Terrorist Attacks - WARNING: CONTAINS DISTRESSING IMAGES

sadoldgit

After nearly decapitating Mr Rigby, Adebolajo told witnesses to call the police and said that the killing was because "Muslims are dying daily by British soldiers. And this British soldier is one. It is an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.

"Through many passages in the Koran we must fight them as they fight us."

It's our fault really. The west should be apologising to poor Mr adebolajo. We provoked him into the beheading. Without our warmongering he'd be a model citizen. Edited by hypochondriac

Only in your head. It is obviously to do with Islam, I have never said it is not. You are inventing stuff people have said only to get yourself angry over it - it's a bit weird.
Odd that you'd think words on a screen make someone angry. I'm perfectly calm thanks for the concern. The original inference from soggy was that if we stopped any operations in the middle east that we would not be a target for Islamic extremists. That's obviously nonsense. In the minds of these people, the very way we live our lives makes us a legitimate target.

Surely that's the logical conclusion here? Atrocities committed by Islamic extremists are in reality nothing to do with Islam, its the west who have provoked these law abiding citizens into action.

As ever you try to turn a complex matter into a simplistic one. You don’t seem to understand the concept of cause and effect. Islam Isn’t the problem in itself. The problem comes from an element who interpret the teaching differently. If the West hadn’t caused a reaction to its intervention in the Middle East, why haven’t we had these attacks on our streets prior to the late 90’s? Surely if Muslims were so intent on bringing the infidels down this would have been going on on our streets for centuries? Blaming a religion is lazy and typical of those of a right wing persuasion. Islam is no more crazy than Christianity which is not surprising given that they have the same roots. Fortunately for us, the vast majority of its followers are just as peaceful as you and I. You are quite nationalistic yourself. How would you feel if far more powerful nations were coming over here and getting involved in our lives? Given that you wanted out of the EU I am guessing you would be extremely radical in your response.

Odd that you'd think words on a screen make someone angry. I'm perfectly calm thanks for the concern. The original inference from soggy was that if we stopped any operations in the middle east that we would not be a target for Islamic extremists. That's obviously nonsense. In the minds of these people, the very way we live our lives makes us a legitimate target.

Not once have I said that if we stopped interfering over there then it would stop, but it would be a start. The West have caused far too much negativity for it to stop overnight. Go and read up on anytime in history when more powerful nations impose themselves on weaker ones. There is always a reaction and often it is violent. You try and water this down by saying it is something that only I subscribe to. Many experts on Middle Eastern affairs will tell you the same. It seems that you just want to lay it at the door of everyone who believes in Islam.

As ever you try to turn a complex matter into a simplistic one. You don’t seem to understand the concept of cause and effect. Islam Isn’t the problem in itself. The problem comes from an element who interpret the teaching differently. If the West hadn’t caused a reaction to its intervention in the Middle East, why haven’t we had these attacks on our streets prior to the late 90’s? Surely if Muslims were so intent on bringing the infidels down this would have been going on on our streets for centuries? Blaming a religion is lazy and typical of those of a right wing persuasion. Islam is no more crazy than Christianity which is not surprising given that they have the same roots. Fortunately for us, the vast majority of its followers are just as peaceful as you and I. You are quite nationalistic yourself. How would you feel if far more powerful nations were coming over here and getting involved in our lives? Given that you wanted out of the EU I am guessing you would be extremely radical in your response.

Can you give a Christian example of something similar to say the Iran Islamic revolution? Lazy to compare the two as you are always at pains to do.

Suicide bombings (by Hezbollah) started from West p1ssing off Assad senior from what I know - I am no scholar and rely on likes of Adam Curtis

I thought the original inference was that not bombing muslims would help, not stop it altogether.

You are right, IS hate our way of life and we are all legitimate targets in their eyes. But they use the death and misery caused by Western bombs in the Middle East as propaganda for a reason. An extremist in the UK might hate our way of life (I'm sure there are quite a few) but there is a big difference between that and actually going out and blowing up innocent kids. Something has to make them think that these sort of barbaric act are justified and seeing Israel's treatment of Palestine or the results of Western bombs on muslims in the Middle East might just be the trigger.

I thought the original inference was that not bombing muslims would help, not stop it altogether.

You are right, IS hate our way of life and we are all legitimate targets in their eyes. But they use the death and misery caused by Western bombs in the Middle East as propaganda for a reason. An extremist in the UK might hate our way of life (I'm sure there are quite a few) but there is a big difference between that and actually going out and blowing up innocent kids. Something has to make them think that these sort of barbaric act are justified and seeing Israel's treatment of Palestine or the results of Western bombs on muslims in the Middle East might just be the trigger.

No, having Muslim countries where a large percentage of the country is treated as sub-human has that effect. If an entire population grows up thinking gays should be stoned to death, women are sex slaves, foreign nationals are second class servants and you can hang for drawing a cartoon of the wrong person, then they can easily be lead into becoming barbaric murderers with little or no compassion for others.

If it weren’t for conflicts in the Middle East, it would be something else. Just look at Charlie Hebdo.

No, having Muslim countries where a large percentage of the country is treated as sub-human has that effect. If an entire population grows up thinking gays should be stoned to death, women are sex slaves, foreign nationals are second class servants and you can hang for drawing a cartoon of the wrong person, then they can easily be lead into becoming barbaric murderers with little or no compassion for others.

If it weren’t for conflicts in the Middle East, it would be something else. Just look at Charlie Hebdo.

Indeed. Passages from their holy book give them all the justification they need. I mean the testimony from some of the Rotherham rape victims says that some of these islamists have been quoting passages whilst raping their largely white working class victims. Saying its largely because of bombing in the middle east is just another excuse from some more bashing of the west when the reality is that this sort of behaviour that is unacceptable in our culture would be happening regardless.

Its been said many many times before on this site. It should have sunk in by now but some posters dont want to hear because it interferes with their hate.

The perverted version of Islam is primarily propagated by Saudi Arabia, our ally. They pollute the minds of kids in poor countries who cannot afford to go to school so their only option is Saudi funded Madrassas. By and large if you want to deal with Islamic terrorism deal with the primary pusher. But the west dont want to.

Blaming a religion because our allies peddle a corruption of it is beyond pathetic.

Edited by buctootim

Its been said many many times before on this site. It should have sunk in by now but some posters dont want to hear because it interferes with their hate.

The perverted, hated filled version of Islam is primarily propagated by Saudi Arabia, our ally. They pollute the minds of kids in poor countries who cannot afford to go to school so their only option is Saudi funded Madrassas. By and large if you want to deal with Islamic terrorism deal with the primary peddlar. But the west dont want to.

Blaming a religion because our allies peddle a corruption of it is beyond pathetic.

It is not a corruption of it... the scripture says kill the non believers. They haven't twisted the words, they are doing as the book tells them. It is 'moderate' Muslims who have cherry picked and decided not to kill even though the book instructs them to do so.

Just like the punishment of the 10 commandments for disobeying your mother and father is death... lots of Christians go against God and don't kill their children.

The perverted, hated filled version of Islam is primarily propagated by Saudi Arabia, our ally. They pollute the minds of kids in poor countries who cannot afford to go to school so their only option is Saudi funded Madrassas. By and large if you want to deal with Islamic terrorism deal with the primary peddlar. But the west dont want to.

So life in Iran, which is politically opposed to Saudi Arabia and practice a completely different branch of Islam, is generally fine?

What gives you the right as an unbeliever to proclaim one interpretation as a perversion over another interpretation? Many Muslims would consider more moderate versions of Islam to be the perversion. You are well aware that I could pull up a whole host of qaranic verses that explicitly call for violence, how is that a perversion? I agree though, we should do more to remove the extremism and that would include looking at Saudi influence.

With regards to your sentence about "hate" if you're talking about me, the only hate I have in this topic is for extremist Islam which has resulted in a number of terrible things happening. It should go without saying but there really is no problem with moderates other than there's a debate to be had about how many actually are moderate when you consider views on things like gay marriage for example.

It is not a corruption of it... the scripture says kill the non believers. They haven't twisted the words, they are doing as the book tells them. It is 'moderate' Muslims who have cherry picked and decided not to kill even though the book instructs them to do so.

Just like the punishment of the 10 commandments for disobeying your mother and father is death... lots of Christians go against God and don't kill their children.

And as I already said, if we develop a problem where we have spates of child killings in the UK where extremist Christians murder their children for disobedience and use bible verses to justify their actions then I would be just as critical and calling for similar action from churches.

And as I already said, if we develop a problem where we have spates of child killings in the UK where extremist Christians murder their children for disobedience and use bible verses to justify their actions then I would be just as critical and calling for similar action from churches.

Scripture in the Bible is used as a justification for children not having blood transfusions and some have died due to their parents refusing treatment for them.

Scripture in the Bible is used as a justification for children not having blood transfusions and some have died due to their parents refusing treatment for them.
I don't think that should happen. I'd support overriding parents' wishes in that scenario. It's not really a comparable problem on the same scale though and it's something that could easily be solved with a law change.

More than “lots” don’t kill their children thank goodness!

Re your point about blood transfusions. I used to know a family of ex Jehovah’s Witnesses. Very nice people but they were adamant that they would refuse a blood transfusion even if it were a matter of life or death. Madness.

Exactly. Islam is no different to any of Abrahamic religions. The vast majority of Christians, Jews and Muslims follow an updated version that fits modern life. Only Islam suffers from state sponsored attempts to drag the world back to 2,000 years ago.

So life in Iran, which is politically opposed to Saudi Arabia and practice a completely different branch of Islam, is generally fine?

Its theocracy which stinks. But life in Iran is infinitely preferable to life in North Korea which practices a different form of autocracy.

Exactly. Islam is no different to any of Abrahamic religions. The vast majority of Christians, Jews and Muslims follow an updated version that fits modern life. Only Islam suffers from state sponsored attempts to drag the world back to 2,000 years ago.
How many Christian extremists are currently running people down in the UK, beheading people and blowing themselves up and pointing to specific verses from their holy book which explicitly call for violence when they do it?

How many ex Christians receive death and rape threats for making fun of god or for simply stating they have left the religion? How many Christians in the UK are gang raping young women and specifically point to verses in the bible and their opinion of these women as unbelievers as their justification?

Edited by hypochondriac

Its theocracy which stinks. But life in Iran is infinitely preferable to life in North Korea which practices a different form of autocracy.

Who mentioned North Korea and how is it relevant? Nobody claimed Islam had the monopoly on despotic regimes. Perhaps Iran is better for some of its citizens, although I think the women setting themselves on fire might not be so thrilled with it.

Your argument is basically akin to running up to a man in the street, kicking him in the nads and saying, "at least you don’t have bone cancer."

Is that a coincidence? How come all these regimes are dragging Islam back to the dark ages? How is it the state dragging the religion down? What is the motivation for that?

Taking Brunei as an example, what do they gain by introducing the death penalty for gays? Are the Saudis paying them to do that or do they profit in some other way?

How many Christian extremists are currently running people down in the UK, beheading people and blowing themselves up and pointing to specific verses from their holy book which explicitly call for violence when they do it?

How many ex Christians receive death and rape threats for making fun of god or for simply stating they have left the religion? How many Christians in the UK are gang raping young women and specifically point to verses in the bible and their opinion of these women as unbelievers as their justification?

You can’t say these things because MLG has oh so often told us that the bible condones all of those things, therefore this is wrong

You can’t say these things because MLG has oh so often told us that the bible condones all of those things, therefore this is wrong

Are you denying the Bible condones rape? It has passages where God commands genocides but allows his choosen tribe to keep the virgins for themselves. How odd you decide to cherry pick the book and ignore those bits! :rolleyes:

Are you denying the Bible condones rape? It has passages where God commands genocides but allows his choosen tribe to keep the virgins for themselves. How odd you decide to cherry pick the book and ignore those bits! :rolleyes:

Yeah Christianity is all about raping in God’s name. Thick fcker

Yeah Christianity is all about raping in God’s name. Thick fcker

I did not say it was all about it. But God of the Bible thinks it is fine, as he also does for slavery and genocide.

Deuteronomy 20:10-14

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

He also thinks that rape victims should marry their rapists!

Deuteronomy 22:28-29

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

You need to read the book before calling me a 'thick ****er'! :mcinnes:

The circular arguments go on and on. The bottom line is that you are more likely to be murdered by someone who is not an Islamic extremist but there is less outrage about us killing each other than being killed by Muslims. There is less outrage about our clergy abusing children than there is about Muslims doing the same. There are a number of sick f***ers out there doing sick things and blaming one religious doctrine ignores the real problem - human beings always have and always will kill, maim and rape other human beings regardless of nationality or religion.

The circular arguments go on and on. The bottom line is that you are more likely to be murdered by someone who is not an Islamic extremist but there is less outrage about us killing each other than being killed by Muslims. There is less outrage about our clergy abusing children than there is about Muslims doing the same. There are a number of sick f***ers out there doing sick things and blaming one religious doctrine ignores the real problem - human beings always have and always will kill, maim and rape other human beings regardless of nationality or religion.

Is religious doctrine a factor in Pakistani grooming gangs and Islamic terrorist attacks? Yes or no. (prediction: you won't answer.)

I did not say it was all about it. But God of the Bible thinks it is fine, as he also does for slavery and genocide.

As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

I can imagine you stumping the Archbishop of Canterbury with you such in depth knowledge and understanding. As I said quite thick.

I have read it and whilst you look up verses on Google you have no understanding of any context. Just a halfwit thinking he is clever

And you are at pains to never condemn because it would compromise your liberated left wing thinking.

I can imagine you stumping the Archbishop of Canterbury with you such in depth knowledge and understanding. As I said quite thick.

I have read it and whilst you look up verses on Google you have no understanding of any context. Just a halfwit thinking he is clever

1) I'd love you to explain why you think God say that rape victims should marry their rapists is a good thing!

2) I'd love you to explain why you think God ordering the slaughter of thousands and keeping the woman to enjoy them as spoils of war is a good think!

I find it bizarre you think there is any context where either of those things is from a kind and loving God! Stop making excuses for an evil fictional character!

Do you know who was driving force for abolishing slavery in the UK and why?

Do you know what was used as a justification for slavery... the Bible

The God of the Bible outlines who you can own, how long you can own them for, how you can punish them and how much they cost. The Bible supports slavery! ffs :mcinnes:

What criteria are you using to call thing evil?

Well being. Is something positive or negative to someone's well being. The God of the Bible has rules that negatively impact on people, he instructs genocide, rape, slavery, sexism... those are all negative to well being and thus that God is evil.

Is it good for the mental health of a rape victim to be forced to marry their rapist? The God of the Bible instructs rape victim to marry their rapists.

As per usual, you’re just a man/woman out of context.

The passage you’ve quoted is referring to a group of people so insanely evil and apostate they basically needed to have a word with themselves.

Don’t like the Ten Commandments (which they all knew about) then expect the punishment. Why do you struggle with rules and laws?

As per usual, you’re just a man/woman out of context.

The passage you’ve quoted is referring to a group of people so insanely evil and apostate they basically needed to have a word with themselves.

So them being evil justifies genocide and rape being ordered by God on them? And this is a 'kind and loving' God? :mcinnes:

Don’t like the Ten Commandments (which they all knew about) then expect the punishment. Why do you struggle with rules and laws?

Do you have children? Have they ever been disobedient? Did you kill them as the God of the Bible instructs? If not... why not?

If you don't have children, would you kill them as the Bible instructs... if not... why not?

And btw Matthew le duck

Those people in Deuteronomy were sacrificing children, so f*****g right their a-holes should be handed to them on a f*****g platter...

Funny how you didn’t get that far, isn’t it! Unless you agree with sacrificing children.

As I said, you’re just a man/woman/duck out of context

So them being evil justifies genocide and rape being ordered by God on them? And this is a 'kind and loving' God? :mcinnes:

Do you have children? Have they ever been disobedient? Did you kill them as the God of the Bible instructs? If not... why not?

If you don't have children, would you kill them as the Bible instructs... if not... why not?

Im inclined to agree with Whelk here I’m afraid...

https://www.bibleinfo.com/en/topics/ten-commandments-list

Where does it say I should kill my children?