The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

Doesn’t surprise me, he’s been on the sidelines with no update for a suspiciously long time.

Manager has said he has been back training for couple of weeks but still hasn't shown enough in spring training to feature.

Whether this is ongoing injury, attitude to type of training, or wanting to leave I don't know.

Manager has said he has been back training for couple of weeks but still hasn't shown enough in spring training to feature.

Whether this is ongoing injury, attitude to type of training, or wanting to leave I don't know.

Sprint training

Loan now, purchase Summer.
Would be amazed if we committed to more summer spending now, given we already have Ings on that basis.

Expecting no ins and no outs personally.

If we don't want to loan out Gallagher and Austin doesn't go anywhere permanently then we would have six strikers already (Redmond, Ings, Long, Austin, Obafemi, Gallagher) so no room for another.

Would be amazed if we committed to more summer spending now, given we already have Ings on that basis.

If we don't want to loan out Gallagher and Austin doesn't go anywhere permanently then we would have six strikers already (Redmond, Ings, Long, Austin, Obafemi, Gallagher) so no room for another.

How many of those are goalscorers :)

Just what I was told last night, and then RB Leipzig loaned a couple of players - of course may not be true but have no reason to not believe it, apart from Saints tending to be **** at this type of thing.

The list of strikers shows that selling before buying isn't just a funding issue, or about keeping within FFP rules. Six strikers looks adequate, even though they all offer something different. If Austin has gone, that would open up a space as well as freeing money to increase the bid for Adams.

The list of strikers shows that selling before buying isn't just a funding issue, or about keeping within FFP rules. Six strikers looks adequate, even though they all offer something different. If Austin has gone, that would open up a space as well as freeing money to increase the bid for Adams.

It's analysis like this that gets you a professorship

When you think about our two full backs, they really play as wingers.

IMHO Taggart and Valery are not great wingers but Valery is improving for sure.

Maybe we have no position for Bertrand anymore because of the way RH likes to set the team up?

If Taggart did get injured then he would either use Johnson (massive gamble) or what he did when Valery went off but to the left flank instead.

Of course Valery can and probably will improve, but he is still pretty terrible going forwards. Looks like he has no idea what to do with the ball when he gets it.

Don't think Gerry Taggart is the answer on the wing, he was always a centre back and is now 48.

I was quite happy for us to have a clear out in the squad (plenty of dross in the squad) but I figured it was to free up cash/ wages to strengthen the squad this window.

Last night showed that all though we've improved, under Ralph, we still have a lot to do. Our bench looked particularly weak last night. Unless we pull something out the bag today it seems odd we've not made more of this transfer window.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Vokes medical at Stoke.

Sam Vokes is on his way for a medical at Stoke City before completing a £10m permanent move to the Potteries with Peter Crouch going the other way.

Crouch is expected to arrive at Burnley later this morning for his medical.

The deal thought to be around £10m in total. Vokes cost Burnley around £300,000 in 2012.

Can't see Bertrand going, not the way he has tweeted about Ralf, unless some silly opportunity came up.

The Leipzig guy would be good, wonder if we could get him and the RB in on loan with a view to buy in the summer, presumably with more PL money in and getting rid of some of the loaned out players.

No flight tracking going on.

No earlobe rumours.

No players looking to rent Martin O'Neill's old pad.

#boring

Maybe not but it's ****ing uncomfortable sitting in this tree all day, and I can't see sh@g shyte anyway...!

RH: "Our business is not done. I won't speak about specific names; this is a day for possibilities and if the right opportunity arises you must grab it." #saintsfc

Sounds like we'll be bringing one in at least....

Sounds like we'll be bringing one in at least....

As teases go, that's decent.

I predict we'll get the right back from Olympiakos and perhaps loan an attacking player.

I'd still love to get Maehle and Skov but doubt it can happen now.

Hope he’s not as bang average as he sounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After watching the Sunderland documentary, deals on deadline day are always a possibility, seems with the pressure of a deadline, players/agents/clubs etc. become more willing to make a decision than they do a few weeks before.

Have you seen the Sheff Utd one from a few years ago... That was brilliant.

Have you seen the Sheff Utd one from a few years ago... That was brilliant.

No, the Sunderland one is very good as well, really give you an insight behind the scenes and makes you feel for the people involved in all aspects of the clubs, as generally they are all trying their best even if it is not going well and cop a lot of abuse for it.

I see Gao has flown in from China. SFC is his main business now that he has sold off most of his shares in Lander Sports. Is he going to demand bigger profits from the transfer windows or sanction investment in strengthening the squad to avoid relegation? Of course, it would be great if it were the latter and we bought Che Adams and Joakim Maehle but my guess is that his main emphasis will be on making a profit in the transfer market and limiting any spending to almost nothing.

No, the Sunderland one is very good as well, really give you an insight behind the scenes and makes you feel for the people involved in all aspects of the clubs, as generally they are all trying their best even if it is not going well and cop a lot of abuse for it.

agreed. It's excellent. Except for the opening credits/song at the start, which is utter gash

yeh agreed, luckily that skip intro button is there.

I liked it even though it is not my usual taste in music.

The documentary was fascinating and made me feel very sorry for the Sunderland fans even though some were a bit odd

The guy with the bejewelled beard was interesting