Bombey 0 v 0 Saints match + reaction thread

Shroppie

Realistic. We had a purple spell but I could see the foundations were built on sand and warned everyone of the breathtaking complacency at the club. I was lambasted and vilified for my views, but now the wolf is at the door we better hope the straw house does not blow down.

Your negative language doesn’t match your positive prediction! If the foundation is built on sand, why do you think we will do so well this season?

Your negative language doesn’t match your positive prediction! If the foundation is built on sand, why do you think we will do so well this season?

I was referring to 3 or 4 years ago when people were arguing we were a solid top 8 club and giving the impression that the only way was up. The trouble is, I was so far ahead of the curve that it was difficult to argue my case as you had to look very carefully to see the evidence and signals of a trend downwards. Only a few other posters were as astute as myself and they were also drowned out.

I was referring to 3 or 4 years ago when people were arguing we were a solid top 8 club and giving the impression that the only way was up. The trouble is, I was so far ahead of the curve that it was difficult to argue my case as you had to look very carefully to see the evidence and signals of a trend downwards. Only a few other posters were as astute as myself and they were also drowned out.

:lol:

It’s a bit sad when a point away to Bournemouth is considered a good result. I’m not saying it isn’t by the way. Just shows how far we have fallen.

Hughes seems to set his teams up to stop others playing and not set teams up to win games.

this type of thing is why saints fans have become disliked for their arrogance. Bournemouth are where they are because they are a decent team. We used to get all precious when other clubs fans used to say similar things about us when we were doing well.

this type of thing is why saints fans have become disliked for their arrogance. Bournemouth are where they are because they are a decent team. We used to get all precious when other clubs fans used to say similar things about us when we were doing well.

For virtually every year in our mutual existences, we have been a better team than Bournemouth. There's nothing arrogant at all about observing that the yardstick of a point at Dean Court is a bit sad.

For virtually every year in our mutual existences, we have been a better team than Bournemouth. There's nothing arrogant at all about observing that the yardstick of a point at Dean Court is a bit sad.

Its a conflation to mix up our historical position with our current position.

You can be both ****ed off that little old Bournemouth are out performing us as a club and happy with a point away from home to a team in form.

This isn't about how far we have fallen its about how far Bournemouth have risen, because for a lot of our time in the top division we have been a bottom half team.

When Tadic was here, we used to have a plenty of chances but no one can convert them into goals. But now we have a lot of professional strikers who if in other teams would have scored a few, but they have no chance. You cannot rely on Redmond and others who prefer shooting off the target than simply passing the ball to the strikers.

There is a stat going around that we have had the most attempts on goal outside of the top 5 ..... so it seems we are creating chances, but obviously not clear cut enough that even me or you could scramable it in with our backsides!!

A problem for me is playing Redmond on the left wing. He simply cannot cross with his left foot and it is so telegraphic that he will cut inside to get onto his rightfoot that defenders don't commit to blocking a possible cross!!

This was very evident a couple of times on Saturday.

There is a stat going around that we have had the most attempts on goal outside of the top 5 ..... so it seems we are creating chances, but obviously not clear cut enough that even me or you could scramable it in with our backsides!!

A problem for me is playing Redmond on the left wing. He simply cannot cross with his left foot and it is so telegraphic that he will cut inside to get onto his rightfoot that defenders don't commit to blocking a possible cross!!

This was very evident a couple of times on Saturday.

******** to that, I’d have ****mg buried that chance Armstrong had.

******** to that, I’d have ****mg buried that chance Armstrong had.
It wasn't that easy. It came to him chest high so he had to bring it down, which he did well, but the keeper was on him very fast.

Charlie's one on one was easier and he should have toe-poked a shot rather than taking it away from the keeper.

Gabbiadini's was perhaps the worst miss but if you look you can see that it was just far enough behind him to stop him heading it down.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Not if that team is doing well and better than your side at the time. Ive seen loads of teams who are perceived to be lesser than us in status and do better. I was delighted at times to get a point at Wigan or Huddersfield and many others.

Play the teams position in the league and how good they are not historic superiority

Not if that team is doing well and better than your side at the time. Ive seen loads of teams who are perceived to be lesser than us in status and do better. I was delighted at times to get a point at Wigan or Huddersfield and many others.

Play the teams position in the league and how good they are not historic superiority

Ok, well I'll tell you that their position is false and they are a pretty nondescript top-flight side.

They will finish somewhere between 11th and 16th I expect. So whilst a point is OK, they are exactly the sort of team you can realistically look to beat away from home and holding the point up as anything other than "meh" is just settling for mediocrity.

Ok, well I'll tell you that their position is false and they are a pretty nondescript top-flight side.

They will finish somewhere between 11th and 16th I expect. So whilst a point is OK, they are exactly the sort of team you can realistically look to beat away from home and holding the point up as anything other than "meh" is just settling for mediocrity.

I've got them down as this seasons one hit wonders there is always one side that starts well and just builds on the confidence of a good start. Wouldn't be surprised if they get a European spot this season followed by crashing and burning next.