Leicester vs Saints - Build up

SuperSAINT

He seemed quite upbeat about Gallagher's progress. Wouldn't surprise me to see him in the squad this weekend.

Good stuff. Only heard a tiny bit of the presser so literally only heard the Bertrand bit.

Perfect time for Sam (if he's anywhere near match-fit) with our current striker availability.

Ings and Obafemi unavailable. Gallagher still returning to fitness. Gabbiadini gone to Sampdoria.

Are we going to have to rely on Austin and/or Long up front again on Saturday? After how utterly useless they both were against Derby, I wouldn't be hopeful of us getting many (or any) goals if so.

Defenders are going to have to earn their money with this game if we are to get any points from it.

Ings and Obafemi unavailable. Gallagher still returning to fitness. Gabbiadini gone to Sampdoria.

Are we going to have to rely on Austin and/or Long up front again on Saturday? After how utterly useless they both were against Derby, I wouldn't be hopeful of us getting many (or any) goals if so.

Defenders are going to have to earn their money with this game if we are to get any points from it.

Blackmore saying Lemina out too. Squad near enough picks-itself with all these injuries.

This is surely what we're looking at...

----------Gunn/McCarthy

----Bednarek Stephens Vestergaard

Valery/Cedric JWP Romeu Targett/Cedric

---------Armstrong Redmond

---------------Long

Subs: McCarthy/Gunn, Ramsay, Cedric/Valery/Targett, Slattery, Gallagher, Sims/Barnes/Johnson, Elyounoussi

This is surely what we're looking at...

----------Gunn/McCarthy

----Bednarek Stephens Vestergaard

Valery/Cedric JWP Romeu Targett/Cedric

---------Armstrong Redmond

---------------Long

Subs: McCarthy/Gunn, Ramsay, Cedric/Valery/Targett, Slattery, Gallagher, Sims/Barnes/Johnson, Elyounoussi

Agree. Looks like our bench could be the most inexperienced of all time!

I see from the official site the training at Staplewood for the Leicester game that Gabbi is still training with them.

Nothing unusual about that after all he is a professional footballer and if he does move he will want to stay match fit and hit the ground running at a new club. He cannot afford another Southampton in/out saga in his career.

Maybe Elyounoussi will have to play. I've been watching his old youtube videos to try and figure out what we possibly saw in him, and he hasn't always been a total non-footballer. There might be a player in there. God knows where, though.

He surely can't be as bad as he's appeared to be so far. Surely...

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I'd rather Redmond up front with Armstrong and Sims - Long really isn't a start-the-game proposition. Is Lemina fit? If so, he should replace Ward-Prowse.

I don't like the idea of Lemina sitting in front of the defence, he lacks concentration and will leave OR isolated, remind us of are defensive record when we played Hoj and Lemina in the cm roles?

I like Lawro's prediciton.

I worry about Saints, but I like the manager, they will be fine.

Lose 2 nil.

Blokes a idiot.

I also worry about Saints. I also like the manager. I also think we'll be fine.

Against Leicester we'll run around a lot, look relatively promising in spells, then make two stupid mistakes at the back to lose 2-0.

I don't think there is any inconsistency in that (cue surprise "well you're also an idiot" response)

So only Long available. I'd start Gallagher if fit. I mean he can run around and close down like Long and I've more faith in him to become a goalscorer.

I guess we go with Redmond and Long on the break and just hassle their defence. We need to play like they did but don't anymore. Puel wants them having more possession so let them have it, we'll hit them on the break. Vardy isn't great against a deer defence.

352 with Redmond and Long up front. Armstrong supporting.

Must be those antlers

Hopefully a full week of training will help but we have to be far better in defence than we were at derby. Worrying that targett, vestergard, Stephens will start. Got to keep Maddison quiet, very good player. Should of been a player we went for last summer ;)

Armstrong redz and unfortunately long up front. Be good if we can get Gallagher off the bench for last 20 mins if we need him.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Let's hope not, we've lost every game he has scored in since the EFL Cup final.

All 2 of them.

Interesting that. I just had a look at his stats and the last league point won by a Shane Long goal, i.e. a game where we wouldn't have got that point without his goal, was nearly 3 years ago, February 2016, at Swansea and before that you'd have to go back to 2015 at Newcastle. So, on the few occasions he has scored in league games it's not made much difference.

I also worry about Saints. I also like the manager. I also think we'll be fine.

Against Leicester we'll run around a lot, look relatively promising in spells, then make two stupid mistakes at the back to lose 2-0.

I don't think there is any inconsistency in that (cue surprise "well you're also an idiot" response)

maybe be cabbage wasn’t relating the idiot comments to the other comments. Maybe he was just adding at the end that he was an idiot which he is by the way.