Sofiane Boufal

Matthew Le God

He gets both an easier time and a hard time, because he's a flair player. They're rare and in this country, we like to coach it out of players... Make them into boring, zero personality, physical hard working machines. God forbid a player with a bit of attitude and skill comes along. Boufal has had ****e managers. An inexperienced one and a dinosaur. He needs a manager who gives him an idea of team play, puts an arm around him and let's him do his thing. Oh we have that now... There's also obsession with comparing players to others and that every player has to be in the first 11. Having a weapon like boufal either on the bench or starting...doesnt matter as long as he performs well when he does.

Other flair players who weren't allowed to express themselves....

Gaston

Guly

Redmond

Osvaldo (bit of a nutter granted)

Great post agree. Also strongly believe it’s having that continuous run in the team starting for many of the players, Gaston and Osvaldo we’re here at the time we had lambert j-rod Lallana front three which certainly didn’t help their cause.. boufals last season he was in and out of the side along with redmond and neither done particularly great similar kind of stats

Looking at last year redmond has 6 goals four assists in 38 games in the league which he was pretty much starting every game, this isn’t that great would boufal really not match that in 38 starts himself ?

He gets both an easier time and a hard time, because he's a flair player. They're rare and in this country, we like to coach it out of players... Make them into boring, zero personality, physical hard working machines. God forbid a player with a bit of attitude and skill comes along. Boufal has had ****e managers. An inexperienced one and a dinosaur. He needs a manager who gives him an idea of team play, puts an arm around him and let's him do his thing. Oh we have that now... There's also obsession with comparing players to others and that every player has to be in the first 11. Having a weapon like boufal either on the bench or starting...doesnt matter as long as he performs well when he does.

Other flair players who weren't allowed to express themselves....

Gaston

Guly

Redmond

Osvaldo (bit of a nutter granted)

I imagine Jose Fonte felt Dani Osvaldo expressed himself very clearly... :D

All this waffle because of a couple of pictures. He's off if and he and Saints get suitable offer. Shame really because he's clearly a talent.

Nope. Lemina and Austin are off, where are their pictures? Ralph wants Boufal in and around the team and he won't be leaving I reckon. Think he'll have a decent season too. 7 goals, 3 assists.

i predict 10 goals and 7 assists

I love this time of year, I'm optimistic about everything :D

But in all seriousness, fast transitions from the back and his ability to beat the entire team could be ridiculous if he stops doing his worldy shots and looks up for a pass or goal (not from 30yrds like normal)

i predict 10 goals and 7 assists

I love this time of year, I'm optimistic about everything :D

But in all seriousness, fast transitions from the back and his ability to beat the entire team could be ridiculous if he stops doing his worldy shots and looks up for a pass or goal (not from 30yrds like normal)

Who for? ;)

The thing I love about Boufal is his ability to beat a player literally without running. He always seems to be able to jink past 1 player without even trying.

Nope. Lemina and Austin are off, where are their pictures? Ralph wants Boufal in and around the team and he won't be leaving I reckon. Think he'll have a decent season too. 7 goals, 3 assists.

No. Those two have clearly ****ed Ralph off somehow and have been frozen out. Do you think they are the only ones for sale? There's alot of players in pictures and involved in training that if they get a suitable offer would be gone not just those two.

That's the way I see it too. Body language from Dublin suggests Ralph quite likes the player and what he does and he also seems very popular. I suppose it very much depends upon the lad himself and whether he is prepared to give it another go with Saints in the PL. Obviously he is fresh back from AfCON and has a bit of fitness training to catch up on as you can see in the pics that may be hard for him.

In a 4-2-2-2 he would be an ideal partner for Redmond in the mid-attack twosome feeding Ings / Adams or Long / Djenepo. Sounds bloody exciting to me and would terrorise more than a few shaky PL defences - did somebody mention Arsenal, ManU & Liverpool?

That's the way I see it too. Body language from Dublin suggests Ralph quite likes the player and what he does and he also seems very popular. I suppose it very much depends upon the lad himself and whether he is prepared to give it another go with Saints in the PL. Obviously he is fresh back from AfCON and has a bit of fitness training to catch up on as you can see in the pics that may be hard for him.

In a 4-2-2-2 he would be an ideal partner for Redmond in the mid-attack twosome feeding Ings / Adams or Long / Djenepo. Sounds bloody exciting to me and would terrorise more than a few shaky PL defences - did somebody mention Arsenal, ManU & Liverpool?

Apart from the fact that Djenepo plays as an attacking mid as well, not as a striker. Useful to have some quality on that position again, though, rather than relying Redmond and JWP to consistently produce results. I think we really need four good players for those two positions, which we now have. That does mean that Armstrong, Sims and Moi are unlikely to get much game time, though.

No. Those two have clearly ****ed Ralph off somehow and have been frozen out. Do you think they are the only ones for sale? There's alot of players in pictures and involved in training that if they get a suitable offer would be gone not just those two.

True and I'm not much of a reader into too much detail from club photographs usually. However it's clear Boufal is being hyped up by the media team and you can see from videos and photos and Ralph likes Boufal. So seems he's sticking around, which is good as he has a lot of talent and RH is a cracking man manager.

Haha! You've just named most of the best players in world football...2 of which we were lucky to have a saints.

My point is that as soon as a flair player has a dip in form or maybe a few things don't come off on a match day, fans are quick to get on their backs. Players like Boufal are entertainers. They are few and far between now. To have a player like that, at our level, can be a great thing... With a manager like RH at the helm.

Redmond wasn't allowed to express himself - just ask him or Pep.

Tadic lost confidence because of it.

Boufal did.

I stand by my point.

Pahars was on his list. I liked Pahars but one of the best players in world football is stretching it a bit.

I know it’s a friendly, but I kept a close eye on Boufal. And yes he gave the ball away (so did most our midfield) but he DID track, his first touch 95 percent of the time was so good it either drew a foul or he beat the man, and his goal was very well taken. For me, he brings something different than Redmond, JWP, ings, Adams and Djenppo. Yes he is frustrating, but he is one of those player who could be missing for 85 minutes and then score a worldie. We need a player like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it’s a friendly, but I kept a close eye on Boufal. And yes he gave the ball away (so did most our midfield) but he DID track, his first touch 95 percent of the time was so good it either drew a foul or he beat the man, and his goal was very well taken. For me, he brings something different than Redmond, JWP, ings, Adams and Djenppo. Yes he is frustrating, but he is one of those player who could be missing for 85 minutes and then score a worldie. We need a player like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did exactly the same and I agree.

He's always tracked back tbf. Very good at getting the ball back when he does it too.

Was always good defensively, easily the best out of the three AMs we had at the time (Redmond and Tadic). It's going the other way that has been the issue, not his individual skills, but his ability to make things for his teammates after opening up a defence. Also often his defensive abilities are often brought to the fore because he has given the ball away.

Was always good defensively, easily the best out of the three AMs we had at the time (Redmond and Tadic). It's going the other way that has been the issue, not his individual skills, but his ability to make things for his teammates after opening up a defence. Also often his defensive abilities are often brought to the fore because he has given the ball away.

Selling him off without even taking a look at him would have been criminal especially at 9m.

Glad we are trying him out in training and friendlies. Ralph will have a say in the end.

2 awful managers who failed to manage him. I trust Ralph can keep him on the right track.

Failed to manage him or he failed/refused to do as they asked him to. Managers (incompetent or not) are managers and players should do as they’re asked.

It’s not up to players to decide how/where they’re deployed. They should shut the **** up and get on with it.

In RH we trust, so let’s hope it works out for all concerned.

Is there any actual evidence with regards to this bad attitude he's reported to have??

widely reported that he refused to warm up during the game against Chelsea. Hughes went spare after the game and made him train with the kids.

widely reported that he refused to warm up during the game against Chelsea. Hughes went spare after the game and made him train with the kids.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/apr/26/sofiane-boufal-southampton-mark-hughes-bust-up

I can understand his frustration though not ok. Sounded like he apologised and it was sorted out pretty much straight away.

It's potentially a fresh start for him, a last chance saloon probably. Hopefully he can step up and be a good player for us this season/

I fear we might have to sell him if an offer comes in as we need to raise some cash and get the wage bill down.

Can blame Carrillo, Lemina and Austin if we do as they offer our club nothing.

Why is it their fault? it is the clubs'/Les Reed's fault!

Some times with the passing of time I wonder whether Pahars was as good as I remember him being - he was brilliant for us.

On topic, I really hope Boufal stays and takes his opportunity - he's a great player to watch and Ralph can certainly iron out some flaws.

I’ve scanned the pages but not seen this mentioned. On pretty much every social media post, especially on o stagram Boufal is heavily featured, as in the main picture or main focus of activities.

I think this is the plan to get him back on the side of the saints fans and that he is very much in Ralph’s plans!

Ings hasn’t looked sharp through whole pre season. I haven’t seen every single minute mind but I would love to know what Liverpool had him doing because when he came here, he was sharp, dynamic and looking a real threat throughout the initial few games.

I’m inclined to play Adams through middle and Boufal and Redmond either side for now

Or do the correct thing and drop Ings - Redmond, Boufal and Adams down the middle

I was being a bit harsh on Nathan but he had a stinker yesterday and he should not expect his starting place to be unchallenged. Boufal can provide that stimulus so for Sianyt it's a win-win situation but actually I like your suggestion better Nathan on the right, Sofiane on the left and Adams.

Ings has a lot to prove still, his price tag almost guarantees hi a start but he lumbered through yesterday's friendly and never looked involved or threatening. Hi penalties are a flipping' embarrassment, how many has he missed in pre-season. Being a cocky bastard is not being very responsible to the team and Hoj should be having an expletive word or two in his ear.