Coronavirus Discussion Thread

manina-pub

Yep, muppets galore out there. Use Polish supermarkets as the Poles aren't divs and don't strip the shelves. And the doughnuts are good.

Neither are the local butchers, fishmongers and greengrocers. You might pay a bit more but it's all locally sourced and plenty of it. PLus you'll be supporting local businesses which is what we should all be doing anyway.

Neither are the local butchers, fishmongers and greengrocers. You might pay a bit more but it's all locally sourced and plenty of it. PLus you'll be supporting local businesses which is what we should all be doing anyway.

Agree with this totally. I nipped to the local shops earlier; all was perfectly normal and not full of simpletons

The butchers actually delivered a load of chicken and steaks to me earlier. Legends.

Would be good if this marked a longer-term trend for people appreciating their local shops and suppliers a bit more - true food to fork

The only issue might be if some of the key local suppliers in the chain have to close and isolate - in the SW, the fish markets especially the likes of a Brixham and Newlyn are key. The former is one of the biggest catches in the UK

The butchers actually delivered a load of chicken and steaks to me earlier. Legends.

Although supply for butchers locally can’t keep up with the soaring demand on the other hand. At least this has happened coming into spring with local produce coming on stream soon

Why do they put up Boris everyday ? No sensible person would believe anything he says even (by chance) it was true . Reference ; leave campaign and the last get it done election campaign.

The BBC is just about a worldwide respected provider of News despite the World Service funding being transfered from the Foreign Office and now the over 75 s concession being transfered from the Social Services budget also to the BBC.Around the world the BBC is respected but all independant news services are being undermined by dictators and elected dictatorships .

Well thats got that off my chest !!!!!!!

No wonder you are in a football forum! You plainly have bugger all to say of any value....?

?

Spot on Del. If ever there was a time to support the independent businesses its now.

Does anyone else feel compelled to google every time someone posts from a phone they havent heard of?

Probs just me.....:(

Sadly you're not alone. The boredom will have us googling bar codes soon.

What an odd thing to get annoyed about. I couldn't give a sh*t if some millionaire footballer wants to lighten their predicament slightly by larking around in isolation. That's a bizarre sense of behaviour policing as if you'd be happier if they filmed themselves crying or looking scared. Good for them they can do what they like as far as I'm concerned as long as they aren't breaking self isolation or putting other people in danger.

On reflection it probably is odd but just rangled me for some reason.

Does anyone else feel compelled to google every time someone posts from a phone they havent heard of?

Probs just me.....:(

New phone to me. Way cheaper than premium brands and very good. Really pleased with it. Only the 6T - last year's model, but great. 7 has been around for a bit and 8 just being released.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

On reflection it probably is odd but just rangled me for some reason.

To be fair footballers have gone from doing more exercise and spending more time outdoors in a week than most do in a year.

On top of that they're in the privileged position of having no money worries, and a job that's going to wait for them. This also means that they don't need to leave the house, so the vast majority aren't because of the restrictions.

Obviously these are very different problems and far less worrying for them than most have, but everyone and everything is being affected in some way by this, I'm not surprised a few are having to find ways to fill that gap.

Boris can fix it in 12 weeks , say Daily Mail , Express etc . Er I think he suggested it might peak in 12 weeks if everyone stopped going down the pub etc.

Now the supermarkets have run out the “locusts” have stripped the local shop ............

He actually said we could "get on top of it" in 12 weeks and then when asked what he meant by that he didn't answer.

Bloke is an utter clown and is bored of it already.

Boris can fix it in 12 weeks , say Daily Mail , Express etc . Er I think he suggested it might peak in 12 weeks if everyone stopped going down the pub etc.

Now the supermarkets have run out the “locusts” have stripped the local shop ............

I think we will have 6 months plus before we are even remotely getting past it. Although in London its really quiet but outside people are largely ignoring the social distancing.

As for stocking up for food im unsure why people are surprised. I loaded up on all the non perishable **** like rice, pasta and canned food back in the middle of February as it was blindingly obvious what was going to happen with the shops once the main stream accepted what was happening.

As for my shares they were all sold @ end of January. Looks like it wont be long before i can stat to renter. Easy money.

I think we will have 6 months plus before we are even remotely getting past it. Although in London its really quiet but outside people are largely ignoring the social distancing.

As for stocking up for food im unsure why people are surprised. I loaded up on all the non perishable **** like rice, pasta and canned food back in the middle of February as it was blindingly obvious what was going to happen with the shops once the main stream accepted what was happening.

As for my shares they were all sold @ end of January. Looks like it wont be long before i can stat to renter. Easy money.

Selfish pr!ck

F*ck me, you're priceless.

If I'm poorly with this nasty sh+t, the last thing on my mind will be popping to the kitchen to knock up a nice risotto or bowl of pasta. I'd need just what I and my household need for the fortnight of isolation. No more, no less. Why you felt the need to "load up" I'll never understand but cos of that stance many people can't get what they need for a couple of days, let alone a fortnight.

And as for "easy money", there's people out there losing businesses overnight or taking pay cuts. Have some class ffs.

"I was into Coronavirus before it was famous"

We're just shopping normally, Morrisons yesterday no milk and very little fresh veg, same at local co op this morning. We've got enough to cover us but it's obvious there are a lot of pillocks around. My daughter has a weekly online slot so we can get her to get us anything we need.

We're just shopping normally, Morrisons yesterday no milk and very little fresh veg, same at local co op this morning. We've got enough to cover us but it's obvious there are a lot of pillocks around. My daughter has a weekly online slot so we can get her to get us anything we need.

Don't bet on it my last Asda delivery was missing 30 out of 72 items. Our next one is still a week away (had to book two weeks ago) and stuff was literally being marked up as out of stock 30 seconds after it had gone into the shopping basket god knows how much will actually turn up when it is delivered.

The country has gone ****ing nuts. Just been to our local Co-op to try and pick up some milk and bread it looked like the place had been looted in a riot shelves where pretty much empty. My son tried five different shops this morning trying to source a loaf of bread and a few eggs.

Don't bet on it my last Asda delivery was missing 30 out of 72 items. Our next one is still a week away (had to book two weeks ago) and stuff was literally being marked up as out of stock 30 seconds after it had gone into the shopping basket god knows how much will actually turn up when it is delivered.

The country has gone ****ing nuts. Just been to our local Co-op to try and pick up some milk and bread it looked like the place had been looted in a riot shelves where pretty much empty. My son tried five different shops this morning trying to source a loaf of bread and a few eggs.

Haven’t seen an egg for a while now

"Social distancing measures would need to be in place for up to a year to prevent pressure on the NHS." BBC News

Surely, this means we can forget talk of football being resumed in May/June? Even the start of next season in August must be in doubt.

no mate. we 'must' finish the season to ensure liverpool win the league and hijack the whole COVID 19 thing to make it all about them.

Well according to my phone the government is forcing the closing of all pubs, clubs, restaurants and gyms. It seems asking the British public nicely not to go these places didn't really work (much like asking people politely not to panic buy) rationing will have to be the next step if people don't start behaving properly. Can't see anyway that this football season can be finished in any meaningful time frame about time the footballing authorities stopped kidding themselves..

Haven’t seen an egg for a while now

My missus is saying she's seeing too much of me. The cooking sort though, not for a while. No idea what the hoarders are gonna do with them. I guess bake and freeze?

Should the reason resume at the start of May,which I think is very unlikely, what would be the first fixture? Would it be Norwich away? Or would it be Brighton home - which the website currently says? If the postponed six games are tacked on to the end it could have a significant impact on the outcome of our season. Because suddenly we end the season with City home, Everton away and United away - the ending from hell.

"Social distancing measures would need to be in place for up to a year to prevent pressure on the NHS." BBC News

Surely, this means we can forget talk of football being resumed in May/June? Even the start of next season in August must be in doubt.

Under what circumstances do they finish it behind closed doors (but on TV)?

https://images.app.goo.gl/GNCTQQkiRk3GG6d46

Edited by stknowle

Under what circumstances do they finish it behind closed doors (but on TV)?

Under circumstances in which they can play a match where the players stay at least three metres from each other? If I were a player I would absolutely refuse to go play while this is still going on. Why would they put themselves and their families at risk just for other people's entertainment.

Under circumstances in which they can play a match where the players stay at least three metres from each other? If I were a player I would absolutely refuse to go play while this is still going on. Why would they put themselves and their families at risk just for other people's entertainment.

End of season bonuses will be a big incentive :lol:

I guess once we’re past the peak there is no reason players can’t be tested before the game. It only needs to be the starting 11s plus subs, refs and a few coaching staff. A guy on the radio said they have developed a test that gives results in 2 hours.

Coronavirus: Portsmouth's James Bolton, Andy Cannon and Sean Raggett test positive

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/11961346/coronavirus-portsmouths-james-bolton-andy-cannon-and-sean-raggett-test-positive

It's been a very long time since football was "just for other people's entertainment".