Have you changed your mind about this season?

doddisalegend

I was troubled by the pre-season hype as Saints dont do being favourite.

To go to every match expecting a win can only result in disappointment, it's not real football support, it's plastic - Manure etc.

FF (quite correctly) identified a problem with Pardew / Cortese early on which also put a damper on the start of the season.

For that reason I did not buy a season ticket for the second consecutive season and for only the second time in the last 15 seasons.

I dont really trust NC at the moment, like a child with a new toy and no parents around.

At the start of the summer I expected that we would be on for the league and cup (JPT) double with a few choice exciting signings, a season to savour before another build and push in the Championship next year. The danger signs began during the Swiss tour and pre-season where the team and management looked frankly disinterested.

Pardew going and the manner of his exit has left a lot of fans angry and demoralised as it looked like we had finally found some unity and stability at the end of last season - this has to effect the morale of the players. If an impact manager had been appointed the fans and the team would have been galvanised quickly, it would have been costly and dramatic but it would have provided the catalyst to fire us up the division; can you imagine the buzz O'Neil or Keegan plus an extra 8000 on the gate would have created.

The appointment of an uncle Les approved 'continental coach' of the Adkins or Howe type will not create this buzz or impact, so even if 75% of the first team decide that the new man is OK aand worth playing for by Xmas it will probably be too late to recover the season. Overall I tend to agree with FF that mid table will be a result, and if this is the bed Cortese makes he must lie in it and change the five year plan to a seven year plan...

same points as Norwich were this time last season, better goal difference - all to play for!

Woo-hoo, so if we can just replicate what happened with that once-in-a-lifetime appalling start and comfortable winning of Div 3, except we're leaving our manager appointment until about a month later, and most likely without actually improving the calibre of the appointment, then we're laughing.

I was full of optimism at the start of the season and now that has completely gone. As far as I'm concerned NC has completely ruined our prospects this term with the ridiculous dismissal of Pardew. It will take months for the new man to get his team and tactics together by which time we'll be well out of the running....... Very angry!