Who's going to the Olympics?

Guided Missile

I won 4 tickets for the Basketball finals last year, but got a bit pi $$ed of with the site today. I wanted athletics, but couldn't get a thing.........

....then I discovered the French website selling tickets as a part of an accomodation package and I'm now going to the 200m finals. £500 a head including two nights and breakfast in a hotel and tickets to two sessions of athletics on the 9th August wasn't too bad and there was only two hopes of getting the same tickets on the official London site today...Bob and F*** All...

I'm going to watch the Sailing courtesy of my other half's work place.

I think the whole Olympics thing will be a massive anti-climax though. There is going to be alot of bored people sat around in stadiums wondering why they forked out hundreds of pounds to watch some sport they wouldn't usually cross a road to watch for free.

got tickets for 4th august evening,reckon i got a good deal dai greene in 400 mts hurdles semi final jessica in last heptathalon event and mo farrah in 10.000mts final so hoping to see at least 2 medals,hopefully gold

Athletics

Olympic Park - Olympic Stadium

Men's 400m Hurdles: semi-finals

Men's 10,000m: final

Men's Long Jump: final

Men's Shot Put: victory ceremony

Men's 20km Race Walk: victory ceremony

Women's 100m: semi-finals, final

Women's 400m: semi-finals

Women's 10,000m: victory ceremony

Women's Discus: final, victory ceremony

Women's Heptathlon: 800m, victory ceremony

Edited by action man
more to add

I have two tickets or the last day of the athletics

Men's 5000m: final, victory ceremony

Men's 4 x 100m Relay: final, victory ceremony

Men's 4 x 400m Relay: victory ceremony

Men's Pole Vault: victory ceremony

Men's Javelin: final, victory ceremony

Men's 50km Race Walk: victory ceremony

Women's 800m: final, victory ceremony

Women's 4 x 400m Relay: final, victory ceremony

Women's High Jump: final, victory ceremony

Women's Hammer: victory ceremony

Women's 20km Race Walk: victory ceremony

got tickets for 4th august evening,reckon i got a good deal dai greene in 400 mts hurdles semi final jessica in last heptathalon event and mo farrah in 10.000mts final so hoping to see at least 2 medals,hopefully gold

My mate is going to that session too. I applied for loads and only ended up with tickets to the tennis. Should see some decent players as it's Number 1 court but I can't help but think the crowd will be full of those sort of people who like to wear Union Jack hats and turn up at Royal events on the Mall.

I hope it rains.

I have two tickets or the last day of the athletics

Men's 5000m: final, victory ceremony

Men's 4 x 100m Relay: final, victory ceremony

Men's 4 x 400m Relay: victory ceremony

Men's Pole Vault: victory ceremony

Men's Javelin: final, victory ceremony

Men's 50km Race Walk: victory ceremony

Women's 800m: final, victory ceremony

Women's 4 x 400m Relay: final, victory ceremony

Women's High Jump: final, victory ceremony

Women's Hammer: victory ceremony

Women's 20km Race Walk: victory ceremony

I've got athletics the day before, but can't remember exactly whats going on. 4x400m Mens final I think.

I'm going to watch the Sailing courtesy of my other half's work place.

I think the whole Olympics thing will be a massive anti-climax though. There is going to be alot of bored people sat around in stadiums wondering why they forked out hundreds of pounds to watch some sport they wouldn't usually cross a road to watch for free.

I agree with this.

I logged on to the resale site yesterday *****il it became clear it wasn't working) and then realised that actually the only events I would pay money to watch are Athletics, Hockey and Boxing. If I had gone a bit silly in the first round and ended up with £50 tickets to the Archery or the Water Polo or something I may have been excited at first but let's face it, the atmosphere will be ****e - - especially for those of us used to going to footy matches - and the sport will be unengaging.

Not interested in the London part but may go to Weymouth for the sailing bit. Anyone who lives within 40 miles of London can make a bloody killing renting their property to athletes so I am told???

40 miles?? I doubt it! Fleet is within 40 miles and I certainly wouldn't have thought anyone would want to rent here, for the Olympics.

Interested to know how you know it's team GB?

It's a group match and Team GB were spefically down as playing. One ticket covers two different group matches.

From the Telegraph

"Coached by Stuart Pearce, they will begin their Olympic campaign at Old Trafford on Thursday July 26, followed by fixtures at Wembley Stadium on Sunday July 29 and the Millennium Stadium on Wednesday Aug 1.

Hope Powell's women's team will begin the tournament with back-to-back fixtures at the Millennium Stadium on Wednesday, July 25 and Saturday July 28 before moving to Wembley Stadium for their final group game on Tuesday July 31. "

Edited by anothersaintinsouthsea

It's a group match and Team GB were spefically down as playing. One ticket covers two different group matches.

From the Telegraph

"Coached by Stuart Pearce, they will begin their Olympic campaign at Old Trafford on Thursday July 26, followed by fixtures at Wembley Stadium on Sunday July 29 and the Millennium Stadium on Wednesday Aug 1.

Hope Powell's women's team will begin the tournament with back-to-back fixtures at the Millennium Stadium on Wednesday, July 25 and Saturday July 28 before moving to Wembley Stadium for their final group game on Tuesday July 31. "

Cheers for that. Interesting.

Very little accommodation available now within 25 - 30 miles!! Athletes, their family etc!

In that case; great size house, large garden, ready to rent to Olympians for London 2012. Fleet station to Waterloo is 44 minutes, trains every 20 minutes. Yours for £15k for the London 2012 Olympic duration.

Now where do I put that advert?? :lol:

Not interested in the London part but may go to Weymouth for the sailing bit. Anyone who lives within 40 miles of London can make a bloody killing renting their property to athletes so I am told???

Camp here and watch it for free.

http://www.eweleaze.co.uk/

We camped there last year and it's excellent. There's loads of room and you can have fires. It also has a private bay and would give you a fantastic view of the boats doing whatever they do..

My Daughter got something to do with Horses, she was well happy.

My mate down here owns a company doing stadium erection work (yeah lots of jokes - fastest erections in the business - once up stays up)

Anyway he's building the Beach Volleyball stadium....

Even then I couldn't be bothered. Wanna look at chick's bums? meh Bangkok & The Dolls House is cheaper to fly to....

Which is another way of saying. Good luck & hope you enjoy to everyone going, but it ain't my thing, thanks to our krap satellite providers down here ain't seen and Olypmics since before I landed here in '93, only snippets on Sky News. The value will be what it does for London (& other locations) on the International stage. All those ME tourists heading down for a week in Portland after it all finishes......

Wasn't glastonbury going to be cancelled due to a lack of portaloos?

Last year should have been their fallow year but the suppliers told them Portaloos would be a problem this year (and security guards) so they switched fallow years.

Interetsingly the company that build some of the stages are also involved in the Olympics and wouldn't have had enough equipment to build both (as they found out last June)

• 4 months later...
Didn't get any and will be sulking stating that the best seat in the house is in my front room watching the telly.

Now have mens 100m final tickets, so obviously the best seat in the house is not in my front room. Feeling very smug.

The way ticket sales has been dealt with has been nothing short of a disgrace, and I have tickets. Our TO could teach this lot a thing or two and that's saying something.

James Pearce tweeted at 10.45 yesterday that tickets were going on sale at 11.00 on Sunday and not 11.00 on Monday as advertised.

Chap I was stood next to, watching our nippers play football, logged straight onto the 2012 website at 11.00 and got 4 evening tickets for the athletics.

Job done

Going to Kerdiff to watch Team GB v Uruguay (plus the tickets also include the Mexico game)

Then got two tickets to watch Beach Volleyball (one Mens match, one Womens match)

The torch goes past my house next Thursday too...I am one of the few who is genuinely excited about the Olympics!

We did get them ones too!

Sunday afternoon with Medals. See you there?

For watching Greco-Roman wrestling, you deserve medals!

It's the fuss about the torch that amazes me. Towns all round the country are planning to come to halt for the day, just because someone we've never heard of will drive close with a bit of metal in a van, then one of them will get out and jog for a bit with the bit of metal, then they'll put the torch back in its van and get back in their coaches, and drive to the next town.

Once you learn that it is driven in a van further than it is carried by a runner , and that the flame usually goes out quite often, it rather loses its 'magic' doesn't it?

Mixed bag ... a couple of mornings at the Athletics ... mainly heats, good seats for the rowing final at Eton Dorney and football semi final at Wembley (hope GB make it and are drawn at Wembley but not sure venues are allocated?).

I've got basketball and volleyball tickets! Looking forward to it! Also got athletic and swimming tickets for Paralympics, should also be very good experience!

As noted above it's a shame that alot of tickets have gone to people who do t really care an will get bored easily! Tickets shoulda been available to sport organisations and local teams first, ie swimming clubs shove got swimming tickets!

I won 4 tickets for the Basketball finals last year, but got a bit pi $$ed of with the site today. I wanted athletics, but couldn't get a thing.........

....then I discovered the French website selling tickets as a part of an accomodation package and I'm now going to the 200m finals. £500 a head including two nights and breakfast in a hotel and tickets to two sessions of athletics on the 9th August wasn't too bad and there was only two hopes of getting the same tickets on the official London site today...Bob and F*** All...

Roll-on August 12th Closing ceremony, - the day the circus leaves town

HUGE news down here this week.

OSN have won the rights to show the Olympics.

It is the first time since I came here in 1993 that the TV rights have been on a Satellite Provider that MOST of us actually have access to.

I'm actually now starting to get interested, the ONLY Olympic coverage I have been able to see in ALL those years had been on Sky News. This year FINALLY I will have it on 4 channels and with ENGLISH commentary!

WOOT

If you still want tickets James Pearce on Twitter keeps posting links IF you know anyone in EU.

(ie PM one of the expats in EU and go get some)