Summer Transfer Window 2019

Heisenberg

James, Bowen, Maupay, Wakins and Adams are all a step in the right direction in regards to transfer policy I think, would be nice to get a couple of them in.

Swansea supporting colleague was also telling me about their CB Joe Rodon, 6'4" with a bit of flair on the ground rather than just a lump.

Positive in terms of the profile of player we are targetting. I read earlier this week that Everton also want Adams. If that is the case then it will be nigh on impossible to get him, but their interest may not materialise.

The two big difficulties will be:

1. Getting rid of our deadwood: Forster, Long, Austin, Carillo, Hoedt, Boufal, Clasie, Targett, McQueen etc

2. Having the same chumps negotiating with other clubs as we had in our last few failed transfer windows.

Positive in terms of the profile of player we are targetting. I read earlier this week that Everton also want Adams. If that is the case then it will be nigh on impossible to get him, but their interest may not materialise.

1. Getting rid of our deadwood: Forster, Long, Austin, Carillo, Hoedt, Boufal, Clasie, Targett, McQueen etc

2. Having the same chumps negotiating with other clubs as we had in our last few failed transfer windows.

Why?

Why?
Because pretty much anyone would pick Everton ahead of Saints. See Theo Walcott & Ronald Koeman fpr recent examples.

Big investment, top half finishes even after poor seasons, new stadium on the way and ultimately: will pay bigger wages.

More or less the same reason Walcott chose them over us pal.

Depends really. Everton’s owners have chucked an absolute boatload of cash at that squad and achieved bugger all, they now just have the highest wage bill in the fight for 7th. They might decide they’ve spent enough and want to tighten the wage bill a bit, which puts us back on a level playing field.

Why?

it would not be 'nigh on impossible', but they could certainly pay more than we would be willing to- after all their record signing is in the £45m mark for Sigurdsson, and they paid £44m for Richarlison last season too. Ours will likely remain at £19m for the foreseeable future, and that is not a criticism for me tbh.

Again, wages too- they must have a couple of players on a 100k per week, I don't think we have broken that barrier, so yeah they could offer a hefty wage- although I remember reading in January how that Moshiri bloke doesn't have as much money as assumed

OR- maybe he will just be attracted by the dugouts :D

Because pretty much anyone would pick Everton ahead of Saints. See Theo Walcott & Ronald Koeman fpr recent examples.

Big investment, top half finishes even after poor seasons, new stadium on the way and ultimately: will pay bigger wages.

Not worked out too well for the first, bit part player now and Koeman was a disaster but not a player so not really relevant.

Might depend on if the player is just a money grabber or wants to play regular.

Everton have splashed a hell of a lot of money and are not really any better than you would expect are they.... overrated tbh

and two 40 million pound players who aren't all that is not good investment is it?

Lets not forget Bolasie for 30 mill too... fools and their money up there

Not worked out too well for the first, bit part player now and Koeman was a disaster but not a player so not really relevant.

Might depend on if the player is just a money grabber or wants to play regular.

Everton have splashed a hell of a lot of money and are not really any better than you would expect are they.... overrated tbh

and two 40 million pound players who aren't all that is not good investment is it?

Lets not forget Bolasie for 30 mill too... fools and their money up there

I doubt Adams would consider how much Everton paid for Bolasie when deciding whether to move there.

Ultimately they have had two poor seasons resulting in top 10 finishes whilst we have been nearly relegated twice.

That, plus higher wages on offer would make it hard to justify joining Saints over Everton (should that be the choice he has).

Depends really. Everton’s owners have chucked an absolute boatload of cash at that squad and achieved bugger all, they now just have the highest wage bill in the fight for 7th. They might decide they’ve spent enough and want to tighten the wage bill a bit, which puts us back on a level playing field.

While our overall wage bill is pretty generous as a result of loading up on mediocrity, pay ranges are quite narrow which limits our ability to go after players in demand. There are rumours that this will change but I'll believe when I see it.

We're certainly a more attractive proposition than we were under Pellegrino but players will need more proof than a mini-revival over half a season to accept that we've turned a corner and we're good for players career progression again. Even then Everton continue to benefit from a certain cachet, however mystifying it is to the rest of us.

I doubt Adams would consider how much Everton paid for Bolasie when deciding whether to move there.

Ultimately they have had two poor seasons resulting in top 10 finishes whilst we have been nearly relegated twice.

That, plus higher wages on offer would make it hard to justify joining Saints over Everton (should that be the choice he has).

Will he make the choice of where he is most likely to play or go where the pay is biggest, who knows?

but it certainly isn't "near impossible" he would join us is it.

They have thrown money at a futile attempt to crash the top six, it wont happen but swoon over them if you like

To do list:

- Stay up

- Keep Ralph H

- Sell well

- Buy well

Cost of season tickets. Style of strip. Pre match entertainment. Location of pre season. Owner. Players. Weather. Still plenty of things for them to ***** and moan about.
I'd say you would be pretty justified to moan about the owner and many of the players over the last few years.

While our overall wage bill is pretty generous as a result of loading up on mediocrity, pay ranges are quite narrow which limits our ability to go after players in demand. There are rumours that this will change but I'll believe when I see it.

We're certainly a more attractive proposition than we were under Pellegrino but players will need more proof than a mini-revival over half a season to accept that we've turned a corner and we're good for players career progression again. Even then Everton continue to benefit from a certain cachet, however mystifying it is to the rest of us.

I certainly hope that first sentence is correct.

Money will always talk and to that extent we can pretty much outspend anyone in Europe, outside the Champions League clubs. We managed to attract some pretty highly rated players last summer, despite barely avoiding the drop. If we can finish 7th or 8th for the second half of this season and offload 5 or 6 mediocre players, we should be able to attract 2/3 pretty good ones.

Cost of season tickets. Style of strip. Pre match entertainment. Location of pre season. Owner. Players. Weather. Still plenty of things for them to ***** and moan about.

Crap beer.. Not that I ever have any these days, I get my pre-match sedatives in early.. :-)

We all know all our problems would be over if we moved away fans into the corner.

Re; The Lallana rumours that surfaced about a month ago. What's the most you'd consider spending on Lallana's transfer fee? Hypothetically.

A 31 year old on big wages, who's already burned most of his bridges with the fans. Literally nothing, if he was on the wage bill now I'd be trying to offload him in the summer.

Re; The Lallana rumours that surfaced about a month ago. What's the most you'd consider spending on Lallana's transfer fee? Hypothetically.

he doesnt fit what ralph says he is looking for in terms of age. That said he was great under poch, undertands pressing well and has great quality. If he came here for a sensible price id have to be in the camp of be cold to him to start but willing to warm up. Pathetic itmay be and i hate myself for typing it! A couple of years out of him (if he could stay fit) would really help us move forward while ralph brings through some younger attacking talent at the same time. Cost wise anything between 8-12 and its a really good deal. No idea though really given age, injuries and the mental transfer market - one year on his contract and needing a move possibly. Ive no idea really- juts more interesting than writing how much i hate him!

There's a whole new dimension to the window compared with the last two years.

The emphasis is less on how good we think players are right now, and more on what we think Ralph can make of them. He's transformed half our squad already.

Real quality players have become unaffordable for a club of our size - and very risky, judging by our buys over the last two years. Buying potential and letting Ralph develop them is likely to be much cheaper and much more effective.

I'm ready for some guys I've never heard of.

Would give Carillo, Boufal, Elyonoussi, Hesketh and Reed a go at the start of next season. Maby not starting but in the squad.

A new good CD.

And a good Striker is enough for me this summer.

Reed, Ramsey or Yoshida can replace Valery if he can't play.

Sell Gallagher, Austin, Stephens, Forster, Clasie, Hoedt and McQueen or Targett.

Goal

Gunn, McCarthy, u23

RB

Valery, Reed

CD

New, Vestergard, Bednarek, Yoshida

LB

Bertrand, Targett or McQueen

DM

Romeu, Höjbjerg, Lemina, Reed

OM/RW/LW

Redmond, Sims, JWP, Elyonoussi, Armstrong, Hesketh, Boufal

ST

New, Ings, Long, Carillo

Would give Carillo, Boufal, Elyonoussi, Hesketh and Reed a go at the start of next season. Maby not starting but in the squad.

I can sort of see why people think Boufal might produce something under Ralph, even if I disagree personally. The rest of those players though have shown absolutely no sign of anything close to being a Premier League footballer. The last two aren't even youth players any more, Hesketh is 23 and come next season Reed will be nearly 25.

West Ham being linked with Jean-Kevin Augustin. He’s been an unused dub recently so his value must have dropped. I’d say if we can match any other bid, the lure of working with RH could make it a goer. That’s if Ralph still wants him.

http://https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/report-claims-west-ham-could-rekindle-january-interest-in-rb-leipzig-striker-jean-kevin-augustin/amp/

West Ham being linked with Jean-Kevin Augustin. He’s been an unused dub recently so his value must have dropped. I’d say if we can match any other bid, the lure of working with RH could make it a goer. That’s if Ralph still wants him.

http://https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/report-claims-west-ham-could-rekindle-january-interest-in-rb-leipzig-striker-jean-kevin-augustin/amp/

Thought they were in for Mitrovic