• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

A jihadist reposts a yellow-vest unfurling an anti-Semitic banner. What a surprise.

Wes Tender must be delighted to have a buddy ready to highlight 'THE Jew' who has brought the New World Order down on his head.

Nurse will be along soon with some more medicine. This morning's dose has worn off.

You're like a stuck record. Nearly your bedtime, sonny. You won't want to be too tired for school tomorrow

Trouble is, Al, your anti-Semitic post, and subsequent determination to stand by it, makes this far from a childish issue.

The mods on here don't police Jew-hating, nor any amount of racist garbage I've seen on here, but that doesn't mean you're getting a free pass for being a bigot.

Trouble is, Al, your anti-Semitic post, and subsequent determination to stand by it, makes this far from a childish issue.

The mods on here don't police Jew-hating, nor any amount of racist garbage I've seen on here, but that doesn't mean you're getting a free pass for being a bigot.

Did the jibe that you're acting in an infantile manner upset you? Aw diddums.

It's alright mate, I've reported him here:

https://cst.org.uk/report-incident

We'll see if they want to do anything about it ;)

I asked Verbal several times to divulge his age, as I only had his mental age to go on based on his infantile posts.

I have to conclude that you must be even younger than him. Still in short trousers, are you?

I'm assuming a little bit of poo came out when you saw that, yes? :lol:

I was in short trousers more recently than you, certainly. Just a quick thing - are you this unoriginal with insults in the rest of your life? You've repeated the same ones over and over to those of us that clearly aren't adolescents, and you're just starting to come across as a frightful bore, as well as a racist.

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

You really are a massive pr*ck

Not sure why you're so animated. Is Wes Tender one of your residents?

Anyway, with Clark's intervention today I'm standing by my long-held opinion that we'll end up with Norway+customs union. Which if course is the best and worst outcome: best, as in the minimal requirement for remoaners,, and worst, because all it is is EU non-membership in the sense that we have no voting rights and no influence.

I'm assuming a little bit of poo came out when you saw that, yes? :lol:

I was in short trousers more recently than you, certainly. Just a quick thing - are you this unoriginal with insults in the rest of your life? You've repeated the same ones over and over to those of us that clearly aren't adolescents, and you're just starting to come across as a frightful bore, as well as a racist.

I'm not yet incontinent, thank you for your concern. I appreciate though that a lot of your contribution to this thread is p*ss and wind, so you have my sympathy.

I speak as I find. If you don't wish to be treated like a juvenile, then stop acting like one. I don't have to insult others or receive insults in my private life, as that is quite a bit different to posting on a football forum where those who do not share one's views can be keyboard warriors and not face the consequences. This subtle difference seems not to have occurred to you.

If you find me boring, then put me on ignore. Again, that solution seems to have gone right over your head.

I'm not yet incontinent, thank you for your concern. I appreciate though that a lot of your contribution to this thread is p*ss and wind, so you have my sympathy.

I speak as I find. If you don't wish to be treated like a juvenile, then stop acting like one. I don't have to insult others or receive insults in my private life, as that is quite a bit different to posting on a football forum where those who do not share one's views can be keyboard warriors and not face the consequences. This subtle difference seems not to have occurred to you.

If you find me boring, then put me on ignore. Again, that solution seems to have gone right over your head.

I find your insults boring. I find your opinions ****ing hilarious, so that's why you're not on ignore.

I find your insults boring. I find your opinions ****ing hilarious, so that's why you're not on ignore.

Fair enough, you find my insults to be boring and I find yours to be juvenile. I'm so pleased that I bring a bit of lighthearted hilarity into your otherwise dull and humourless life.

I find your opinions boring though.

Fair enough, you find my insults to be boring and I find yours to be juvenile. I'm so pleased that I bring a bit of lighthearted hilarity into your otherwise dull and humourless life.

I think Chicago can describe my feelings for you better than I ever could...

Edited by Unbelievable Jeff

The whole world is against a no-deal Brexit, apparently;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46826345

""The "whole world" wants the UK to avoid a no-deal Brexit, Japan's PM has claimed, after talks with Theresa May.

Shinzo Abe pledged "total support" for the withdrawal agreement she has negotiated with the EU, which faces a crunch vote in the Commons on Tuesday. "

But I suppose that the USofA doesn't count as part of the 'whole world', given that The Donald thinks that Tessie's deal is only 'good for the EU'.

Edited by badgerx16

Why is an 'EU Army' such a bad thing? People have been crying out for Europe to secure its borders, here you go.

At an rate, an EU army is such a vague concept -is it greater joined up thinking on procurement to exploit economies of scale, discrete cooperation on local issues such as the migration crisis or the abolition of national armies across all spheres to serve under one EU-wide force? Anyone claiming the latter is going to happen anytime soon, if at all, -and thats usually the implication from the swivels- is either a bit simple or plain disingenuous.

Edited by shurlock

Why is an 'EU Army' such a bad thing? People have been crying out for Europe to secure its borders, here you go.
There's no here you go unless there's a sudden shift in policy from European governments who have no interest in closing borders.

You'd hope with the passage of time the usual oddballs would learn the difference between free speech and physical intimidation.

Alas no [emoji38]

You didn't listen to his argument did you. Its spelt out pretty well here

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/01/08/i-know-how-anna-soubry-feels/

Regardless it would have been nice if the women had actually had a civilised discussion rather than hurling insults.

It's interesting that the conversation has switched from "anyone suggesting anything about an EU army is a fantasist and mental" to "well an EU army isn't a bad thing anyway."

You didn't listen to his argument did you. Its spelt out pretty well here

https://www.spiked-online.com/2019/01/08/i-know-how-anna-soubry-feels/

Regardless it would have been nice if the women had actually had a civilised discussion rather than hurling insults.

Because his argument is a red herring and wilfully misses the woods for the trees. The Nazi taunt is neither here nor there. The Nazi taunt is crude and historically illiterate but people are free to be crude and historically illiterate in a liberal society. Call people a Nazi online; shout it behind a cordon; hold up banners with swastikas on them whatever; but when you also get physically up close to someone and, in many people's book, are aggressive and threatening, then it’s a different matter. And that applies to any abuse.

Needless to say, many of the ‘regressive leftists’ who appear to live rent-free in your head have paid more attention to the delivery than the content of the abuse. See Bercow’s statement or Adonis exchange with O’Neill.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-46794443/mp-harassment-frankly-intolerable

O’Neill is a surly and shallow contrarian. I would have had more respect for him if he had cut to the chase and attempted to argue that the protestors behaviour wasn’t aggressive or threatening rather than obfuscate by answering a question that nobody’s really asking.

Edited by shurlock

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/may/27/is-there-a-secret-plan-to-create-an-eu-army

Way back in 2016, a month before the referendum, the Guardian assured us that there was no way that there would be an EU Army. It was a Brexiteers' fantasy, they said. Pigs will fly first.

More Remoaner lies, eh?

The World has moved on from 2016, politically, and as a consequence things today are being viewed from a different perspective than when the referendum was held. Donald Trump was elected US President 5 months after the referendum, and part of his political agenda has been to publicly state that he would like to reduce the USA's commitment to NATO in Europe. His recent meetings with Macron and Merkel seem to have persuaded them, and consequently the EU, that perhaps more consideration might be given to closer military integration between the armed forces of the main European nations, most of whom, after all, are in the EU, so that they are less reliant on the US. This is important where European and US 'interests' differ, on such things as trading and working with Russia. The article Batman referenced is one of several that have been published recently where such closer military integration has been discussed. But that is all there is at the moment, discussion and opinion pieces.

It is still, therefore, a fact that there is no EU army, and there is no likelihood of one being formed in the immediate future. So, as you can see, in 2016, denials of an EU army were accurate.

Edited by badgerx16

The World has moved on from 2016, politically, and as a consequence things today are being viewed from a different perspective than when the referendum was held. Donald Trump was elected US President 5 months after the referendum, and part of his political agenda has been to publicly state that he would like to reduce the USA's commitment to NATO in Europe. His recent meetings with Macron and Merkel seem to have persuaded them, and consequently the EU, that perhaps more consideration might be given to closer military integration between the armed forces of the main European nations, most of whom, after all, are in the EU, so that they are less reliant on the US. This is important where European and US 'interests' differ, on such things as trading and working with Russia. The article Batman referenced is one of several that have been published recently where such closer military integration has been discussed. But that is all there is at the moment, discussion and opinion pieces.

It is still, therefore, a fact that there is no EU army, and there is no likelihood of one being formed in the immediate future. So, as you can see, in 2016, denials of an EU army were accurate.

Good try, badger. But I'm afraid jihadist windbags are incapable of understanding complexity, so this issue gets a regular run-out as an anti-EU bogey man. There are lots of countervailing pressures, both for and against a European military force. One of those has to do with something fundamental not just to the EU's reason for being, but with Britain's interests too.

NATO targets of of military spending accounting for two percent of GDP will have no significant effect on the size of the British military. But it would double the size of the German military. This would represent, in effect, a huge German rearmament. Sound familiar? Hence the pressure from the French, among others, to fold German military capability into a wider European one. In Germany, too, there's little appetite for this huge scale of military spending - there is, after all, no Kaiser or Hitler to whip up the kind of sentiment that would lead to this vast expansion. They don't have Gexiters

Whether it happens or not - and there's no evidence that it's imminent - it's taken as read that a Euro army is a 'bad thing'. The last thing you're going to get from a Brexit-Jihadist is an actual reasoned argument against the idea of a military force with European command structures. And, true to form, you've had no such argument here.

Excellent post.

Personally I've never posted about the potential of an EU army, but perhaps someone can tell me what the problem is with one?

Excellent post.

Personally I've never posted about the potential of an EU army, but perhaps someone can tell me what the problem is with one?

None from me (as long as we are not a part of it), it would be appalling.

However, just find it amusing that the idea was ridiculed, laughed at and dismissed out of hand as anything to be taken remotely seriously pretty recently.

Now it is...... ‘what is the problem with an EU Army’?

It is the direction of travel, it will happen.

None from me (as long as we are not a part of it), it would be appalling.

However, just find it amusing that the idea was ridiculed, laughed at and dismissed out of hand as anything to be taken remotely seriously pretty recently.

Now it is...... ‘what is the problem with an EU Army’?

It is the direction of travel, it will happen.

Define what you mean by an EU army.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction