Saints V Man United - Post Match Reactions

St Chalet

Totally undeserved win for Utd.....Only 1 team in it for most of the game. Terrible lino, some poor decisions defensively by us and a gutting defeat.

I would say all the Saints team can hold their heads up really high. They played out of their skins and should have won that game.

Only one team deserves to win this, but lost in classic Saints style. Everyone was great except Forester who I would be happy never to see play for us again. Overall game lost by Les Reed and the ineptitude with the defensive situation. If we had two experienced defenders and a goalie today would have been a victory.

Unlucky, but the lads never gave in. Most teams 2-0 down would have capitulated.

One bonus (I'm clutching at straws a bit here) no Europe next season so we'll have a better league campaign, and go for it in both cups next season.

Finally, a massive applause to all the supporters at Wembley. You outsung them, you were loud, and did the club proud.

Only one team deserves to win this, but lost in classic Saints style. Everyone was great except Forester who I would be happy never to see play for us again. Overall game lost by Les Reed and the ineptitude with the defensive situation. If we had two experienced defenders and a goalie today would have been a victory.

Get a life.....Was it Forster that gave away the free kick for their first? Was it Forster that left Zlatan unmarked?

All our team played really, really well. I am greatly encouraged by what Puel has achieved on the training ground and this bodes well for next season.

The best Cup Final for years.

Anyone who finds something to moan about after that performance should go support another team as far as I'm concerned.

Heads held high, it's football....

Well done...!!

This, quite a few times over.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Great effort today, absolutely superb. My god it's painful watching those ****as collecting their 45th (?) major trophy when we've just undeservedly missed out on our 2nd. Have to say though, Forster terrible for the free kick and we just gave them far too much space for the 2nd.

Typically lucky Man Utd, I seriously hate Man Utd as a football club, proid of the lads though they deserved the win, were the better team throughout but Utd fluke it thanks to the lino.

But meh, Pogba cost more money than our whole team pretty much, Man Utd bought that trophy, if we'd won it we would have earned it, they;ve spent what like half a billion in transfers over the last 5 years and it gets them a fluke league cup win where they had to rely on a 35 year old and the lino.

Just a shame our team can't play like this more often, we'd probably be in the top 6 and still in the other cups if they could put the same performance in against Hull and the like.

Proud and very bitter at the first goal being ruled out , how the he'll a professional linesman can be that wrong is beyond words , but it was always going to happen tbf no one wanted us to win that game but imo we dominated and the best team lost !

Magnificent performance just so gutting to lose after having one incorrectly ruled out and then coming from 2 nil down.

3 rd goal was particularly galling as in came from our own corner once again.

Thought gabbiadini was excellent but looked tired and long was a millimetre from getting the winner.

Forster continues to have a poor season.

Anyone who finds something to moan about after that performance should go support another team as far as I'm concerned.

Heads held high, it's football....

Well done...!!

Exactly, we played very well. Unfortunately, we came up against a clinical team with more money than we can imagine.

If we play like that against Watford we will demolish them.