January Transfer Window - 2020 Edition

SuperSAINT

And if Valery had started today.... I wonder who would've been on here questioning whether he's fit enough to start a game..

Tedious.

He’s on the bench and MLG was quick to point out he played last week. Yet our manager prefers playing one of our best midfielders out of position there. Thank god we didn’t need to do anything in January!

He’s on the bench and MLG was quick to point out he played last week. Yet our manager prefers playing one of our best midfielders out of position there. Thank god we didn’t need to do anything in January!

Worked ok with JWP didn't it, guess you are a bit annoyed and can't get all "superior" with this one

Worked ok with JWP didn't it, guess you are a bit annoyed and can't get all "superior" with this one

Point remains the same, Valery is our third choice right back and we only have two. I’d rather we play players in their proper positions. Obviously I can be superior when you are concerned as my opinion is superior to yours, because you never have one

Point remains the same, Valery is our third choice right back and we only have two. I’d rather we play players in their proper positions. Obviously I can be superior when you are concerned as my opinion is superior to yours, because you never have one

Opinion and attempts at point scoring are entirely different

Stop trying to be so clever, you are fooling no one

Opinion and attempts at point scoring are entirely different

Stop trying to be so clever, you are fooling no one

How is starting the fact that a midfield player, arguably our best midfield player. was picked above our second choice right back, “being clever” or “point scoring? it’s stating a fact. Unfortunately when you state uncomfortable facts on here some people, like yourself, get rather upset about it.

Or Valery isn’t considered fit enough to start yet(as Ralph actually said pre Burnley), as he’s been out for months

Or Valery isn’t considered fit enough to start yet(as Ralph actually said pre Burnley), as he’s been out for months

MLG was at pains to point out he was fit, as did a couple of other posters. So clearly he is our third choice of two right backs

How is starting the fact that a midfield player, arguably our best midfield player. was picked above our second choice right back, “being clever” or “point scoring? it’s stating a fact. Unfortunately when you state uncomfortable facts on here some people, like yourself, get rather upset about it.

We have a group of posters that simply cannot handle the truth

They don’t like the truth, they hate truth tellers.

Truth hurts

tenor.gif

When will bring our 1st choice RB back into the first 11?

WHU away? Newcastle home?

As good as JWP is at RB he’s a CM and one of our best CMs

The point is, at the moment, JWP is our best fit RB, as well as being possibly our best CM.

The question is whether Smallbone or Romeu as cover for JWP in midfield is stronger than Valery or KWP (at present) replacing him at RB.

Valery's recovery is going to take time. KWP is clearly raw. I'd stick with JWP at RB with Smallbone/Romeu in midfield. Long term, who knows. It's common for players to develop and find different positions. Maybe RB is JWP's best position.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The point is, at the moment, JWP is our best fit RB, as well as being possibly our best CM.

The question is whether Smallbone or Romeu as cover for JWP in midfield is stronger than Valery or KWP (at present) replacing him at RB.

Valery's recovery is going to take time. KWP is clearly raw. I'd stick with JWP at RB with Smallbone/Romeu in midfield. Long term, who knows. It's common for players to develop and find different positions. Maybe RB is JWP's best position.

so, letting Cedric go was a bit of a gamble then....sad times

Walker-Peters & Valery are good enough quality

Valery played for the under 23 last week and has been back for 3 weeks, Walker-Peters has a minor injury.

What is the problem?

Under 23s is not kids

Valery played a game last week

Back training and playing an hour for the under 23s isn't fully match fit. That doesn't mean he is 3rd choice :mcinnes:

So is he fit or isn’t he? Friday you said he was and been back from 3 weeks, now he isn’t fully fit. :mcinnes:

so, letting Cedric go was a bit of a gamble then....sad times
Not at all. I didn't say that. Cedric was going in the summer anyway, so what's the problem?

We've reinvented JWP as a very good RB and made an opportunity for Smallbone in midfield. All good.

Edited by Shroppie

When did I say he was fully match fit? You are the king of taking things out of context, as you have again highlighted by picking out those quotes. :mcinnes:

Nothing out of context at all. “Valero has been back for 3 weeks “he played last week”

So either he wasn’t fit like you claimed he was or hes third choice of two full backs

250?cb=20171212135714

Fit enough to return to an under 23 game for 60 mins and be on the bench, is different to ready to start. :mcinnes:

Hang on a minute, on Friday you were passionately claiming he’d been back for 3 week and had played a game last week, now you’re back tracking, oh he wasn’t fit, it was only 60 minutes of an U23 game. :lol::lol::lol::lol::mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes:

250?cb=20171212135714

Hang on a minute, on Friday you were passionately claiming he’d been back for 3 week and had played a game last week, now you’re back tracking, oh he wasn’t fit, it was only 60 minutes of an U23 game. :lol::lol::lol::lol::mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes::mcinnes:

You make this difficult! I said he wasn't injured and was building towards match fitness with the 60 mins for the u23s. It is not as black and white as you make out with fit or not fit. You build towards full match fitness, even when no longer ill or injured.

Why does it make the window look worse? How many right backs do you want in the squad?

Two capable / fit ones. Not asking too much I guess.

Valery played for the under 23 last week and has been back for 3 weeks, Walker-Peters has a minor injury.

What is the problem?

You said fit, but it is daft to think they'll both be fit all the time. Should we sign 5 right backs in case 4 of them might get injured?

It's not daft to think one of them might be fit all the time is it. :mcinnes:

Valery played a game last week

You make this difficult! I said he wasn't injured and was building towards match fitness with the 60 mins for the u23s. It is not as black and white as you make out with fit or not fit. You build towards full match fitness, even when no longer ill or injured.

You didn’t mention anything about 60 minutes of working his way back to fitness in Friday, in fact you were adamant there was no problem as Valero had played a game last week, your words, no one else’s

250?cb=20171212135714

You didn’t mention anything about 60 minutes of working his way back to fitness in Friday, in fact you were adamant there was no problem as Valero had played a game last week, your words, no one else’s

1) When did I say there was 'no problem'?

2) He did play in a game last week and thus is no longer ill, that was my point which you keep twisting. Do you know the difference between not being ill, being 'fit' and being 'fully match fit'?

You made no mention of the building towards match fitness until later in the discussion after I had raised that point. You said he played for the U23s and was fit. Now it turns out it wasn't even a full game and he's certainly not match fit. Sometimes it's best to just stop digging.

What is the problem?

1) When did I say there was 'no problem'?

2) He did play in a game last week and thus is no longer ill, that was my point which you keep twisting. Do you know the difference between not being ill, being 'fit' and being 'fully match fit'?

“What is the problem?” Implying there wasn’t one as Valery has been back for 3 week

I’m not twisting anything pal. You’re just wrong

250?cb=20171212135714

“What is the problem?” Implying there wasn’t one as Valery has been back for 3 week

I’m not twisting anything pal. You’re just wrong

It is bizarre how much you twist words and don't realise you are doing it! Valery missing the last couple of games is not a problem that required a 3rd right back signed in January, as he is close to being ready to play.

It is bizarre how much you twist words and don't realise you are doing it! Valery missing the last couple of games is not a problem that required a 3rd right back signed in January, as he is close to being ready to play.

It’s bizarre how you said one thing now claiming you said something different and your original comments were taken out of context, despite the fact it’s not just who has pointed it out

250?cb=20171212135714