Pompey vs Saints - Sold Out

Saint_lambden

Bit before my time mate I did have a quick goggle search for 1970s football and got this image reckon you got the legs to pull it off?

Why yes! Actually, judging by my team those aren't footballers. You can tell by the knees.. Particularly with occasionally playing on 3/4G pitches.

any expectations as to what this bracket this will get down to? currently sitting on 8 aways as Sheffield doesn't count :(

You will absolutely 100% get a ticket with 8. Me on the other hand only has 2 on file (go with work quite a bit) so I’ve got no chance. So on that note, if you qualify and you’re not going....I’m willing to make a very generous offer [emoji6]

Bloody hell, if the unthinkable happens you better call the Samaritans if you feel that strongly :o

How can you not feel that strongly? It’s the first game against them in 7 years and we haven’t won at theirs since 84 (if you don’t count Alan Knight’s testimonial).

This game is everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if I'll be able to bring in sandwiches wrapped in foil?

Brave man if your prepared to eat food at Fratton. I imagine the shear amount of airborne bacteria would make eating sarnies an immediate case of Gastroenteritis..

He will be fine if he has Cheese and Marmite with the crusts cut off.

:lol:

Looks like it won't be reaching season ticket holders then seeing as they've not even released a date for that criteria yet, so back to the question of which pub in Southampton will be the best with a big screen?

I think already mentioned but the London Road Brewhouse is very decent. Also worth noting they are putting the game on at the stadium should you wish to go there: https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2019-09-06/portsmouth-screenings-at-st-marys :)

I think already mentioned but the London Road Brewhouse is very decent. Also worth noting they are putting the game on at the stadium should you wish to go there: https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2019-09-06/portsmouth-screenings-at-st-marys :)

Did notice that! Not sure a seated atmosphere within the stadium will provide the best atmosphere though. Will have a look at the other one you mentioned, thanks!

It’s shiete this season, plastic glasses.

How can you not feel that strongly? It’s the first game against them in 7 years and we haven’t won at theirs since 84 (if you don’t count Alan Knight’s testimonial).

This game is everything.

To be honest, i couldnt give two ****s as ive got older. They live down the road. whoopy ****

It's the land that time forgot. Every time I have the misfortune to go down there it just confirms every feeling I had when I was younger.

But each to their own.

Maybe thats my problem. I cant remember the last time i even met anyone from Pompey, let alone visit the place.

A small part of me does think it would be funny if the away end was half empty and we put out the reserves. I know it wont happen but nothing would hurt more than if we just weren't actually bothered about them any more.

No it wouldn’t. They would take the **** for years if we couldn’t sell 2000 tickets to a derby.

Won't happen. The trains from Soton will be delayed and held to arrive at the last minute and they'll be too busy for anyone to get on in any Skate neighbourhoods.

If you want to mix with Skates you'll have to get there early in the day and be a bit sly about it.

I’m getting 1825 from eastleigh 44 minutes direct arrives 1909 it the commute train from Waterloo so they can’t hold that one up

I’m getting 1825 from eastleigh 44 minutes direct arrives 1909 it the commute train from Waterloo so they can’t hold that one up

That is a good shout, we are going to drink in the Wagon Works outside the station 1st, there is a another train 15mins later that gets to fratton 19.30, may even jump on that one. Less chance of getting bottled up by plod.

No scarfers

No face painters or silly hats

No fatties in replica kits, in fact no replica kits & no fatties

Don’t sing F/Off Pompey, Pompey F/Off, as some idiots will mistake it for their support being loud

Don’t spend any money in the ground

Don’t make us look like utter mongs on TV

Don’t reduce us to their level

Drink plenty of alcohol before but don’t get paralytic

Be loud & passionate

Excellent!

Really interested to see how they’re going to organise the trains. Fratton Station is a dump at the best of times. They’ve said they’ll be no special trains so I can’t see them holding all the commuters up to make us all arrive together.

That is a good shout, we are going to drink in the Wagon Works outside the station 1st, there is a another train 15mins later that gets to fratton 19.30, may even jump on that one. Less chance of getting bottled up by plod.

You won’t be in the ground in time for ko if you leave it that late

Really interested to see how they’re going to organise the trains. Fratton Station is a dump at the best of times. They’ve said they’ll be no special trains so I can’t see them holding all the commuters up to make us all arrive together.

The trains are always rammed around that time anyway, sounds like it’s gonna be a right mess.

The trains are always rammed around that time anyway, sounds like it’s gonna be a right mess.

Probably best to book some time off work and spend the afternoon on the island. I believe they have a beach, a pier and funfair, an aquarium and some old boats. That should kill a few hours and then a leisurely stroll to the match. Simple, what could go wrong?

I miss the old days where a big cup game would see early morning queues stretching out of the Dell car park down Milton Road, all added to the excitement.

Game against the Skates at ours in 96 i queued in the freezing bloody cold, by the time we got our tickets i couldn't feel my feet, but it didn't matter as we got them in the Archers so was worth the pain.

Ticket bought. [emoji106][emoji3]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Same

I miss the old days where a big cup game would see early morning queues stretching out of the Dell car park down Milton Road, all added to the excitement.

That just made me think about the queues for home league games when the capacity was 15,500, stood on the pavement half way down the Milton Road stand for over an hour, and a steward coming along counting folks, then getting to half a dozen folks behind you and then saying "I can't guarantee you will get a ticket"!!!

Surprised we could pick our seats for this, thought it would just be get what you’re given. Anyway, ticket purchased. Block behind the goal nearly sold out already.

No one will stand in their allocated seats though, just going to be a case of pilling in when you get there as it has been every other time.

No one will stand in their allocated seats though, just going to be a case of pilling in when you get there as it has been every other time.

True. I hope so anyway as there’s about 10 of us all eligible to buy tickets at different times.