The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

They could have only offered us 1,250 as a minimum. It's not that much of an increase

Yep. People whinging about the allocation, look at any photo of the away section in the ground. That fence doesn't move. UEFA competition rules state that they have to offer us 5%, which they have done. They're not obliged to offer us more just because there's loads travelling without tickets (or with tickets in the home end), and you can guarantee people would be up in arms if we handed over more tickets than we needed to for the game at St Mary's.

Yep. People whinging about the allocation, look at any photo of the away section in the ground. That fence doesn't move. UEFA competition rules state that they have to offer us 5%, which they have done. They're not obliged to offer us more just because there's loads travelling without tickets (or with tickets in the home end), and you can guarantee people would be up in arms if we handed over more tickets than we needed to for the game at St Mary's.

Easy to say that when you're guarenreed a ticket ?

Easy to say that when you're guarenreed a ticket 

Perhaps, but these same people wouldn't be complaining if it was a game at Charlton. Everyone knows what the allocation is there, and everyone accepts that you don't get any more tickets than that away end holds, regardless of whether the home ends are sold out or not. Why is a Dutch team any different? If people were that desperate to go to a potential European tie (and, let's face it, how many would have booked flights to Novi Sad had we drawn Vojvodina?), they should have gone to more games last season - everyone knew that would be how the tickets would be allocated for a game like this, and there were plenty of aways last season where we didn't sell out, so it's not through the lack of opportunity.

Easy to say that when you're guarenreed a ticket

the game will be 1/3rd empty. Anyone that wants to see the game badly enough will find a way in. i dont have 10 or even 7 aways on my season ticket but i gaurantee you 100% i will be i the ground come kick off. Ali Dia managed to blag his way on to the pitch in a sold out game at the dell, how hard can i be to get in to an empty ground?

Kin glory hunters, don't remember this much trouble getting tickets for Wycombe or Brentford away.

Anyway for those using Dover you might need to re think.

Well that's a strange comment and two bad examples as loads missed out on tickets for these games like many other matches in League One.

Perhaps, but these same people wouldn't be complaining if it was a game at Charlton. Everyone knows what the allocation is there, and everyone accepts that you don't get any more tickets than that away end holds, regardless of whether the home ends are sold out or not. Why is a Dutch team any different? If people were that desperate to go to a potential European tie (and, let's face it, how many would have booked flights to Novi Sad had we drawn Vojvodina?), they should have gone to more games last season - everyone knew that would be how the tickets would be allocated for a game like this, and there were plenty of aways last season where we didn't sell out, so it's not through the lack of opportunity.

Brentford away in League One springs to mind when they only gave us 1200 and demand was massive. There was talk of us trying to get the stand down the side as it was likely to be sparsely populated by home fans but the Met put the mockers on it.

Just a shame that our first game in Europe for over a decade is in a stadium with such a small away section...especially as it's a close, cheap trip.

Tickets are sold through authorised resellers, called 'ticketbox', in towns. Just like in the UK certain retailers are allowed to sell lottery tickets, certain tobacco shops and newsagents are ticketbox agents, and can sell tickets.

I have got a Dutch contact trying for me today. Initially I thought he was pulling my leg, but if he comes good I'll find out if there are any restrictions as this might be an easier way of doing it rather than ground collection and getting refused

Anyone having difficulties trying to use website to buy tickets for home game? Was under impression they were now on general sale?

Not having any difficulty at all, just had to log in, wait, log in again and then buy (though I was adding one for Espanyol not Vitesse). Still took 25 minutes for the thing to tick around.

Thinking about it though, it should be a lot less hassle on the Mon/Tues for the away game as [hopefully] only eligible people are going to be trying to log on, rather than everyone who might want one as at the moment.

Just a shame that our first game in Europe for over a decade is in a stadium with such a small away section...especially as it's a close, cheap trip.

It could have been a whole lot worse, most of the unseeded teams have much smaller grounds.

The unseeded teams who entered in the same round as us, for example:

AEK Larnaca - 13,032

Istanbul Basaksehir - 17,800

Jablonec - 6,280

Targu Mures - 8,200

Sturm Graz - 15,400

Rheindorf Altach - 8,900

Ironi Kiryat Shmona - 5,300

So the biggest away allocation we'd have got if we'd drawn any of them would have been 890.

Closest club have said is "It will be an evening fixture".

What time are these games normally played at?

The group stage games will either be 6pm or 8:05pm UK time (with slightly earlier variants for games in Russia, Azerbaijan and Kazakhstan), but in the qualifying rounds I think clubs are generally free to pick whatever kickoff time suits them.

Closest club have said is "It will be an evening fixture".

What time are these games normally played at?

It's a new concept they are going to trial, whereby they ask the fans what time would suit them best. All ticket holders will be given the chance to vote for the KO time at lunchtime of the day of the match.

That way everybody should have a realistic idea of what time they can get there!! They are also going to be given an option for the 2nd leg how they want the result to be reached in the event of the tie being tied!!

The options are 1)Extra Time and Pens if needed, 2) Extra Time and Toss of a coin if needed 3) Just a toss of a coin at 90 mins. Option 3 is going to be popular with those wanting to get the train back to The Dam and get on the shant :lol:

Just how difficult can it be FFS. Surely the TV companies have had enough time to choose a match if that is a factor. Does anybody factor in just how much an inconvenience could be caused in even just a difference between 7.45 and 2000 KO to getting home on public transport?

Anyone having difficulties trying to use website to buy tickets for home game? Was under impression they were now on general sale?

Had a lot of issues! Somebody on twitter suggested using a mobile device to book instead and that did the trick for me ... wish I had figured that about three hours before though ;)

Why would he write that article. Idiot

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I don't disagree with any thing that's written there; it looks like Vitesse have made a right rod for their own backs by not giving us a much bigger allocation, if I was local plod I'd much rather have 2500 Saints fans in a segregated area in the stadium than having to manage 1200 in the designated area, possibly a few hundred more in unsegregated home areas and probably another 1000(!) spread across the town centre. What could possibly go wrong?

Yep. People whinging about the allocation, look at any photo of the away section in the ground. That fence doesn't move. UEFA competition rules state that they have to offer us 5%, which they have done. They're not obliged to offer us more just because there's loads travelling without tickets (or with tickets in the home end).

They only offer 1200 to Dutch sides and when Ajax come to town for example they could sell the away end out three times. With the home supporters not selling out the ground, even for that game, their are empty seats all around the ground. Loads of Ajax fans buy tickets in the home end usually, so it wont be unusual for away fans in home end.

Do Dutch sides have to pay for policing? If so it might not be in their interest to have a bigger away allocation. More policing required. More cost.

Massive demand for this game, it being the first, quite close and a great destination, but I wondered if those going intend to go to all and every away Europa league game? I miss this away game sadly, but fancy one in a later round assuming we get through.

Massive demand for this game, it being the first, quite close and a great destination, but I wondered if those going intend to go to all and every away Europa league game? I miss this away game sadly, but fancy one in a later round assuming we get through.

A few of us were saving up for France 2016 but as soon as we looked likely to get into europe decided to use the money for that, so yeah we'll be doing every away until we're knocked out or run out of money.

I'll be doing every one i can afford without ****ing the missus off so much she kicks me out

A very successful tour of Holland, P3 W3 F16 A0. Seem to have been made very welcome by all of the hosts and fans. What a bonus to have been able to see all the matches on line!!

Sounded like the Saints Fans were really enjoying themselves tonight.

Here's hoping our next visit back in Holland is as enjoyable.

I can't make it either, but would hope to go to at least one of the future rounds unless it's somewhere like Almaty or Ulan Bator or similar.. If we do get through it'll then be toss up as to whether I stick or bust, depending on who and where. I've got to make limited funds count, but how is another matter.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})