Eastleigh Tonight

Give it to Ron

No word of the squad on the OS preview, any guesses?

GK - Bart

RB - ?

CB - Martin

CB - Tafazoli

LB - Reeves

RM - Oxlade-Chamberlain

CM - McNish

CM - Pulis

LM - Holmes

CF - Doble

CF - ?

Feel that it would be stronger than that tbh, Pardew needs to get his XI sorted ready for Saturday

I reckon it might be:

GK - Davis

RB - Butterfield

CB - Martin

CB - Fonte

LB - Dickson

RM - Mills

CM - Wotton

CM - Hammond

LM - Holmes

ST - Barnard

ST - Connolly

Not you, mate. That team.

that's what i thought, but i'm not sure what else we expected tbh.

You couldn't expect the likes of barnard/fonte/jaidi/harding/dickson etc to play again, just 2 days after their last match, in the buildup to the first game of the season.

and it's also sensible not risking the likes of lambo/morgan and co. Always had a feeling this would be a saints XI game.

that's what i thought, but i'm not sure what else we expected tbh.

You couldn't expect the likes of barnard/fonte/jaidi/harding/dickson etc to play again, just 2 days after their last match, in the buildup to the first game of the season.

and it's also sensible not risking the likes of lambo/morgan and co. Always had a feeling this would be a saints XI game.

You're wrong mate. It's f*cking mental.

So, we've had a pre-season where half the first XI have barely featured, if at all.

Genius. Inspired strategy.

So much for the well-oiled machine in the groove.

This friendly is completely meaningless.

you'd be the first one to start a reactionary thread if one of our first team were injured in this game tbf alps.

So, we've had a pre-season where half the first XI have barely featured, if at all.

FFS the players who havent't played are injured. No team will play an injured player. It would be pointless for players who featured against Reading to play again, they have had the minutes and were much better served by playing Reading than Eastleigh.

Talk about finding fault with absolutely anything....

Anyone who expected the full team is mental. Its a chance for fringe players, Martin, OC etc to prove they are good enough.

They've had that all pre-season thanks to the bizarre strategy the management have employed, whereby you dont actually field the team that consists of your first XI if you can avoid it.

FFS the players who havent't played are injured. No team will play an injured player. It would be pointless for players who featured against Reading to play again, they have had the minutes and were much better served by playing Reading than Eastleigh.

Talk about finding fault with absolutely anything....

You're right. I think the whole pre-season has been utter w*nk.

As long as they are fit enough (switzerland) then they were already good enough so don't see the problem really? Losing games isn't ideal obviously, nor is failing to be teams like Sutton Utd, but i would rather that than having ouf best players injured

Nah, we're doomed and going down.

Its part of the payment for the defender we got from them last summer. Says so on OS so we have to play them. Look for info before starting to complain please.

They've had that all pre-season thanks to the bizarre strategy the management have employed, whereby you dont actually field the team that consists of your first XI if you can avoid it.

Alpine do you not realise that every team in every season has pre season games for the 1st team, reserve teams, youth teams and combinations of the three?

No team in England has pre-seasons where the 1st XI plays in every friendly. Tonight's game against Eastleigh is an under 21 development squad friendly. Should these players not have any games in pre season?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Alpine do you not realise that every team in every season has pre season games for the 1st team, reserve teams, youth teams and combinations of the three?

No team in England has pre-seasons where the 1st XI plays in every friendly. Tonight's game against Eastleigh is a under 21 development squad friendly. Should these players not have any games in pre season?

Of course they should. I dont see that excludes the possibility of trying the team you actually intend to fight this campaign with when given the chance, though...