• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

I'm not wishing him dead because he voted the other way. I did it because he's a racist.

And even then, it's Wes Tender - it's not the actual person. How can I wish someone dead that I don't know anything about? I would hope that his opinions away from the forum are less forceful and pronounced than they are on here - otherwise surely the threats of violence towards Shurlock, the support of violence if Brexit was stopped and his unpalatable view on Arabs are more of a worry.

Ha he is racist and you are not. 100% v 0%

Would be worrying to live in your simple polarised world where you are the good guy.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/work/government-stages-rehearsal-for-losing-your-job-after-brexit-20190108181086

THOUSANDS of Britons have pretended to lose their job so they will be prepared for it really happening once we leave the EU.

The latest emergency planning means that when Brexit damages the economy, workers will be able to slide into unemployment quickly and efficiently.

Forklift driver Roy Hobbs said: “It went really well. I feel much more confident now about having a traumatic conversation with my boss as he lays me off and I try not to shout.

“When I’m made redundant for real I’ll know exactly which channels have the least bad daytime TV and the best recruitment websites for **** service sector jobs.”

Beauty salon owner Donna Sheridan said: “I even tried a patronising ‘back to work’ scheme where you’re told to wash your hair before job interviews.

“For a Leave voter like me it was a great chance to practise shifting the blame. I’m going to whine about how everything would have been fine with a ‘proper Brexiter’ in charge.”

Not know them personally. I don't know Boris Johnson personally, but I wouldn't wish him dead as I know things about him. I know nothing about Wes Tender - not a jot. It's wishing death on a non-entity on a forum.

And I'm extremely calm - I had a nice cuddle in bed with the kids this morning, a decent commute into work and have quite an easy day today. I'm pretty calm thanks.

Anyway, back on topic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46789565

You know he's a human being though, and a fellow Saints supporter.

I suppose this is a bit where if I were a Brexiteer I would say you remoaners are showing their true colours and you are all scum, Jihadis blah blah blah. I wont though as it is clearly you who has issues.

Yep, Tommy Robinson’s lot, and strongly pro Brexit quelled surprise. 52% of the electorate voted with scum like that, actually it much higher in England (and to an extent Wales) so let’s not cover the Scots and Northern Irish with English stupidity and chav behaviours.

Irony of them shouting ‘Nazi’ at Soubry is that they need to have a look in the mirror - holocaust denial, overt and aggressive racism, xenophobia - yes it is all reminiscent of 1930s in Germany. Throw in the anti Semitic attitudes of Corbyn’s lot and it really is becoming a grim little dump of a country. If Robinson’s lot want to portray themselves as the Brexiteer general public, be my guest.

They all bang on about being a traitor yet I bet none of that lot have ever done a day’s military service (or even work). No deal Brexit doesn’t really impact on them then does it?

As for shouting sexual threats at Soubry and Kay Burley, pathetic, go and watch Green Street again and have a toss. Football holliganism is about their level although most firms probably wouldn’t want them either.

LD’s green vests for you.

Although I would have though screaming facist was a compliment from these cnts.

George Galloway got beaten up and nobody in Westminster gave a shiny Shiite. Just because a few Neanderthals called Sloshbry & little Owen Jones nasty names, the snowflakes are all melting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What about? What about?

Looking at you shiny new avatar can only conclude they’re your comrades?

I actually heard it live and only assumed it must be the Brexit executables.

George Galloway got beaten up and nobody in Westminster gave a shiny Shiite. Just because a few Neanderthals called Sloshbry & little Owen Jones nasty names, the snowflakes are all melting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well let's do a bit of totting up. The same group of Yaxley-Lennonites, wearing their yellow vests, have:

- refused to allow an ambulance pass over Westminster Bridge, despite its being on an emergency and running blue lights

- racially abused an Asian journalist reporting for Sky News

- harassed and threatened Anna Soubry

- racially abused a remain campaigner, Femi Oluwole, for the offence of being black and wearing a yellow vest

If you're proud to be associated with these scumbags, as your avatar suggests you are, that's your choice. But we're then free to conclude that your general argument applies to the racist abuse in particular: that black and brown people should just suck it up when they're abused and threatened.

Which would make you just as much a racist thug.

Well let's do a bit of totting up. The same group of Yaxley-Lennonites, wearing their yellow vests, have:

- refused to allow an ambulance pass over Westminster Bridge, despite its being on an emergency and running blue lights

- racially abused a remain campaigner, Femi Oluwole, for the offence of being black and wearing a yellow vest

If you're proud to be associated with these scumbags, as your avatar suggests you are, that's your choice. But we're then free to conclude that your general argument applies to the racist abuse in particular: that black and brown people should just suck it up when they're abused and threatened.

Why don't you call them jihadists again you straight jacket avoiding loon.

He didn’t think his apu avatar quite hit the spot enough.

Calm down Mr Army. You might accidentally issue a fatwa.

So where do you stand on abusing black and brown people? Good thing?

That depends on your definition of abuse and if they are being shouted at because of their ethnicity or race or if it's for other reasons. Anna Soubry can hardly claim she is being subjected to "sexist" abuse when commies like little Owen are getting the same treatment. I don't think anyone should be "abused" but calling someone a nazi- however ill advised and wrong- is not against the law and is not tantamount to abuse, particularly because remainders have been calling directly or insinuating the exact same thing for years now. Edited by hypochondriac

Calm down Mr Army. You might accidentally issue a fatwa.

So where do you stand on abusing black and brown people? Good thing?

What has that got to do with you calling people that have a different political opinion to you, jihadists?

Wouldn't be like you to use a straw man. :lol:

Bit different when you’ve got a man twice your size, foaming at the mouth, shouting it in your face.
I watched the video and it's dishonest to suggest she suffered anything but the very mildest forms of shouting near to her. All the stuff you've mentioned like the blokes height or that he was "foaming at the mouth" is never something you'd be bringing up with little Owen Jones was having a rally and screaming bile at the "fash." Where were all the calls for police when Farage was getting assaulted?

O'Neil is right as usual that there is stunning hypocrisy on the issue.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/01/08/i-know-how-anna-soubry-feels/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by hypochondriac

I watched the video and it's dishonest to suggest she suffered anything but the very mildest forms of shouting near to her. All the stuff you've mentioned like the blokes height or that he was "foaming at the mouth" is never something you'd be bringing up with little Owen Jones was having a rally and screaming bile at the "fash." Where were all the calls for police when Farage was getting assaulted?

O'Neil is right as usual that there is stunning hypocrisy on the issue.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/01/08/i-know-how-anna-soubry-feels/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Soubry is a woman. Farage can more than handle themselves. So can prominent remainers like Alastair Campbell who’ve also received plenty of abuse.

Edited by shurlock

Owen Jones maybe delicate and dainty but he’s a man. Farage is too. They can more than handle themselves.
Plenty of female leave voters have been screamed at in the street and subject to all sorts of nasty slurs yet not a peep. I don't think shouting at any individual regardless of their gender should be illegal and it seems the police are really struggling to find a crime that has been committed so it seems that they agree. Anna Soubry seems to think they "crossed a line." I'd be interested to know who defines what the line is and where she thinks they had committed a criminal act (and also if she'd be so quick to talk about this if it was little Owen and his posse shouting similar a those she disagrees with.)

Having said that I don't think anyone should be shouting and calling people nazi and fascist because it's idiotic and pathetic and waters down that particular insult when it's actually true.

Edited by hypochondriac

Plenty of leave voters have been screamed at in the street and subject to all sorts of nasty slurs yet not a peep. I don't think shouting at any individual regardless of their gender should be illegal and it seems the police are really struggling to find a crime that has been committed so it seems that they agree.

Having said that I don't think anyone should be shouting and calling people nazi and fascist because it's idiotic and pathetic and waters down that particular insult when it's actually true.

I couldn’t give two f**ks about the Nazi label -other than it being historically literate. That it’s uttered by far right cretins only makes it more thick and pig ignorant.

By contrast, gender clearly does matter, especially when there’s an undercurrent of physical intimidation. It’s out of order, whether it’s directed Anna Soubry or Kate Hoey (though as far as I know Hoey hasn’t been subject to the same abuse).

Edited by shurlock

Plenty of female leave voters have been screamed at in the street and subject to all sorts of nasty slurs yet not a peep. I don't think shouting at any individual regardless of their gender should be illegal and it seems the police are really struggling to find a crime that has been committed so it seems that they agree. Anna Soubry seems to think they "crossed a line." I'd be interested to know who defines what the line is and where she thinks they had committed a criminal act (and also if she'd be so quick to talk about this if it was little Owen and his posse shouting similar a those she disagrees with.)

She's obviously got no criminal law knowledge if she think's a crime has been committed. It's not right, and it is worse for a women receiving it from a man, but it's not illegal.

I couldn’t give two f**ks about the Nazi label -other than it being historically literate, especially when it’s uttered by far right cretins.

And yes gender clearly does matter, especially when there’s an undercurrent of physical intimidation. It’s out of order, whether it’s directed Anna Soubry or Kate Hoey (though as far as I can tell Hoey hasn’t been subject to the same abuse).

We will have to disagree there then I'm afraid. One person's "undercurrent of physical intimidation" is another person's perfectly legitimate right to protest. I fail to see how you can plausibly claim that a man using words to insult someone near them amounts to a criminal offence yet a woman doing the exact same thing would not. Maybe the protestors should get a bunch of their female friends to shout nazi at Soubry if that's the standard.

She's obviously got no criminal law knowledge if she think's a crime has been committed. It's not right, and it is worse for a women receiving it from a man, but it's not illegal.
Yeah I'd agree with that. I do think it's worse if it's a man shouting abuse at a woman. My point is that it's not correct to suggest that one is criminal and the other isn't.

We will have to disagree there then I'm afraid. One person's "undercurrent of physical intimidation" is another person's perfectly legitimate right to protest. I fail to see how you can plausibly claim that a man using words to insult someone near them amounts to a criminal offence yet a woman doing the exact same thing would not. Maybe the protestors should get a bunch of their female friends to shout nazi at Soubry if that's the standard.

There’s a gap in the market. Maybe you could reprise your fake female alter ego pal.

Fair enough you've lost the argument so you default to tired jibes and falsehoods. It's a pity but maybe foolish on my part for attempting a civil discussion.

Not really. You’re just transparently easy to read and boringly predictable. I’ve no issue with the Nazi jibe (as repeated before); but I can perfectly understand why she would feel physically intimidated despite her bluff and bluster (see the video from three weeks ago). This is especially the case when you consider that she’s been subject to numerous death threats. The gammon in yellow vests perfectly know what they’re doing - hence why calling Soubry a Nazi by tweet or online would never have the same effect.

Edited by shurlock

Its evidently threatening behaviour, a criminal offence and has been for years, long before the term snowflake became fashionable.

Threatening behaviour - fear or provocation of violence/ Racially or religiously aggravated threatening behaviour

Public Order Act 1986. Racially or religiously aggravated threatening behaviour. Maximum when tried on indictment: 2 years

Examples of nature of activity

Fear or threat of low level immediate unlawful violence such as push, shove or spit

Fear or threat of medium level immediate unlawful violence such as punch

Fear or threat of high level immediate unlawful violence such as use of weapon; missile thrown; gang involvement

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/threatening-behaviour-fear-or-provocation-of-violence-racially-or-religiously-aggravated-threatening-behaviour/

The gammon in yellow vests perfectly know what they’re doing - hence why calling Soubry a Nazi by tweet or online would never have the same effect.

"Soubry is a Nazi" - hardly the epitome of intellectual debate. They'd have a job to muster one brain cell between the lot of them.

Its evidently threatening behaviour, a criminal offence and has been for years, long before the term snowflake became fashionable.

Threatening behaviour - fear or provocation of violence/ Racially or religiously aggravated threatening behaviour

Public Order Act 1986. Racially or religiously aggravated threatening behaviour. Maximum when tried on indictment: 2 years

Examples of nature of activity

Fear or threat of low level immediate unlawful violence such as push, shove or spit

Fear or threat of medium level immediate unlawful violence such as punch

Fear or threat of high level immediate unlawful violence such as use of weapon; missile thrown; gang involvement

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/offences/magistrates-court/item/threatening-behaviour-fear-or-provocation-of-violence-racially-or-religiously-aggravated-threatening-behaviour/

This is correct. A criminal offence is plainly being committed, and to say it's just the use of the word 'Nazi' is disingenuous. Jo Cox was called similar names before a Brexit enthusiast shot and knifed her to death, so I wonder at why the police just stood by, given the precedent. Not surprisingly, they've now been instructed to apply the law.

But it's depressing yet predictable that not one single Brexiter on here has condemned the racial abuse experienced by Faisal Islam and Femi Oduwole, and directed at them by a hard core of Yaxley-Lennonite fascists. I suppose it's par for the course in these times, when racist and misogynist abuse has been legitimised.

This site has always had its share of racists, but they've always been somewhat coy about declaring their cretinous hands. Until now. Similarly, this site has had a small number of woman haters - one of which, I recall, came on here asking how to beat up his girlfriend after she had decided to dump him, and another who routinely refers to women as 'chicks'.

Brexit has merely given these cretins a platform, and depressingly, has also drawn in pensioners and others who, having been inoffensive for years, have suddenly discovered their inner anti-Semite and race-'disliker'.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46799136

The mayor of Ostend has told the BBC the Belgian port will not be ready for a new ferry line in time for Brexit.

Bart Tommelein was asked about the UK government's award of a £13.8m contract to Seaborne Freight for a service between Ramsgate and Ostend.

He said it was "impossible" that Ostend would be ready and that he was going to Ramsgate next week to discuss the situation with "all the stakeholders".

Yeah this is so democratic.

To free himself from this dependency, Hitler had the cabinet, in its first post-election meeting on 15 March, draw up plans for an Enabling Act which would give the cabinet legislative power for four years. The Nazis devised the Enabling Act to gain complete political power without the need of the support of a majority in the Reichstag and without the need to bargain with their coalition partners.

Go look up how Hitler got into power while your there, and the mysterious burning down of the Reichstag..... Hitler wasn’t ever democratically elected, it might seem it on paper, but the ways he went about gaining support wasn’t democratic in the slightest.

It’s probably best that both sides don’t use Hitler or The Nazi party to refer to each other, without knowing things about them.

Peace out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah this is so democratic.

To free himself from this dependency, Hitler had the cabinet, in its first post-election meeting on 15 March, draw up plans for an Enabling Act which would give the cabinet legislative power for four years. The Nazis devised the Enabling Act to gain complete political power without the need of the support of a majority in the Reichstag and without the need to bargain with their coalition partners.

Go look up how Hitler got into power while your there, and the mysterious burning down of the Reichstag..... Hitler wasn’t ever democratically elected, it might seem it on paper, but the ways he went about gaining support wasn’t democratic in the slightest.

It’s probably best that both sides don’t use Hitler or The Nazi party to refer to each other, without knowing things about them.

Peace out.

I'm not saying it was free of corruption, but the Nazi's were still put in power democratically. Trump wasn't put into power without corruption, fake news and propaganda, but it's still classed as a democratic election.

I'm not saying it was free of corruption, but the Nazi's were still put in power democratically. Trump wasn't put into power without corruption, fake news and propaganda, but it's still classed as a democratic election.

Stop, please stop....Trump might be bad but he never went to the lengths Hitler and the Nazi party did to “democratically” get power. I wouldn’t call it corruption either.

Hmm the Soubry thing will be seen by some on here as ‘remoaner chick In fake news’.
I'm just pleased that the middle class regressives have finally accepted that screaming nazi at people you disagree with politically is wrong. Odd how long it took them to get there but they did in the end.

Stop, please stop....Trump might be bad but he never went to the lengths Hitler and the Nazi party did to “democratically” get power. I wouldn’t call it corruption either.

Their heads have gone mate. It is going to be hilarious reading this thread in about 2 months

.....Trump might be bad but he never went to the lengths Hitler and the Nazi party did to “democratically” get power. I wouldn’t call it corruption either.

Given the choice between The Donald and Hilary C I'm surprised that so many people bothered to vote at all. Imagine a direct vote for a nominal Head of State for the UK, where the candidates are Teresa May and Jeremy Corbyn.

Edited by badgerx16

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction