Chelsea v Saints build up

vince

Stick Mane on Ivanovic, put Pelle up against Cahill and we'll cause them problems. They have been pretty pants this year, but they still have so much quality who can turn it on in a second.

But this is probably our best chance of going to the Bridge and getting a win for a long time. They have problems.

Let's hope Porto give them a tough game Tuesday.

Loathe Chelsea but how can you not love this guy?2436e42c9b0017fff09e231a3456d1c6.jpg

Indeed pretty loathsome but my friend sent me a message last season saying he saw Clyne parking his Bentley in a disabled space in Southampton, so unfortunately JT isn't the only one...!

Chelsea will Nick a goal on the break, then they will park the bus. Mourhino will act as if he is the greatest thing to ever walk the planet but will also say nice things about Saints because I think he does actually like us a bit.

I'm hoping that we put in another performance like we have against Chelsea in the last couple of seasons and really give them a good run for their money. Would love to nick another draw, a win would be hilarious obviously

Its been the central midfield where chelsea have been weakest this season, and their fullbacks. I think if we play mane and tadic out wide, we stand a very good chance of troubling them on the wings. That, combined with a really strong midfield (say, romeu wanyama clasie/JWP) in a kind of 4-3-3, I think we could actually give them a really really good run for their money. Trouble is that we play a very similar formation to them usually with a 4-2-3-1 formation. If there's just a lot of players playing central midfield (e.g. Matic, Wanyama, Romeu, Fabregas etc. ), could be a very low-scoring game.

Wouldnt also be surprised if we see obi mikel and ramires/willian starting this game. Obi Mikel started the last chelsea game I saw a couple of weeks ago

Indeed pretty loathsome but my friend sent me a message last season saying he saw Clyne parking his Bentley in a disabled space in Southampton, so unfortunately JT isn't the only one...!

On the plus side googling "Southampton player handicap spot" got me a picture of Osvaldo which made me chuckle.

Right now this Chelsea team cannot cope with movement and physicality in the final third. They attack best when they can defend well and they can't get going forward because they are struggling to defend and contain teams. I enjoyed the way we played with Long and Mane up front at Stamford Bridge last year and I wouldn't mind seeing the same again, but we really rode our luck defending with just two banks of eight at times so it will be a game of fine margins and we could get a win or really get thumped.

----------Stek----------

Cedric-Fonte-VVD-Bertrand

---Wanyama-Romeu----

Mane----Davis----Tadic

----------Pelle----------

I know we did well in this game last year with Mane and Long up front with their pace, but Pelle is currently in good form. Lets see how he does against a shaky Chelsea defence, we could always bring Long or J Rod on from the bench if it isn't working.

Too early for Clasie to start. Maybe bring him on for Davis towards the end if we are holding on for a result.

The only concern for me really is the pace and trickery of Chelsea's forward players against Cedric, (and our whole defence really to be fair), but he's supposed to be our first choice RB and needs to play in games like this.

I'm hopeful we can nick this 2-1, goals from Mane and a VVD free kick

Just been talking a Chelsea supporter who went to Newcastle and he said, if we play like we did in the first 30 mins you will murder us, but if we play like we did in the last 20 mins we could murder you. On the subject of Costa (glad he won't be available) he said the lad has got an anger management problem and he also said there a couple of players playing that should not be anywhere near the first team. He also thinks that if Chelsea are not in the top six at christmas Roman could well out Jose.

Right now this Chelsea team cannot cope with movement and physicality in the final third. They attack best when they can defend well and they can't get going forward because they are struggling to defend and contain teams. I enjoyed the way we played with Long and Mane up front at Stamford Bridge last year and I wouldn't mind seeing the same again' date=' but we really rode our luck [b']defending with just two banks of eight [/b]at times so it will be a game of fine margins and we could get a win or really get thumped.

If we are allowed 16 plus a goalkeeper, I think we can keep a clean sheet at least :)

same team as the one we did against swansea but I would bring on long instead of jay rod. he did nothing today and I feel shlong would of offered more.

Don't thing Long would of offered more but he might 'have' offered more. Its not possible to 'of' anything as there is no verb ' To of'.

Stek

Soares

Fonte

VvD

Bertrand

Wanyama

Romeu

Ramirez

Davis

Mane

Long

Gaston's incisive passing, Mane and Long on their motorbikes. No long high balls. Chelsea are comfortable in the high, but susceptible to pace.

No way on earth will we/should we drop Tadic

Have another read of his post, unless all the mistakes were deliberate?

Or ran out of apostrophes in his Letraset sheets? (remember those?). I see what you mean, that's the trouble with the internet and its forums, it's not real English and without all the winky, smiley thingies the true meaning can get lost. Some contributions need to be read out loud in order to get the true intentions of the poster and irony flies staight out of the Windows.

If nothing else I have learned a new law today: Skitt's Law.

Here are some more: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/news/6408927/Internet-rules-and-laws-the-top-10-from-Godwin-to-Poe.html

I'm in two minds about Chelsea. One side of me says that they are there for the taking and that this is a good time to play them. The other reminds me that we are Saints and nothing ever seems to go as expected, even if I expect it to be like that.

I'm in two minds about Chelsea. One side of me says that they are there for the taking and that this is a good time to play them. The other reminds me that we are Saints and nothing ever seems to go as expected, even if I expect it to be like that.

Given how ruthlessly efficient they usually are and physically imposing as well, that there is any doubt about their form probably means it is a good time to play them - even if they manage to find their form again when they play us.

We'll lose 2-1 in a frustrating game, after dominating large chunks of the match. Romeu will be sent off in the 75th minute, generally trying too hard to impress his former owners and flying into too many bookable tackles.

I wonder if Koeman will go for Yoshida ahead of Soares.

At St Mary's Pelle and Tadic are undroppable. Away from home, I want to play a more expansive 4-4-2, Mane and Long feeding off Gaston's through balls.

So you expect Gaston to start even though he wasn't on the bench against Swansea - not sure that will happen! I don't for one minute expect him to be starting anytime soon unless

injuries to Davis/JWP/Romeu/Big Vic/Tadic.

Gambling on Gaston to flit in and out of games especially at Stamford Bridge is not such good tactics

Edited by Give it to Ron

Don't thing Long would of offered more but he might 'have' offered more. Its not possible to 'of' anything as there is no verb ' To of'.

You should have checked your own comment before being a **** about saint disco's!

Er... not sure how to point this out but I think the Prof's was being deliberate. Maybe he should have written 'of' insead of of.

"Its" :mcinnes: It is not a possessive pronoun.

It was the "Don't thing Long" that I spotted first. Ironic post of the first order from The Prof there.

Hoping this doesn't now spark a debate on the meaning of irony

It was the "Don't thing Long" that I spotted first. Ironic post of the first order from The Prof there.

Hoping this doesn't now spark a debate on the meaning of irony

To be honest I didn't notice that but I tend to skim read anyway. At least I have an excuse what with my deteriating eyesight and decrepitude. That and my old age ;)

Irony: a bit like brassy but harder and not as bright.

Mourinho will be practicing his excuses this week as Chelsea's home defeat by Saints will be anyone's fault but his. Maybe the Doctor... Oh no, she's gone, so the ref...No, maybe a bit overdone, so how about the tea lady?

That's "practising" by the way.

(This post is brought to you by Glass Houses Productions Ltd.)

Chelsea look far more beatable than normal. They may come out all guns blazing after the weekend but you'd have expected the same after previous poor results. Get in their faces and spook them with an early chance/goal and we could wrestle our way on top.

Might be wise to play Romeu alongside Wanyama, not least because their midfield isn't ticking properly at the moment and those two could stamp them out nicely if Chelsea don't get themselves into gear. Other than that the only selection problem is whether to play Davis or Ward-Prowse in front of them.

----------Stek----------

Cedric-Fonte-VvD-Bertrand

---Wanyama-Romeu----

JWP----Mane----Tadic

----------Pelle----------

If Begovic doesn't keep them in the game and the fullbacks keep Hazard/Pedro quiet then this should be a good result.

Hoping to see Mane terrorize Ivanovic :)