The Official Summer Transfers and HCDAJFU Thread

supersonic

Francis would be quality on a free, quite versatile as well I hear, he can play across the back 4 and in midfield. Think I also mentioned Nathan Tyson a few pages back (although tbf, i'm not sure there's a player I haven't mentioned!), he would be absolutely quality at this level. Pace to burn and quite a big lad too, good in the air as well. Would be ecstatic if that particular transfer was pulled off, a front-line of Lambert/Barnard/Connolly/Tyson is definitely above this level and they could score bucketloads between them.

Sorry Clarky, you have a right to your own opinion but to say Harding is quick?? get off the pipe buddy, Lallana and Puncheon aren't exactly sprinters either.

I think the general consensus amongst fans is we need more pace, it is a vital ingredient in modern day football.

Right now as far as options go, we don't have much pace down the flanks, we have no direct replacement for Lambo if he gets injured and we don't have a quick striker to play alongside Lambo who can stretch defenders as another option.

Also the position of massive need is still centre mid. Morgan played well last season, however we need a holding player particularly if we want to play 4-5-1 and we have no quality beyond Morgan and Hammond as Wotton really should be transfer listed.

BTW - Please tell me we didnt waste £200 on a ticket to Switzerland for Pulis??

depending on how old......could be good though

I think it has more to do with the way he left us to be honest - went back on his word by all accounts!

good riddance in my opinion - the words slow, lumbering and the phrase turning circle of a tanker all spring to mind!

Tyson and/or Simeon Jackson are the type of striker we need up front to play off Lambert.

Has anybody forgotten about Gobern. I have a feeling that he will be like a new transfer this season.
I'd have thought the same about Kayne McLaggon before he was released. Shame about the injury.

10.13 Crystal Palace have parted ways with veteran striker Stern John and are hoping to sign a new forward.

Don't think Pards would welcome him back, but......

Awwwwww, hell no. (In the words of Will Smith)

I see lower down in the same article...

Watford are considering offering a two-year deal to John Rooney - 19-year-old brother of Wayne - whose contract at Macclesfield ran out at the end of the season.

Would rather have Jackson than Rooney!

I'd echo those who are advocating Simon Francis - he is ideal as can cover Frazer R but also provide the extra CB cover that we lack after Perry's retirement (I know Martin is promising but let's not rush him). Tyson would be a brilliant signing but if he's played 40 games for a NPC club that finished in the play offs would he really drop a level? The only reason I can see is if he has a girlfriend/wife or family connections in the South East and needs to leave Nottingham. Even so, Reading would clear favourites if they were keen. Mind you, it might free up Antonio coming to us!

Well it seems as if players are trying to take advantage of the fact we're minted...

More news from the ITK player:

Aliadiare wants 22k a week!

Jackson IS in talks after a fee was agreed with Gillingham.

----

Not much else to report unfortunately , all a bit quiet really :?

Well it seems as if players are trying to take advantage of the fact we're minted...

----

No way is Aliadiare worth that amount. Thanks for the update St L.

----

Just shows what a joke football and many footballers have become!

I have confidence that Cortese and Pardew will spot the mercenaries and keep them away from our squad, our players need to have the right attitude to bring us success and being money focused in League 1 is crazy. It may though mean that we will have to shop mainly in the lower leagues and abroad until we are getting close to the premier league.

We can treble players like Jacksons wages without breaking our wage structure - or would that make him a mercenary.....?

Would like to think Cortese is offering all these players a high-ish League One wage with a massive bonus/rise with promotion.

22k for Aliadiere is about 20k too much.

totally agree, what's he ever achieved to even earn half that amount? No one will touch him with demands like that

Simeon jackson is a much more realsitic option in terms of wage demands, wouldn't be surprised to see him sign. We're just building a team of L1 all-stars.

totally agree, what's he ever achieved to even earn half that amount? No one will touch him with demands like that

Simeon jackson is a much more realsitic option in terms of wage demands, wouldn't be surprised to see him sign. We're just building a team of L1 all-stars.

Simeon Jackson is hardly a league 1 all-star is he ??? lol

Saw in the papers this morning Ipswich have rejected £100k from Palace for Owen Garvan.

I believe he is on the transfer list and would be perfect for our missing man in central midfield IMO.

HCDAVGJFU. Was very highly rated as a kid iirc, I think he turned down Fulham and Celtic to join Ipswich, where he was a first team regular for a couple of years but less so last season. Like Morgan and Lallana I think he needs a new start in a lower league. sign him up

Not saying he won't be good, he may very well be, i hope we sign him and i hope i am wrong.

I just think 750k is a lot for a player that IMO has not solidified a reputation at league 1 level.

Fair point. Not to mention the fact that he's out of contract in next summer. I'll trust Pards, whoever signs. He's got a hell of a record with us in the transfer market thus far.

Apologies if already posted but Lines has denied any transfer speculation surrounding him (We're mentioned in the article)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_rovers/8806488.stm

very much text book answer/quote by Lines! If I were a Rovers fans I would prefer to hear "I staying 100%" or words to that effect. Everything else suggests he's covering all options and that a move away is definitely in his head!

Apologies if already posted but Lines has denied any transfer speculation surrounding him (We're mentioned in the article)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_rovers/8806488.stm

Why did he say "there's nothing concrete"? Sounds to me like we've gone in for him but nothing has materialised yet for some reason. Got to say I would prefer we got Lines than Danns, who looks like a very average player to me.

Made some games much more exciting last season, knocking the ball past the last man, then sprinting for the penalty area. Smashed a great goal in the JPT. However, he doesn't have any close control and should have learned by now, so probably won't be good enough for the top flight and not good enough to spend a lot of money on - 100k great, but 500k?