The January Transfer Window 2019!

Kieran1uk

Quite clearly, we are woefully short at RB. Which is a key component in our current set up

Agreed on both counts. We saw last night what can happen if we don't have solid flank options.

We will hopefully soon see Bertrand back, addressing that issue on the left side.

But letting Cedric go, for all his faults, and just on loan, was a major clanger if they didn't have a replacement planned in advance. It's all the worse for the fact that Cedric could play both sides.

Either we still have a Reed-esque "all rumour and no reality" scenario, or we really don't have the funds right now. Either way it's troubling.

According to UEFA report, Tottenham wage bill is €148m.

So you could double the wages of every single Tottenham player, they could sign seven new players on £100,000 a week, and they would *still* have a lower wage bill than Manchester City.

If there is one thing that really annoys me it is the regular negative posts from a certain few on here regarding our club.

The general consensus appears to be of approval with how RH is doing.

In which case perhaps we can allow him to decide the way forward for our team.

Exactly. The bloke would have joined knowing the likely transfer position, and won't hang around if the board tuck him up. Sad reality is that the noisy minority on here think know more than the manager they claim to have faith in.

It's amazing how good players become when they lose their place in the team/leave. Cedric's improvement has been particularly breathtaking.

its probably more that he was our only Real experienced right back before ralph started playing Valery and now we are relying fully on inexperienced kids in that position its a bit like loaning out ings gabbi Austin and long and relying on obafemi and barnes up front

It's amazing how good players become when they lose their place in the team/leave. Cedric's improvement has been particularly breathtaking.
Not really. He's still better than all the right backs at the club now. That's all people are saying.

You could also make a similar claim about Valery who is being hyped to the rafters far more than people saying Cedric is "amazing".

Cedric was a real problem at RB. Constantly targetted and exposed by opposition managers. He was just physically too short and too easily pushed off the ball.

I'm pleased for him that he has a new challenge at Inter but for me Valery is an improvement. Stephens can play RB if necessary as can Targett.

It's all good nothing to see.RB position can be sorted in the summer.

What we do need is another CB and or striker. Not vital but it would be useful.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Eh, there's zero chance that RH would've refused the chance to add some pace to the squad, so let's not pretend that this is a transfer window tactical masterclass from the club.

Our current preferred formation requires a significant attacking contribution from our fullbacks, but our first choice right back is currently too nervy to cross the ball.

Whether the thinning of the squad costs us is only going to be down to luck.

It would be, if obafemi and barnes had replaced them and done at least as well.
Come off it. Ramsay has played all of 1 game hasn't he? How can anyone be confident he is better backup than Cedric, a seasoned international?

Crazy to leave ourselves so exposed, as even Valery can't be described as being a solid regular yet. You can be sure it won't have escaped the notice of our opponents between now and the end of the season that it's a weak area for us.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Not really. He's still better than all the right backs at the club now. That's all people are saying.

You could also make a similar claim about Valery who is being hyped to the rafters far more than people saying Cedric is "amazing".

Agree with that. Cedric was/is better than Valery. And we have just loaned him out

Just bizarre

Come off it. Ramsay has played all of 1 game hasn't he? How can anyone be confident he is better backup than Cedric, a seasoned international?

Crazy to leave ourselves so exposed, as even Valery can't be described as being a solid regular yet. You can be sure it won't have escaped the notice of our opponents between now and the end of the season that it's a weak area for us.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I thought Ramsey was out of his depth against Derby.

Anyone know anything about a Florian Grillitisch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from memory and not wikipedia at all he is an Austrian professional footballer who currently plays for 1899 Hoffenheim and the Austria national team as a midfielder

He is better than our back up right back. Which is no one

Is stunned we have not brought in a RB already.

Madness

Well if you were at the game last night, you might have seen that things seemed to be OK. Of course playing 3-5-2 means that RB is more a RWB, which if our preferred formation, things look to be OK. As has been mentioned, Lemina can also play there, as well as JWP. Going to a back 4 is a little trickier.

But we get it. Whinge whinge ****ing whinge.