The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

Fee explained.

GABBIADINI DEAL AGREED

News moves quickly doesn't it. Manolo Gabbiadini is definitely joining Sampdoria from Southampton on a permanent deal, following an initial loan.

Sampdoria will pay an £10.75m (€12m) in all, made up of £2.6m for the loan and £8.1m when he moves in the summer.

FWIW, Cabbage face's outgoings are pretty spot on. Macca is indeed the next one we are hoping to cash in on.

Cabbage is actually ITK!?!? So who are we selling Macca to?

I'd ask you about incomings, Guan, but you've already had your 3 posts for the day!

Yet Long and Austin are still here??!

Hasenhüttl doesn’t seem to rate Gabbiadini. Plus, if the club needs to sell to buy, Gabbiadini’s easier to shift than Long and Austin.

That being said, an obligation to pay a transfer fee in the summer doesn’t seem to help us pay for incomings in this window, except for reducing the wage bill.

So what has the window told us so far? Looks like the directive from the owners is we have to sell before we can buy.

Who is in demand from our squad?

SOLD

Davis - gone, good deal both ways wish him luck

Gabbi - gone, bit of a shame for us but fresh start for him and understandable

SALEABLE

Redmond - hopefully won't be sold

Lemina - mixed feelings on this forum but I think he is class, needs fitness and better management - would we be able to replace equal or better for the money we'd get? - I doubt it

McCarthy - good not great, likely to go IMO

Cedric - on the block for sure

Bertrand - still a possibility someone may come in for him despite the lack of a 'for sale' sign...if they did, we'd probably sell him

Hoj - don't see many interested parties and better value staying

Yoshida - possible some Asian club will go for him after the Asian cup...would be a loss IMO

Romeu - don't see targeted interest...people would take him off our hands if if was a bargain sale...better keeping as still has a lot to offer us IMO

JWP - maybe...he gets talked-up by commentators

THE REST

I've probably missed one or two, but pretty much all the rest I don't see the demand for.

Point being we are going to be limited in who we can realistically sell. Can't believe Ralph doesn't have his eye on one or two players from the Bundesliga and perhaps Christian Gross from Brighton - and that having some cash to play with in January wasn't agreed when he signed. If we are keeping investment money up our sleeves is it smart waiting until the end of the January window? - surely the worst of all times to get value for money. We need to do some buying now.

FWIW, Cabbage face's outgoings are pretty spot on. Macca is indeed the next one we are hoping to cash in on.

Cheers Guan. Macca is an odd one, kinda didn’t want to believe it when I was told but then I was told he would be dropped vs Chelsea. We shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting, so we've taken a loss of about £4m on Gabbi, who has just turned 27, has 2.5 years left on his contract, and who hasn't really lived up to expectations (bought £14/15m sold £10.75m).

Those are almost exactly the same circumstances under which Monaco sold us Carillo this time last year (26.5 years old, 2.5 years left on his contract, rubbish stats), yet in their case they managed to more than double their money (bought £8m sold £19m).

Interesting, so we've taken a loss of about £4m on Gabbi, who has just turned 27, has 2.5 years left on his contract, and who hasn't really lived up to expectations (bought £14/15m sold £10.75m).

Those are almost exactly the same circumstances under which Monaco sold us Carillo this time last year (26.5 years old, 2.5 years left on his contract, rubbish stats), yet in their case they managed to more than double their money (bought £8m sold £19m).

The difference is everyone knows we need to sell.

Nah Verlaine, you make a fundamental mistake in not including the value we have already had out of him.

He signed for £14m on a 4½ year contract, so that is £3.1m a year. So with 2½ years remaining that comes to £7.7m while we are selling at £3m more than that.

That is simple market forces.

PL clubs have lots of money, clubs across Europe outside the big boys do not have as much. So if we are selling these players to the Ajax's, Feyenoords, Sampdorias, Getafes, etc. we can't expect them to be shelling out £20 million for players we don't want and taking on their £50-60k a week wages.

We have taken advantage of the draw of the PL finances, unfortunately it works both ways, we can't expect to flash our cash round Europe to draw these players often away from clubs actually better than us and then expect them to pay just as much to get them back when it doesn't work out.

Look at Chelsea's deal for Pulisic, most of the English press has barely batted an eyelid over that deal, whereas in Germany people think Chelsea are crazy for paying so much for a player, especially not the finished article who was in and out of the Dortmund team.

Germany's 2nd best team, Dortmund can't keep up with PL spending and the Bundesliga is probably richer than most of the other European leagues. If you can't sell to the likes of Barca, PSG, Real, Juve, Bayern, then you are not going to get massive fees from clubs round Europe, they just can't afford them.

Anyone who thinks that vegetable face is ITK, is easily fooled. My son (not a football person), has been telling me pretty much the same sort of rumours, they'll either pan out, or not. Trousers is right, twitter is out there folks!

Feeble apology

Anyone who thinks that vegetable face is ITK, is easily fooled. My son (not a football person), has been telling me pretty much the same sort of rumours, they'll either pan out, or not. Trousers is right, twitter is out there folks!
Purrrrrrr

:)

A lot of butthurt people out there. I was in long before twitter rumours. Like I said, I’m now keeping any info to myself. Thanks.

Please keep posting any info you have, I for one am grateful.

Pretending to be ITK is very 2010.

But Cabbage is obviously ITK and people need to please respect him more

Let's not chase away another ITK asset from the forum

Long live ITK Cabbage.

200.gif

But Heisenberg - does he make up derogatory quotes about our young players who you havent seen play as you do ???

A lot of butthurt people out there. I was in long before twitter rumours. Like I said, I’m now keeping any info to myself. Thanks.

Personally enjoy the info. Sometimes someone can have the right info, things change and then it looks like they were wrong.

Any snippets, right or wrong, I enjoy seeing on here (or a PM). Keep them coming, it's the transfer window after all..

Ighalo?

IGHALO TARGETS PL RETURN

Former Watford striker Odion Ighalo has told Sky Sports News he wants to return to the Premier League this month.

The Nigeria international joined Chinese club Changchun Yatai for £20m in January 2017 and was the second highest top scorer in the Chinese Super League last season. During his time in the China, he has scored 36 goals in 55 games.

Chanchung Yatai would want to recoup at least the £20m they spent if they were to sell with Ighalo expected to fly into the UK this week to discuss his future.

Does anyone think Ighalo would actually be a good signing? He was pretty poor that second season for Watford and at the time I remember them being very pleased to take the money from China. At £20m, I wouldn’t be interested to be honest.

I would actually be quite surprised if we made any permanent signings this window. Loans only.

Hasenhüttl in his press conference before this weekend's game...

Whether Forster is in his plans...

No, not really. I made the choice to have two strong keepers with Angus Gunn and Alex McCarthy. I think they did it well, both of them. So it will always be like it is, if you have a good experience with one goalkeeper then you don’t look for another one. It can be that Fraser can take a game in the under-23s. It’s possible to do so in the future because he needs games to get back in the position where he is an option for other clubs maybe and that’s what we try to force in the future.

Whether Fraser might therefore leave the club as he trims the squad…

Yes, that’s right.

Gabbiadini going to Sampdoria today and why didn’t it work out here…

It’s difficult to say. If you are a new manager and you come to a new club, you get the first experience and first impressions about a player and for me it seems that he is a good player with fantastic technique, but with this intensive pressing system we try to play, I think to be honest it’s not his way of playing. So it’s better to find a solution that is better for both sides. We can’t show him what he wants to see from us and he can’t bring us what we want to see from him. So it’s better to find a different solution and I think it’s a good step for him to go back to Italy and I wish him all the best. I know that he is a fantastic player and I am sure that he can score in every club in the world, his goals, but we try to go a different way and I think for that we need different players.

Whether signing a forward is his priority now...

That’s right. That’s what we are forcing and what we are looking for. To bring someone in, in this transfer period is not so easy. Because we must find a guy who is also not for the short-term to make us better, but also for the long-term. I only want to take a transfer which is also with a future, that it is helping us for the longer term and that’s what I want to see.

If the upcoming games means we should move faster in the market...

Sure, it’s better to make it as soon as possible. But it’s not so easy in the winter transfer period. We have very important games now, that we are facing and we have a good squad. We have a little bit of a problem with injuries in the front, that’s right. But we don’t want to be hurried. We’ll take time, think about it and if we are 100 per cent sure that this guy makes us better, we will take it. But not earlier.

Hasenhüttl in his press conference before this weekend's game...

Whether Forster is in his plans...

No, not really. I made the choice to have two strong keepers with Angus Gunn and Alex McCarthy. I think they did it well, both of them. So it will always be like it is, if you have a good experience with one goalkeeper then you don’t look for another one. It can be that Fraser can take a game in the under-23s. It’s possible to do so in the future because he needs games to get back in the position where he is an option for other clubs maybe and that’s what we try to force in the future.

Whether Fraser might therefore leave the club as he trims the squad…

Yes, that’s right.

Gabbiadini going to Sampdoria today and why didn’t it work out here…

It’s difficult to say. If you are a new manager and you come to a new club, you get the first experience and first impressions about a player and for me it seems that he is a good player with fantastic technique, but with this intensive pressing system we try to play, I think to be honest it’s not his way of playing. So it’s better to find a solution that is better for both sides. We can’t show him what he wants to see from us and he can’t bring us what we want to see from him. So it’s better to find a different solution and I think it’s a good step for him to go back to Italy and I wish him all the best. I know that he is a fantastic player and I am sure that he can score in every club in the world, his goals, but we try to go a different way and I think for that we need different players.

Whether signing a forward is his priority now...

That’s right. That’s what we are forcing and what we are looking for. To bring someone in, in this transfer period is not so easy. Because we must find a guy who is also not for the short-term to make us better, but also for the long-term. I only want to take a transfer which is also with a future, that it is helping us for the longer term and that’s what I want to see.

If the upcoming games means we should move faster in the market...

Sure, it’s better to make it as soon as possible. But it’s not so easy in the winter transfer period. We have very important games now, that we are facing and we have a good squad. We have a little bit of a problem with injuries in the front, that’s right. But we don’t want to be hurried. We’ll take time, think about it and if we are 100 per cent sure that this guy makes us better, we will take it. But not earlier.

Just like the old days! Cheers for the write-up mate.

Hoedt def bombed out:

@AdamBlackmore: #saintsfc manager Ralph Hasenhüttl no-nonsense today: Like Gabbiadini, Wesley Hoedt doesn’t suit his style and should maybe look for another club

No plans to include Fraser Forster in first team - could play for the U23s so other clubs can look at him. Refreshingly candid

Hoedt def bombed out:

@AdamBlackmore: #saintsfc manager Ralph Hasenhüttl no-nonsense today: Like Gabbiadini, Wesley Hoedt doesn’t suit his style and should maybe look for another club

No plans to include Fraser Forster in first team - could play for the U23s so other clubs can look at him. Refreshingly candid

On the basis that he hasn't even given Wes a single minute of first team action to prove himself, I think this is the diplomatic way of saying "I don't like you... F*** off".