Top 5 Priorities for Hasenhüttl

Dusic

1. Stick to one main system and get players comfortable in playing it.

2. Find the best combination from our 5 CBs who each have clear weaknesses and overall are about as good as each other.

3. Win a home game to get fans truely onside and capitalise on a revitalised fanbase.

4. Quickly judge which players are not up to it and attempt to move them on in January to free up cash and space.

5. Track down the elusive Gao and convince him we need to spend in January to pull ourselves safe.

I think 3 has half been won. We haven't appointed the same old low end mangerial roundabout type and someone who fits the "Southampton Way" nonsense.

I would imagine he wouldve seen us play, knows what the problems are, and i think the board will back him fully in the summer.

TBF he will get Bertrand and Cedric back to their best as they both suit his kind of system, it's just the CB he will need to work with.

It's all very exciting.

For most, yes. For some, no chance.

I get the impression those who go on about how awful Puel was only do so when somebody pipes up and says something about him being world class. But I reckon we won't be hearing much of Puel's name around here any more. We appear to have a competent manager in RaHa and one which might, just might, unite the fanbase.

Dreaming?

I get the impression those who go on about how awful Puel was only do so when somebody pipes up and says something about him being world class. But I reckon we won't be hearing much of Puel's name around here any more. We appear to have a competent manager in RaHa and one which might, just might, unite the fanbase.

Dreaming?

Let's hope so. It seems like an awesome appointment. Fingers and everything else crossed! Blackmore was saying that we talked to four people about RaHa and they all said we had no chance of getting him!

Sign at least one competent CB in January. If we can only do one thing to improve our situation, that would be it.

Not one of our current CBs would be a regular starter at any other PL club.

I thought Stephens was good today.

Assume the manager's first job will be to work out whether any of the 5/6 centre backs can be made into a complimentary pairing.

I thought Stephens was good today.

Assume the manager's first job will be to work out whether any of the 5/6 centre backs can be made into a complimentary pairing.

He was the best of a bad bunch tonight, but he is still a long way from being at the level we need if we want to get back to being a top half club.

He was the best of a bad bunch tonight, but he is still a long way from being at the level we need if we want to get back to being a top half club.

I thought he played well at the weekend too.

I think there's a decent centre back in there. He's still very inexperienced for a centre half but reads the game quite well. With the right manager and a settled defensive partner he could develop quite quickly.