The Sunday Times - Southampton put up for sale at £250m

The Odd Guy

Article is prefaced with the introduction:

When Nicola Cortese took over Southampton Football Club it was worth £12m. Eight years later it was worth about £260m. We spoke to the ex-executive chairman about how he turned the club’s fortunes around.

With that sort of stat, you wonder why he hasn't been recruited back into the game, or perhaps he explains this in the interview.

So has anyone actually heard anything remotely concrete about Gao selling and an interested party?

Jeff besoz is interested and sees dibden waterfront as the next Côte d’Azur.

The bergkamp/koeman group are interested but want to turn Jackson’s farm into a weed farm to ship back to Amsterdam

There is also interest from a uk based consortium who say the potential in club is huge if Brighton and Bournemouth go down as we are the only club south of an imaginary line from London through Birmingham up to Liverpool so therefore have a huge catchment area, no names attached to that bid yet though.

Jeff besoz is interested and sees dibden waterfront as the next Côte d’Azur.

The bergkamp/koeman group are interested but want to turn Jackson’s farm into a weed farm to ship back to Amsterdam

There is also interest from a uk based consortium who say the potential in club is huge if Brighton and Bournemouth go down as we are the only club south of an imaginary line from London through Birmingham up to Liverpool so therefore have a huge catchment area, no names attached to that bid yet though.

Pretty sure I heard that the UK based fella was that bloke who lives in Lyndhurst, previously intrested in Chelsea... Jim Ratcliffe is it?

Pretty sure I heard that the UK based fella was that bloke who lives in Lyndhurst, previously intrested in Chelsea... Jim Ratcliffe is it?

If it was him I doubt it would be leaked. He owns Nice but don’t know if that stops you owning a PL club?

I've got contacts involved in this deal and I am hearing that Denis Bergkamp is only interested because of Jackson's Farm, while Koeman had been badgering the council about structural improvements to Western Esplanade for years and has decided this is the only way to make them really listen.

I'm not sure it's owned by the club these days.

He's been spotted dining with Mr. Dalian Wanda recently.

Would certainly tie in with Glasgow’s recent DM’s...

Iirc, Glasgow has pretty good connections with the club... didn’t he meet one of the execs on a golfing trip in Kenya?

If it was him I doubt it would be leaked. He owns Nice but don’t know if that stops you owning a PL club?

I don’t think it does. Pretty sure rules are that you’re not allowed to own 2 clubs within the same nation (happy to be corrected though)... otherwise RB would have all sorts of issues, especially given Salzburg and Lepzig compete in the same competition..

I'm not sure it's owned by the club these days.
I find it difficult to believe that the club would have let one of the most prized chunks of real estate in the northern hemisphere slip through their fingers.

I find it difficult to believe that the club would have let one of the most prized chunks of real estate in the northern hemisphere slip through their fingers.

#TheLesReedEffect

I have it on good authority the land on Jacksons farm was being disruptive influence around the club and whilst we wanted to keep it it made it clear it wanted to be sold
Once the estate agents get involved putting ideas in their heads it's difficult for arable land like that to remain focused.

Once the estate agents get involved putting ideas in their heads it's difficult for arable land like that to remain focused.

I read an interview where it was reported as 'being flattered to be linked with a Bovis development, but would continue to give 110% to producing this years wheat crop as always'.

I can’t give away too much as I don’t want Old davey fizzy to combust with excitement, but I have heard about hunts farms replacement.

But I will tell you, in true Southampton fashion it’s cheap with loads of potential #unpolisheddiamond

I can’t give away too much as I don’t want Old davey fizzy to combust with excitement, but I have heard about hunts farms replacement.

But I will tell you, in true Southampton fashion it’s cheap with loads of potential #unpolisheddiamond

Oi just wanted to keep up to date with the latest news that was all :) send me a PM if you like

So who is buying us any credible links ?

In the current climate, I'd imagine everyone will be waiting and seeing what happens before actually moving forward with anything like buying a football club.

Jim Davidson’s yacht is in Ocean Village, maybe he’s launching a consortium with Jethro and Bobby Davro

A Charlton fan, a Spurs fan and a Cornish rugby fan. One bunch of comedians for another, sounds about right :p

Although it’ll remain Gao for the foreseeable future, of course.

Jim Davidson’s yacht is in Ocean Village, maybe he’s launching a consortium with Jethro and Bobby Davro

Imagine the post match interviews. Jim Davidson cracking mother in law jokes, Bobby Davro doing Paul Daniels impressions, we can talk on here about how far we've come since having to put up with boring Claude

Imagine the post match interviews. Jim Davidson cracking mother in law jokes, Bobby Davro doing Paul Daniels impressions, we can talk on here about how far we've come since having to put up with boring Claude

Reminiscent of Ralph (Kruger). Just without the accent

All we ask for is to be entertained, win or lose.