The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

I suspect alot of hinged on Austin leaving. Once he does, I reckon Augustin. That and a RB and I'll be very happy.

If that happens, for the sake of people who have Austin on the back of their Saints shirt, they should give him the number 10... could probably just add a "GU" (or a UG) in pen...

No, the Sunderland one is very good as well, really give you an insight behind the scenes and makes you feel for the people involved in all aspects of the clubs, as generally they are all trying their best even if it is not going well and cop a lot of abuse for it.

From Summer 2017.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2730953-inside-transfer-deadline-day-access-all-areas-at-sheffield-united

If Austin wants to go to Burnley and they know about our situation of getting a new striker in being conditional, Burnley will stall, I reckon. Especially if there is that disparity between the window closing at 6 in Germany. Hey ho. Think I’ll just tune in later. Saves the disappointment to just one session!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Austin wants to go to Burnley and they know about our situation of getting a new striker in being conditional, Burnley will stall, I reckon. Especially if there is that disparity between the window closing at 6 in Germany. Hey ho. Think I’ll just tune in later. Saves the disappointment to just one session!

That s probably for incoming transfers

Looks like Hassenhuttl has been told to play the youngsters and we will try to offload as many senior players as possible. Agreed, most of those seniors are probably finished here. But they need to be replaced and relying on the u23's for the rest of the season just isn't going to cut it. Still a few hours left but I'm getting that Jan Poortvliet .... all we need is Kruger to come out with a statement about us having a "log jam" of strikers and the picture is complete.

Please someone tell me it'll be ok .. !

Looks like Hassenhuttl has been told to play the youngsters and we will try to offload as many senior players as possible. Agreed, most of those seniors are probably finished here. But they need to be replaced and relying on the u23's for the rest of the season just isn't going to cut it. Still a few hours left but I'm getting that Jan Poortvliet .... all we need is Kruger to come out with a statement about us having a "log jam" of strikers and the picture is complete.

Please someone tell me it'll be ok .. !

Why does it look like that is what he has been told, as opposed to him choosing to do it? I love these forums, as there seem to be so many prescient members lurking about.

Why does it look like that is what he has been told, as opposed to him choosing to do it? I love these forums, as there seem to be so many prescient members lurking about.

I take your point. But it is very odd to see so many of the youngsters being pushed through and seniors being loaned or sold off. Of course in Hassenhuttl we trust.... let's hope he doesn't turn out to be a loon.

I take your point. But it is very odd to see so many of the youngsters being pushed through and seniors being loaned or sold off. Of course in Hassenhuttl we trust.... lets hope he doesn't turn out to be a loon.

All these senior players that don’t play or don’t want to play for us.

All these senior players that don’t play or don’t want to play for us.

As I said in my initial post; granted most of them are finished here.

My primary concern is the lack of replacements / improvements and reliance on youngsters to keep us up!

Thank you :D

Put it this way, in 10 hours or so, it will be too late to worry about it.

But on a serious note, look at Chelsea. They've splashed the cash, got a manager who seems lost, and are not a unit at all, albeit way up the table. All their fans seem to be doing is calling for even more spending. Spend spend spend. I looked at the starting XI vs LCFC and thought we were going to be absolutely hammered. But they did OK.

It's all most fans seem able to think of, despite all evidence to the contrary. Look at City, there's a squad that needs no more money spent on it. But their mentality is slightly off this season, they look lost when they go behind in some games and it'll cost them.

Chelsea are playing Kante in attack BECAUSE of spending a fortune on another central midfielder. They'd be in a better position if they'd saved the money and not bought Jorginho. As if Kante, Barkley, Fabregas, Kovavic and Loftus Cheek wouldn't have been good enough. Kante in his right position can make any midfield partner look better.

United too. Endless money spent and wasted, they just need someone to get them playing.

We could have spent 100m under Hughes and still been awful. The biggest signing we made was Ralph. Far more important than anything else and we keep us up.

+1 for all of that, with a +2 for this bit.

It's all most fans seem able to think of, despite all evidence to the contrary. Look at City, there's a squad that needs no more money spent on it. But their mentality is slightly off this season, they look lost when they go behind in some games and it'll cost them.

Chelsea are playing Kante in attack BECAUSE of spending a fortune on another central midfielder. They'd be in a better position if they'd saved the money and not bought Jorginho. As if Kante, Barkley, Fabregas, Kovavic and Loftus Cheek wouldn't have been good enough. Kante in his right position can make any midfield partner look better.

United too. Endless money spent and wasted, they just need someone to get them playing.

We could have spent 100m under Hughes and still been awful. The biggest signing we made was Ralph. Far more important than anything else and we keep us up.

Very true. We wasted more than £100 million on players like Carrillo and Hoedt we are now struggling to give away. Let's hope Ralph brings some much-needed common sense to our transfer activity.

NEWCASTLE SIGN ALMIRON:

Newcastle have confirmed the signing of Miguel Almiron.

The 24-year-old has penned a five-and-a-half year deal which will keep him at the club until 2024.

We understand the fee is a club-record £21m.

Have seen a bit of him watching MLS with the Whitecaps here (watch out for Alphonso Davies who made his debut for Bayern this week btw - exceptional talent). Almiron is talented for sure but physically lightweight - it will be really interesting to see how he copes in the PL. Quite a jump for him. He's good but doesn't have me quaking in my boots...

Heard that RaHa is running his eye over Boufal and Carillo to see if they fit his system. Don't know how reliable this rumor is or if even possible. I'm sure a MLG type poster will confirm...

It would surely be common sense to do this, they are still our players. They didn't work for MP and MH (like many of those who are still here) but we should at least try and get some worth from them.

Austin has turned down a move to a championship side according to Talksport. Wants to stay and fight for his place rather than move to championship

He isn't fit enough to win a place in the side, not a bad player to have on the bench but if Ings gets injured but not sure he's the type of player Ralph would like to rely on.

NEWCASTLE SIGN ALMIRON:

Newcastle have confirmed the signing of Miguel Almiron.

The 24-year-old has penned a five-and-a-half year deal which will keep him at the club until 2024.

We understand the fee is a club-record £21m.

Stupid signing

I suppose Charlie Austin staying kills all chance of bringing a new forward in, which is a shame as part of me was still really hyped at the prospect of JKA despite how unlikely it was. Still, a decent new rightback and it won't have been that bad a window.