RIP Kevin Moore

Saint-Armstrong

Nice nice man, very sad news but i guess a bit of a relief that he is now at peace after an illness that was so hard to cope with. A good solid pro who was the salt of the earth.

Always hear nothing but good things about the man. Top Saints pro as well. RIP.

Kev worked with me at B&Q in his later years with Saints as he worked toward his Chartered surveying exams, before he went up to Fulham as security officer.

Just feel so sorry for his wife and kids same age as me and mine, but relief for him after a horrible illness. Never had the chance to enjoy the good times.

Sad news, that he has gone, but after such a cruel illness, he is at last at rest.

Always a solid and reliable performer who took his chance in the top flight well after a long wait, and for a few seasons never looked out of place. Only ever heard good things about him off the pitch as well.

I wasn't at the ZDS final, but I remember him well. Arrived from the lower divisions at quite a late age and then proceeded to surprise us all. From memory didn't he end up as one of the '92 club', having played at all the then league grounds? He had a real spring in his jump too, and just seemed to enjoy his football.

RIP

Dreadful news that someone like Kevin should leave us so early from such a terrible disease. Somehow it doesn`t seem right or fair.

I`m sure he will be remembered by the Grimsby faithful too.

Sincere condolences to his family.

What a terribly sad day. I too, will never forget the ZDS final, it was one of the best days out watching Saints ever, and one of his goals that day at the Saints end was the most towering header I've seen in many a year. A true Saint, taken from us at too young an age. I do hope that we have a minutes silence for him at the last home game rather than remember him on "All Saints Day" later in the year. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. Rest in Peace Kevin, thanks for the memories.

R.I.P. Kevin, and condolences to his family and friends, a once true great leader of this club.

I remember that pairing of Osman and Moore and would only really be concerned if Moore was out, without him, our defence was a bit of a shambles. But, with him in it, they had that rock they could rely on, gave them confidence.

The ZDS final, not only did he score with a header, I was sitting directly behind the goal about 10 rows back and could see that his leap was as high as the cross bar. When you watch the replay, no-one gets near him!

Lastly, one of my fondest memories of that final was the 35 yard run he made to plough into their time wasting keeper, can't remember the keepers name, but he was very young at that game.

Thanks for the memories Kevin, you'll always be remembered fondly.

That is terrible news. The players in that team feel like `my saints' if you know what I mean. I was 15 at the time and went to all the games and they all meant much more than they do now. Loved that side and the players in it including Mooro.

That 89 side was perhaps the best Saints team I've seen and he played a big part of that. Monster headerer of the ball and hard as nails. Has any football had whiter legs than him? Not sure exactly how good a player he was. My memory is not great. Can anyone remind me. I recall he was not the most comfortable on the ball, but did the basics right. Decent in the air, perhaps not the quickest. Mean but quiet. A silent assisin perhaps? Love to hear a bit more from fans about the type of player he was.

Very sad to hear. I am genuinely gutted and I don't ever get emotional about people I don't know.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})