The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

UEFA website has the kick off time for the home leg being at 8.05pm UK time

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/season=2016/matches/day=-4/index.html

Haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else yet though, so don't know how accurate that is, especially as they think we play at the Friends Provident St. Mary stadium

It's live on BT Sports at 7.45 with an 8.05 kick off. Although according to them its the 2nd qualifying round!

11700855_10153684108952697_3432425763036187253_n.jpg?oh=413ec916015e7749a2c9aa37cffc8a61&oe=56494DDD

Is it not Monday that the Police are meeting over there? I can see them deciding that as there are x amount of us going with tickets ordered in 122/120 etc it is better to get us in the ground and segregate us there than have us all milling around. Suppose it depends how many have been ordered in the home end.

they might be able to get an indication, but there are various ways of obtaining tickets for the home end, so they will never be able to quantify

This.

I would have expected them to start emailing people with refund messages by now. Weren't the first home end purchases made last week? Unless they're just planning to pocket the money...

probably wont let you in.

if you do get in, the police may just start whacking you with sticks when you start cheering.

then the fans will probably want to give you a slap in/outside the ground

You're a bit bitter about not getting a ticket aren't you?

You're a bit bitter about not getting a ticket aren't you?

not even tried. no way would I even entertain getting the time off work

but european away game, english fans, many would have been on the pop all day.

be luckily not to kick off in some small form

not even tried. no way would I even entertain getting the time off work

but european away game, english fans, many would have been on the pop all day.

be luckily not to kick off in some small form

Yeah just like it did in Bucharest

:mcinnes:

The only Saints fans likely to get a slap are ones behaving like idiots and are most likely to get a slap from their own for being d1cks and threatening everyone's chances of getting in the ground and enjoying the game & experience

lol nothing will kick off.

probably right. Just depends on how they take a good amount of 'away' fans in their end.

I guess it would be all hunky dory if 400 Vitesse fans were sat in block 43/44 at SMS, giving it all the songs and the big one........

probably right. Just depends on how they take a good amount of 'away' fans in their end.

I guess it would be all hunky dory if 400 Vitesse fans were sat in block 43/44 at SMS, giving it all the songs and the big one........

Who's said anything about giving it "the big one" in the home end? Every comment I've seen has been about people keeping heads down and being respectful.

Who's said anything about giving it "the big one" in the home end? Every comment I've seen has been about people keeping heads down and being respectful.

saints score to go 1-0. many would have been on the pop all day, sat in decent numbers together.

it will only be natural to shout and cheer.

I think if anyone does have to collect don't turn up steaming and do it with a smile (cheesy grin if you must) and 'Dank U wel' [corrections welcomed!].

I spent a lot of time working in the Netherlands in the mid-90s, but only learnt two Dutch phrases as their English is embarassingly perfect:

Thank You = Danke Val (phonetic spelling)

Please = Ass Du Bleef (ditto)

I also managed to offend a Dutchwoman when buying a train ticket at Schiphol by asking if she spoke English - "Of course" she replied - a phrase you will hear the Dutch say a lot.

No-one has said anything about saints fans singing and giving it the big one. We all know we're going to have to bite our tongues and sit on our hands.

I also managed to offend a Dutchwoman when buying a train ticket at Schiphol by asking if she spoke English - "Of course" she replied - a phrase you will hear the Dutch say a lot.

True, because we are forced to learn it at school since we are a small nation haha. When you are about 9 years old you start with the basics. For instance, I've had 2 years of English classes at primary school, then 6 years at high school (12-18 y.o.). Then you encounter these classes at university again and so on. To a lesser extent you are subjected to (in this order of occurrence) German, French, Spanish, Arabic and Russian classes. Oh, and besides movies for kids we don't dub anything, just subtitles. Also, kids play a lot of videogames with English content. I could already speak decent English before my first English classes lol. Must say it is rather shocking compared to e.g. France, where most people are either s h i t e at speaking English or just refuse to do so.

True, because we are forced to learn it at school since we are a small nation haha. When you are about 9 years old you start with the basics. For instance, I've had 2 years of English classes at primary school, then 6 years at high school (12-18 y.o.). Then you encounter these classes at university again and so on. To a lesser extent you are subjected to (in this order of occurrence) German, French, Spanish, Arabic and Russian classes. Oh, and besides movies for kids we don't dub anything, just subtitles. Also, kids play a lot of videogames with English content. I could already speak decent English before my first English classes lol. Must say it is rather shocking compared to e.g. France, where most people are either s h i t e at speaking English or just refuse to do so.

I think the French generally choose not to, but we're in no position to complain about that over here, when the general English tactic of communicating in a foreign country is to try playing a game of charades while talking slowly and gradually getting louder and louder :lol:

I think the French generally choose not to, but we're in no position to complain about that over here, when the general English tactic of communicating in a foreign country is to try playing a game of charades while talking slowly and gradually getting louder and louder :lol:

I'd love to learn another language and wish I did when I was younger. However, really, there's no need. As our Dutch friend is an example of, nearly everywhere speaks a good level to get by. It makes us lazy which comes across as ignorance. If we had to learn and had other languages in our popular culture, we would.

Everywhere you go there's English speaking people, translated signs, menus etc. Theres just no need to learn at all.

Anyway, back to the subject. No refund yet.

True. YOU HAVE TABLE (holds up 4 fingers) FOUR QUATROZE (or some other badly pronounced mishmash of languages) ... Brits abroad are hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

True. YOU HAVE TABLE (holds up 4 fingers) FOUR QUATROZE (or some other badly pronounced mishmash of languages) ... Brits abroad are hilarious for all the wrong reasons.

Quite enjoy speaking four languages in that position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone else bought tickets in block 121-what do we need to pick up tix?

I've got a ticket in 121 through a friend in Holland whose had it sent to his house. I'd previously got one for 122 but waiting to see if it'll be delivered to home.

I had a flying visit through The Netherlands earlier in the year on my way to Mainz in Germany. I stopped at a drive through McDonalds in a minor panic as I couldn't speak the lingo so I asked the voice in the machine if she spoke English and in better English than I speak, she said 'Yes, Of Course'! I've always been ****e at languages so I'm always impressed by those that are fluent in anything other than their own.

Those scarves are a test. Doesn't matter where you are from or what end you are going in, but if you have a half and half scarf they will ban you from the ground and the Police will deservedly baton charge you straight back to the station.

Will be interesting to see how many we take to Newcastle the following Sunday - can't see many making the trip with that kick off time and with the vitesse game on Thursday. Had a look on the online site and only about half of the first block has been sold on seat selection

Will be interesting to see how many we take to Newcastle the following Sunday - can't see many making the trip with that kick off time and with the vitesse game on Thursday. Had a look on the online site and only about half of the first block has been sold on seat selection

We have the two blocks along from that too, which are sold out presumably. They were available when it went on sale to ST Holders but not now.

Update on the Play-Off Round potential seeding (teams with higher coefficient than Saints in bold):

We're currently 16th ranked of the EL seeds in the 3rd Qualifying Round. Top 22 teams will be seeded for PlayOff Round. 15 CL 3rd Q losers and 29 EL 3rd Q winners.

Champions League 3QR (losers into Europa League PlayOff Round)

Champions Route

Lech Poznań Poland Switzerland Basel Above Saints (1).

Milsami Orhei Moldova Albania Skënderbeu Korçë Below Saints (1)

HJK Finland Kazakhstan Astana Below Saints (2)

Celtic Scotland Azerbaijan Qarabağ Above Saints if Celtic lose (+1)

Steaua București Romania Serbia Partizan Above Saints if Steaua lose (+2)

Midtjylland Denmark Cyprus APOEL Above Saints if APOEL lose (+3)

Maccabi Tel Aviv Israel Czech Republic Viktoria Plzeň Above Saints (2)

Dinamo Zagreb Croatia Norway Molde Above Saints if D Zagreb lose (+4)

Videoton Hungary Belarus BATE Borisov Above Saints if BATE lose (+5)

Red Bull Salzburg Austria Sweden Malmö FF Above Saints if RB Salzburg lose (+6)

League Route

Panathinaikos Greece Belgium Club Brugge Above Saints (3)

Young Boys Switzerland France Monaco Above Saints (4)

CSKA Moscow Russia Czech Republic Sparta Prague Above Saints (5)

Rapid Wien Austria Netherlands Ajax Above Saints if Ajax lose (+7)

Fenerbahçe Turkey Ukraine Shakhtar Donetsk Above Saints (6)

Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round (winners into EL PO Round)

Zürich Switzerland Belarus Dinamo Minsk (Above Saints if Zurich win +8 )

Kairat Kazakhstan Scotland Aberdeen Below Saints (3)

Žilina Slovakia Ukraine Vorskla Poltava Below Saints (4)

AZ Netherlands Turkey İstanbul Başakşehir Above Saints if AZ Alkmaar win (+9)

Bordeaux France Cyprus AEK Larnaca Above Saints if Bordeaux win (+10)

PAOK Greece Slovakia Spartak Trnava Above Saints if PAOK win (+11)

Târgu Mureș Romania France Saint-Étienne Above Saints if St Etienne win (+12)

Debrecen Hungary Norway Rosenborg Below Saints (5)

Jablonec Czech Republic Denmark Copenhagen Above Saints if FC Copenhagen win (+13)

Thun Switzerland Liechtenstein Vaduz Below Saints (6)

Belenenses Portugal Sweden IFK Göteborg Below Saints (7)

Sampdoria Italy Serbia Vojvodina Above Saints if Sampdoria win (+14)

Kukësi Albania Poland Legia Warsaw Above Saints if Legia win (+15)

Charleroi Belgium Ukraine Zorya Luhansk Below Saints (8 )

Sturm Graz Austria Russia Rubin Kazan Above Saints if Rubin Kazan win (+16)

Elfsborg Sweden Norway Odd Below Saints (9)

Southampton England Netherlands Vitesse

Slovan Liberec Czech Republic Israel Ironi Kiryat Shmona Above Saints if Slovan Liberec win (+17)

Apollon Limassol Cyprus Azerbaijan Gabala Below Saints (10)

Wolfsberger AC Austria Germany Borussia Dortmund Above Saints if Dortmund win (+18 )

AIK Sweden Greece Atromitos Below Saints (11)

Standard Liège Belgium Bosnia and Herzegovina Željezničar Above Saints if Standard Liege win (+19)

West Ham United England Romania Astra Giurgiu - West Ham have same rating as Saints if they win (?)

Athletic Bilbao Spain Azerbaijan Inter Baku Above Saints if Athletic Bilbao win (+20)

Rabotnički Republic of Macedonia Turkey Trabzonspor Above Saints if Trabzonspor win (+21)

Brøndby Denmark Cyprus Omonia Below Saints (12)

Rheindorf Altach Austria Portugal Vitória de Guimarães Above Saints if Trabzonspor win (+22)

Hajduk Split Croatia Norway Strømsgodset Below Saints (13)

Krasnodar Russia Slovakia Slovan Bratislava Below Saints (14)

There are no direct qualifiers for the EL Play Off Round.

So, there are 15 (losing) CL qualifiers and 29 winners - that's 44 in all. 22 will be seeded. As it stands at the moment:

6 ties are guaranteed to deliver a seed above Saints no matter who wins.

An additional 7 ties will deliver a seed above Saints IF the favourite loses in the Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round tie.

An additional 15 ties will deliver a seed above Saints IF the favourite wins in the Europa League 3rd Qualifying Round tie.

(So potentially 28 ties could deliver seeds above Saints, if more than 22 do, Saints will NOT be seeded in the Play-Off Round and will face a seeded team).

14 ties are guaranteed to deliver a team with a lower coefficient than Saints.

Don't ask me what happens if West Ham and us straddle the seeding or not as they have the exact same coefficient as us - I assume we take the seeding as they are a Fair Play qualifier. That's the other 43 ties taken care of. All this is irrelevant if we lose to Vitesse of course.

In effect (as Steve Grant said weeks ago), we need to hope for form results in the CL and upsets in the EL. More than 6 ties going in this manner will see Saints seeded.

Edited by The9

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})