Sunday's reception

Monk

The first test will be when the team/formation is announced. If another square peg in a round hole team playing three centre backs in either a 4 or 3 back line is picked and an unbalanced sterile team with both Davis and WP and without Mane, Tadic, I can see the booing start early if the performance hasn't improved.

" Our" money ? If you relied on " our" money we'd still be in league 1

Shouldn't you be singing " put more of your money in" to Kat?

I'm pretty sure the millions in TV revenue and transfer profits more than cover what she's spent !

Massive support and cheering that raises the roof.

The players know they ficked up.

Let them know that all is forgiven if they reboot and get the season under way with a win.

I agree. As terrible as last night was, this is an important game for us, as we need to get our first win soon, before we start coming up against much better opposition than we've played to date!

It won't help our cause if the fans are on the team's back from minute 1.

Massive support and cheering that raises the roof.

The players know they ficked up.

Let them know that all is forgiven if they reboot and get the season under way with a win.

Beating Norwich at home isn't much compensation for going out in that manner in our only chance at European football in 10+ years.

Beating Norwich at home isn't much compensation for going out in that manner in our only chance at European football in 10+ years.

I don't want compensation for past events. I want hope for the future. Last night was disappointing, but done and dusted. The future is where it's at.

I don't want compensation for past events. I want hope for the future. Last night was disappointing, but done and dusted. The future is where it's at.

All pretty meaningless then really. But I doubt you were in Herning or will be at the game Sunday, so it's pretty irrelevant anyway.

All pretty meaningless then really. But I doubt you were in Herning or will be at the game Sunday, so it's pretty irrelevant anyway.

Um, yes. As an ex-pat, any opinion I may have is irrelevant regarding how I would cheer the team on at St Mary's.

I thought that a forum was just a place for sharing opinions. I was not aware that anyone not physically going to the games should just shut the fick up.

If this forum is limited only to those that can attend matches, then it will shrink considerably.

Um, yes. As an ex-pat, any opinion I may have is irrelevant regarding how I would cheer the team on at St Mary's.

I thought that a forum was just a place for sharing opinions. I was not aware that anyone not physically going to the games should just shut the fick up.

If this forum is limited only to those that can attend matches, then it will shrink considerably.

My schlong is bigger than your schlong, innit.

I'm pretty sure the millions in TV revenue and transfer profits more than cover what she's spent !

TV revenue as a result of being in the premier league . Would we have reached that only using " our " money .

" where's all our money gone. " implies money has been taking out of the club . Who do you think has taken it and how much approx have they taken?

Dear god.

Yes. Where has it gone? Apart from transfer fees, wages, building the best training facilities in England, paying off contracts, ground maintenance, matchday expenses, obviously. There must be millions left over.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Yes. Where has it gone? Apart from transfer fees, wages, building the best training facilities in England, paying off contracts, ground maintenance, matchday expenses, obviously. There must be millions left over.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Considering transfer fees have us 7m in profit for this windows alone , we have one of the lowest wage bills in the league and TV and prize money was around 72m for last season I'd like to think we could cover the rest of the costs and invest in the playing squad suitably to improve the team enough to at least be as good as last season (even if most other teams are strengthening from last season)

Considering transfer fees have us 7m in profit for this windows alone , we have one of the lowest wage bills in the league and TV and prize money was around 72m for last season I'd like to think we could cover the rest of the costs and invest in the playing squad suitably to improve the team enough to at least be as good as last season (even if most other teams are strengthening from last season)

And that's without ticket sales, merchandise and sponsorship etc!

These are simplistic calculations. There are lots of other fees involved and we'd only get the true figures by examining the accounts. Don't believe everything that you read in the papers.

Jesus ... you utter helmet. Please don't attend on Sunday.

I think this is one of those times where this message board of utter fannies go into meltdown re: reception on Sunday but where the stadium full of real fans on Sunday will actually raise the roof as we know the team need it.

If at the end, Norwich have humped us 2 or 3 nil, then there'll be booing, and there you go, you pays your money...

I think this is one of those times where this message board of utter fannies go into meltdown re: reception on Sunday but where the stadium full of real fans on Sunday will actually raise the roof as we know the team need it.

If at the end, Norwich have humped us 2 or 3 nil, then there'll be booing, and there you go, you pays your money...

Exactly this - I think I said as much earlier on in the thread when I was annoyed last night. I'll be there, will cheer, shout, encourage, whatever, as usual - if come the end, the players have shown the same lack of dedication AFTER the match that we saw last night, it might be a different story. Although I'm not a booing type anyway, would rather just leave and go back to the pub in silence.

Exactly this - I think I said as much earlier on in the thread when I was annoyed last night. I'll be there, will cheer, shout, encourage, whatever, as usual - if come the end, the players have shown the same lack of dedication AFTER the match that we saw last night, it might be a different story. Although I'm not a booing type anyway, would rather just leave and go back to the pub in silence.

I won't I like to speak my mind as I said earlier I'll be there supporting the team as usual but I reserve the right to boo as and when I see fit !

Why is it irrelevant? Please tell me it's not because he is a lesser fan because he lives overseas.

There is also another aspect to being an overseas Saint.....For a fair weather fan, it would be so easy to just let that old allegiance fade away. The best I can do here is to have a Saints sticker on my car, even though nobody has a clue what it is until I tell them. It's pathetic, I know, but the point is we never die. We can become irrelevant, but we are always there. That HAS to count for something.

You obviously don't read this board very much then do you? [emoji38][emoji38]

Why was the ITK sticky thread closed by St Chalet? Anyone know please?

I am not stirring, I have only just noticed.

It's been locked from the start, with updates added by the mods as they appear.

I believe Monk posted in it after it was closed? I am hanging on in anticipation until it moves from Monk 13. Back to the thread surely if we are supporters we will cheer our team on ? I would also like to thank all the posters who cant get to the games for their support and I will cheer for them as well on Sunday COYS!!

(just beaten to it)

They need us at the moment - so we need to give them 100% support, anything else would be insane.

They deserved that reception at the end the other night and if they play poorly again they'll get it again.

But to consider not offering them 100% support at kick off in a vital game? :o

They need us at the moment - so we need to give them 100% support, anything else would be insane.

They deserved that reception at the end the other night and if they play poorly again they'll get it again.

But to consider not offering them 100% support at kick off in a vital game? :o

It's crazy really that you have to spell out the obvious to some, and while many will rise to he ocassion, unfortunately they'll still be a few straining at the leash to boo and the southern half of the stadium will just give their usual subdued support.

After getting a similar reaction at Sheff Utd we went on to stuff Everton a few days later with no Schneiderlin and Wanyama...and Reed impressing in the middle.

Wake up St Mary's and help turn this around.

Is Koeman the shouting type? will the players have gotten the hairdryer treatment after the match? do they respect his opinions still or maybe they are losing faith as he appears to have lost faith in sfc?

will Koeman walk soon?

Lol ok the starts been really disappointing and the performance worse than that but actually we have played what 7 games and lost 2?

If we are considering booing now then god knows what these people would have been doing back in the days of 7-1 defeats and being in the bottom three for the majority of the season. Suddenly we think we are man Utd with a god given right to win every game and that every player in the world wants to play for us. Do you know who we actually are? As a comparison think of the Italian league then name the teams you know well. Then think of one that you know the name of the team but couldn't name more than a player or two. You know the ones who if we wanted a player from we'd think he be dying to come here as it's a step up. Well that's what we are to the rest of the world. A team who they know exist but are of no real relevance and interest, who if a bigger club come calling then our player would be dying to make the step up.

Some people need to get some reality and support the team come what may.

There's only one person to look at here and that's RK either we support him or we want him to leave. Look at bournemouth that team has cost nothing like ours has so it's not about money it's about using our resources at our disposal to the max. Personally I have faith he will turn it round. I want RK in charge and am prepared to accept we won't win every game, I may not be happy but I will never boo. It's easy to support when things go well, supporting when it's not going so well is harder and if we are in this together we need to get behind the team, not on their backs. IMO.

Lol ok the starts been really disappointing and the performance worse than that but actually we have played what 7 games and lost 2?

If we are considering booing now then god knows what these people would have been doing back in the days of 7-1 defeats and being in the bottom three for the majority of the season. Suddenly we think we are man Utd with a god given right to win every game and that every player in the world wants to play for us. Do you know who we actually are? As a comparison think of the Italian league then name the teams you know well. Then think of one that you know the name of the team but couldn't name more than a player or two. You know the ones who if we wanted a player from we'd think he be dying to come here as it's a step up. Well that's what we are to the rest of the world. A team who they know exist but are of no real relevance and interest, who if a bigger club come calling then our player would be dying to make the step up.

Some people need to get some reality and support the team come what may.

There's only one person to look at here and that's RK either we support him or we want him to leave. Look at bournemouth that team has cost nothing like ours has so it's not about money it's about using our resources at our disposal to the max. Personally I have faith he will turn it round. I want RK in charge and am prepared to accept we won't win every game, I may not be happy but I will never boo. It's easy to support when things go well, supporting when it's not going so well is harder and if we are in this together we need to get behind the team, not on their backs. IMO.

Top post, though Premier League status is enough to draw great players to all sorts of middling clubs. See Shaqiri at Stoke, or Georginio Wijnaldum turning down the Champions League (!) to join Newcastle.