Saints vs Arsenal - Build up

SuperSAINT

A) Arsenal play their strongest team for some fun / target practice / improve their goal difference...we play like we did today 0-6

B) Arsenal play their B team expecting a stroll, HH works his magic in a week, players show up and gel...2-0 shock win for Saints breaking /Arsenal's run

or...

C) We play well...hit the underside of the bar three times...two blatant penalties denied...a winner at the death denied for a wrong-call offside...Arsenal breakaway and score in the third minute of extra time ...0-1

You just know it's not B)

Expecting a loss, we all know this ship is going to take time to turn but I am hoping for a better performance, more energy, intensity and sharpishness.

This month is a steep learning curve for Ralph, we need to hit the ground running in 2019.

A draw would be great and a win would be amazing.

My starting XI:

McCarthy

Soares bednarek Stephens Bertrand

Romeu

hojberg lemina

Armstrong Redmond

Obafemi

Obviously depends on obafemi being fit. Otherwise start with Gabbi on the basis that Austin can't run for more than 20 mins as evidenced by yesterday's performance.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

No disrespect to Obafemi (or Valery) but I would be concerned about playing them in an important Championship game as they are, frankly, not up to the required standard at the moment.

That said it puts our lack of suitable striking options into sharp focus and also the lack of management foresight in not signing cover at Right back when the services of Pied were dispensed with, even though he was barely adequate for the Prem.

Stephens & Bednarek at centre back pls.

Also like to see Davis in for Romeu.

Ideally Obafemi is fit with Austin back to being a 20 minute sub man.

I agree with your first and third points, but Davis in for Romeu? What have you been smoking?

Romeu was our second best player yesterday (behind Lemina), and Davis has never shown any evidence of being able to play that role. It would be suicide to play him there against Arsenal.

I agree with your first and third points, but Davis in for Romeu? What have you been smoking?

Romeu was our second best player yesterday (behind Lemina), and Davis has never shown any evidence of being able to play that role. It would be suicide to play him there against Arsenal.

Romeu was not our second best player yesterday and Davis played excellently in the deep role against spurs.

Strange how Bertrand and ings were close to being fit just before Hughes got sacked but not heard updates on them since really. Is Bertrand really injured? Hughes said he had anxiety over back condition which sounded abit odd to me. We need both back as targett and Austin are woeful.

No schedule on Obafemi injury either.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Strange how Bertrand and ings were close to being fit just before Hughes got sacked but not heard updates on them since really. Is Bertrand really injured? Hughes said he had anxiety over back condition which sounded abit odd to me. We need both back as targett and Austin are woeful.

No schedule on Obafemi injury either.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

From what I've read I suspect we won't see Bertrand back. Part of the problem, not the solution. No great loss, has been very poor this season and last.

Mad if anyone doesn’t want Bertrand back to be honest, head and shoulders above every other defender in the team. Their defence will be completely makeshift, if we can get Bertrand and one of our injured strikers back I feel we’re in a game.

From what I've read I suspect we won't see Bertrand back. Part of the problem, not the solution. No great loss, has been very poor this season and last.
So what have you read? Are you a troll? Sorry to ask but one line posts laden with innuendo and biased opinion always make me think that you are on the inside of the club or simply on a wind up.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Anyone who wouldn’t want Bertrand over Targett after witnessing the Cardiff game needs stronger meds.

Bertie and Redmond at least look like they’ve got some idea of how to work together to get dangerous balls into the box.

This all the way. Bertie and Redmond work well together, and they provide some great width. I am hoping for

McCarthy

Cedric Stephens Bednarek Bertrand

Romeu PEH

Armstrong Lemina Redmond

Long (Gabbi if Long injured)

And please Ralph, push the team up the pitch, allow them to press, and encourage the likes of Armstrong, Lemina and Redmond to push forward at every opportunity. It would be great to take the game to the opposition for a change!

Romeu was not our second best player yesterday and Davis played excellently in the deep role against spurs.

Davis did play quite well v Spurs but Romeu was good v Cardiff - I'd be surprised if he isn't in RH's plans, with Lemina pushed further forward in that PEH, Romeu, Lemina midfield.

Players already got the hump with the new training regime apparently. Being made to train at the same time as the game. So 4pm kick off the players are training at 4pm for that week. Not going down well at all.

Good. The buggers need a shake up, and RH will sort them our although I can see a few dropping of as he decribes between now and the opening of the transfer window.

Get the impression one or two may bring in letters from their mums (or agents more likely) with reasons why they should be excused from extra training.

Players already got the hump with the new training regime apparently. Being made to train at the same time as the game. So 4pm kick off the players are training at 4pm for that week. Not going down well at all.

Unreal. Must be hard to work for a few hours a day, kicking a ball

Partly their fault they are having to do so