the rest position. Despite the negativity towards their manager I know where I would rather be. He must be doing something right. I don’t fancy our chances up there.

Yeah but his press conferences are boring so ya know...

Who said anything about Puel? Batman said people wouldn't want Moyes and big Sam. My point is fans want a manager that wins no one cares how much of a cock or boring the manager is, or what tactics and formation he uses if he is bringing in 3pts most weeks. In the end the entertainment comes from seeing your team do well and winning.

Bertrand I think is back in training, Ings out for 2 further weeks, and Obafemi I think won't be available on the 12th but should be back in the fold for the replay hopefully.
Getting Bertrand back ( assuming he has bought into Ralph's philosophy) would make a huge difference. Cedric and Bertrand on their game playing as wingbacks would certainly improve us in a 3-4-3

My word we look toothless up top without Ings, and without Yoshida our back line looks weaker. Has to be addressed in this transfer window. With any luck Bertrand will be fit enough. Can't see us winning this if I'm honest.

Gunn

Bednarak, Stephens, Vestergaard

Cedric, Romeu, Lemina, Bertrand

Redmond, Austin, Armstrong

God I hope Long isn't selected up front, I'd rather recall Forster and play him up front instead. Big lump like that up front, I'd back him to score before Long.

If Ings is injured then Charlie and\or one of the kids gets the nod up front. Long's time with us should be finished.

I'd keep with Gunn too based on the Chelsea shutout.

There's a potential point up for grabs here with comatose Claude in charge up there.

Interesting CP's doing as well for Leicester as he was for us:-

Southampton 30 June 2016 14 June 2017 53 20 13 20 37.7

Leicester City 25 October 2017 Present 61 23 17 21 37.7

37.7 being the win %

I guess come Saturday its going to be better or worse..

Interesting CP's doing as well for Leicester as he was for us:-

Southampton 30 June 2016 14 June 2017 53 20 13 20 37.7

Leicester City 25 October 2017 Present 61 23 17 21 37.7

37.7 being the win %

I guess come Saturday its going to be better or worse..

Wow, that is a statistical fluke!

I would pick:

------------- A goalkeeper --------------

---Vestergaard--Bednarek--Bertrand---

Valery-----Lemina--Romeu------Cedric

---------Armstrong---JWP------------------

-----------------Redmond---------------------

Bench:

GK, Stephens, Targett, Slattery, Long, Austin, Johnson

What's wrong with Ings?

What's ever right with him? Always nursing an injury even when playing. Surely we can opt out of the "buy" clause in his loan contract. The lad is looking like a long term liability and we can ill afford £20m on a player who is only fit for one match in every four or five.

Any recommendations for pubs? Will be getting there early doors for a bit of a day out.

The Counting House is always popular (maybe too popular!!) getting served can be a pain, but quite convenient for the ground and there is a Tesco's (?) or similar to get a bag of crisps or a sarnie across the road!!

Not that the weather is suitable this time of year, but useful for buying bottles/tins and sitting outside the pub without paying pub prices!!