Mo Elyounoussi

Daft Kerplunk

I watched Aberdeen v Celtic today. Elyanoussi had a decent game, hand in two goals plus one for himself well taken. His movement in a free role from the left was excellent, he was always looking for space and played some very good forward passes and was always looking for space in the penalty area. His tight control and perception was good. He is a far better footballer than JWP. Celtic are obviously being sensible in playing him in a way that allows him to play to his strengths. He isn't the strongest but did cover when he had to, being used as a playmaker was ideal.

We paid a lot of money for him but just shoehorned him into a poor side expecting him to cope with our system. He didn't so we got nothing out of him which was in retrospect to be expected. I thought like many others that he was lightweight rubbish, I can now say I was wrong. There is a clever footballer in there. He is a better footballer than anybody in our midfield especially the mythical clockwork mouse. We ignored his strengths and tried to make him something he isn't.

Edited by derry

I watched Aberdeen v Celtic today. Elyanoussi had a decent game hand in two goals plus one for himself well taken His movement in a free role from the left was excellent, he was always looking for space and played some very good forward passes and was always looking for space in the penalty area. His tight control and perception was good. He is a far better player than JWP. Celtic are obviously being sensible in playing him in a way that allows him to play to his strengths. He isn't the strongest but did cover when he had to but being used as a playmaker was ideal.

We paid a lot of money for him but just shoehorned him into a poor side expecting him to cope with our system. He didn't so we got nothing out of him which was in retrospect to be expected. I thought like many others that he was lightweight rubbish, I can now say I was wrong. There is a clever footballer in there. He is a better footballer than anybody in our midfield especially the mythical clockwork mouse.

Can you name one positive attribute he showed in a Premier League game? No pace, poor passing, inability to beat a man. He is out of his depth in the Premier League and doing well vs Scottish Premiership teams doesn't mean he is now good enough.

Looking at the guys record overall he's got a very, very good goals and assists to games ratio. I understand it's in mostly lower leagues but the only time he's played in a higher league at no point did he get a run in the team.

Add to the fact that he's on course to win his 5th piece of silverware and his 3rd league title in 3 different countries.

I think there's still a good player there, but whether we'll ever see him do it in this country is unlikely.

Stand by this.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Can you name one positive attribute he showed in a Premier League game? No pace, poor passing, inability to beat a man. He is out of his depth in the Premier League and doing well vs Scottish Premiership teams doesn't mean he is now good enough.

We're talking about Elyonnousi, not Ward-Prowse, mush.

I see he scored again today in a 0 4 routing of Aberdeen. It's almost as if leaving Saints and playing for the one half decent team in a league full of otherwise utterly **** teams has reawakened the real Mo and the completely out of his depth Mo that played for us is a Mo of the past. Can't wait for him to come back - can we recall him in Jan, please let the answer be yes - and continue smashing the goals in.

I see he scored again today in a 0 4 routing of Aberdeen. It's almost as if leaving Saints and playing for the one half decent team in a league full of otherwise utterly **** teams has reawakened the real Mo and the completely out of his depth Mo that played for us is a Mo of the past. Can't wait for him to come back - can we recall him in Jan, please let the answer be yes - and continue smashing the goals in.

Both Forster and Elyounoussi are flourishing there now that they've escaped the coaching of Dave Watson & Kelvin Davis and look at how much Tadic has improved since leaving.

Both Forster and Elyounoussi are flourishing there now that they've escaped the coaching of Dave Watson & Kelvin Davis and look at how much Tadic has improved since leaving.

Nothing to do with Ajax and Celtic doing the football equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel? It’s easy to look creative when you’re taking on defenders as good as Bennett, Lancashire and Davenport every week.

If you want to believe that Forster and Elyounoussi being **** in the English Premier League and not **** in the Scottish Premier Premier league is all about the quality of Dave Watson and Kelvin Davis as coaches then crack on pal.

I see we've reached that time of year early this season.

You know that point in the season where we get desperate and every player not regularly playing in the first 11 (because they are on loan, injured or not fancied by the manager) becomes our hope for salvation because they have to be better than the ones playing.... please God...they have to be better...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Nothing to do with Ajax and Celtic doing the football equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel? It’s easy to look creative when you’re taking on defenders as good as Bennett, Lancashire and Davenport every week.

I think Tadic has been nominated for European Footballer of the Year for his performances in the Champions League, not for playing against Pompey.

At Ajax, Tadic has been playing Champions League games against Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern Munich etc. Hardly shooting fish in a barrel.

I must admit I never rated Elyounoussi when he was here and doubt that he would be our saviour if he came back but he appears to be thriving playing in the Champions League. I did, however, rate Forster but, like all of our goalkeepers, he really deteriorated badly here under the coaching of Dave Watson. It's good to see him recover his form playing for Celtic in the Champions League. But, like Elyounoussi, I doubt he'd thrive if he came back here.

Yes, winning every week gives you confidence and you play better in other games. Why do you think Premier League strugglers keep getting knocked out of cups by a team top of League 1?

If Forster had gone to Wolves or Moi to Newcastle, they wouldn’t be playing well there either.

Yes, winning every week gives you confidence and you play better in other games. Why do you think Premier League strugglers keep getting knocked out of cups by a team top of League 1?

If Forster had gone to Wolves or Moi to Newcastle, they wouldn’t be playing well there either.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I just think there is something wrong with the coaching setup at our club as none of our players seem to be improving and most are getting progressively worse. Having two mediocre ex-goalkeepers, neither of whom has any previous experience coaching outfield players, as our first team coaches is IMHO a mistake. That's just my opinion and you are perfectly entitled to differ.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I just think there is something wrong with the coaching setup at our club as none of our players seem to be improving and most are getting progressively worse. Having two mediocre ex-goalkeepers, neither of whom has any previous experience coaching outfield players, as our first team coaches is IMHO a mistake. That's just my opinion and you are perfectly entitled to differ.

I’d completely agree our coaching is substandard. However no amount of good coaching is going to make Moi a PL player or Forster a more perceptive/agile ‘keeper.

Our coaches and players don’t get the luxury of playing St Mirren

Exactly this.

It's not like Mo wasnt given a fair crack, he looked poor on EVERY occasion he played for us, he wasnt like Boufal who had shown glimpses of what he could do before he was sent out on loan, Mo showed nothing.

There are plenty of examples of players over performing Scotland having not made an impact in the English leagues

Scott Sinclair

Rudi Skacel

etc etc etc

TBF playing for Celtic in the SPL is pretty much a guarantee to score goals, even Shane Long would get double figures up there :)

That's stretching things a bit far :lol: But, maybe he could move back to Cork City for his 33rd birthday present in January. We'd still have to pay 90% of his wages though.

Exactly this.

It's not like Mo wasnt given a fair crack, he looked poor on EVERY occasion he played for us, he wasnt like Boufal who had shown glimpses of what he could do before he was sent out on loan, Mo showed nothing.

There are plenty of examples of players over performing Scotland having not made an impact in the English leagues

Scott Sinclair

Rudi Skacel

etc etc etc

Skacel never played in England before his time in Scotland. I'm sure there are better examples.

I'm starting to think our coaching setup is poor......

I agree with this. I'm struggling to think of a player who has arrived in the past 2-3 years and then improved. Can anybody else?

Players seem to stagnate or regress. Very worrying.

Let's not get carried away

Stuart Armstrong scored 22 goals for Celtic in the 16/17 season.

You've got 2 decent(ish) sides then a load of League 2 level sides.

True, but him banging in goals & assists up there isn't remotely a negative for us, though.

0% better.

This. Chambers is laughable, Cork would be an improvement on JWP just but the others aren't better than what we have, as hard as that is to believe.

EDIT: actually scrap that anything is an improvement on our CBs so yeah just about Stephens. Ugh that's damning.

[h=3]https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50228375[/h][h=3]Man of the match - Mohamed Elyounoussi[/h]BBC Scotland's Brian McLauchlin at Hampden

Kamberi made a positive impact for Hibs when he came on and was by far the most effective player for the Easter Road club, but his performance did not compare with several by Celtic players.

Forrest, Brown and Tom Rogic barely put a foot wrong, and when you add the terrific abilities shown by Edouard, the Parkhead club were always in command.

But the award must go to Norwegian Elyounoussi, who put in his best performance since joining the club. If Lennon can somehow persuade the powers at be to make the deal permanent, Celtic will have a talent that is rarely seen in the Scottish game.

:lol:

Come on Celtic's powers to be, you know it make sense.