Saints vs Liverpool - Build Up

Lighthouse

Klopp isn't saying we sold him cheap, and we didn't. Just whining saps on here say we sold him cheap.

Even if he scores 55 goals this season it still doesn't mean we sold him cheap, we didn't.

Klopp's saying if he'd signed Mane while he was at Dortmund, Pool would have had to shell out more than the 30k plus they've paid SFC - hence, the Scousers have picked up an exceptional player at a cheaper price. I'm saying SFC sold him too cheaply to Pool. You are disagreeing - that's not unusual.

Klopp's saying if he'd signed Mane while he was at Dortmund, Pool would have had to shell out more than the 30k plus they've paid SFC - hence, the Scousers have picked up an exceptional player at a cheaper price. I'm saying SFC sold him too cheaply to Pool. You are disagreeing - that's not unusual.

None of that means we sold him cheap. If Mane was a Dortmund player, he'd either be a Champions League regular, scoring goals at a higher level meaning proven to be a better player than he could prove at SFC and at a richer club than us, and at a arguably at a bigger club than Liverpool already.

Or he could have been a disappointing signing in the third year of his contract and available for less than we sold him for. Who knows.

Edited by CB Fry

Suggesting that he was being sold cheap, as many did, was received with ridicule by many on this forum. From what I've seen of Pool this season Mane is the ignition for most of their attacking play, just as he was for us. If we can keep him quiet Saints are a chance.

I didn't get that from the article. Ridiculed were you?

hear hear, can't stand the little judas rat and hope he gets a torrent of abuse on Sat like he deserves. Last game was bit too timid as I recall, hopefully won't be the same this time and he will crumble under the pressure.

Ah, so it was you who wished ill of Dean Richards when he left for Spurs.

Can't see anything but Saints losing today followed by the usual bunch of wan_kers blaming Puel, Les, Kat etc....

The sense of excitement and anticipation emanating from the Alpine region is palpable. Unless we win of course, when he will post one comment and disappear.

I assume there is no confirmation yet that Lallana and Courtinho are actually out?

Has Forster featured in any of the training photos?

I hate Liverpool, their glory hunting fans stuck in the 80s, our mercenary players who leave to play there, the needy victim status which characteristics sum up the whole city , state funded cruise terminal built to take business from Southampton , would love to win this but unfortunately I don't think we are strong enough.

Lallana didnt travel. Coutinho did.

I assume there is no confirmation yet that Lallana and Courtinho are actually out?

Has Forster featured in any of the training photos?

I hate Liverpool, their glory hunting fans stuck in the 80s, our mercenary players who leave to play there, the needy victim status which characteristics sum up the whole city , state funded cruise terminal built to take business from Southampton , would love to win this but unfortunately I don't think we are strong enough.

Not that I like them, but you do realize they have won more than a dozen trophies since then don't you?

Dortmund are a massive team that can hold out for bigger fees. Some just have to realise that when 30 mil is offered for one of our players we aren't in the position to turn it down.

Dortmund are a massive team that can hold out for bigger fees. Some just have to realise that when 30 mil is offered for one of our players we aren't in the position to turn it down.

It's all about the contract and the players motivation to stay or leave.

Dortmund just sold Bundesliga's player of the season for a lot less than we sold Mané for. They've also sold Gotze and Kagawa for less and lost Lewa and Hummels on a Bosman so Klopp's statement seems a little at odds with reality.

In what world is it a good idea to force players to stay against their wishes only to lose them at the completion of contract for peanuts....? You really are a MONG.

Whilst I don't agree, what I interpret Heisenburg saying is that we should have kept Mane for one more year, because even if it is £15m less we get for him, we'd still have made a profit on him and kept a really good player for one year, and also we can afford to keep him for another year.

However there are so many factors, firstly, whether Mane would be giving it his all, secondly, whether we would get Boufal in if we had kept Mane.

What Heisenburg doesn't realise is that selling at an optimum price when the price is at its peak is our business model, like it or not. Unless these players sign contracts (which we are doing), then players have the power. Go support another club if you don't like it- so many other clubs would love to be like us.

That's BS mate

Is it ****. He wanted to go and we got 3 times what we paid for him. It was a good deal. You can't hold out for a player that the buying club knows wants too leave. Maybe if you stopped your you bs trolling for one minute this forum would be a much brighter place. If I was admin i'd have banned you by now. Boring ****.

Is it ****. He wanted to go and we got 3 times what we paid for him. It was a good deal. You can't hold out for a player that the buying club knows wants too leave. Maybe if you stopped your you bs trolling for one minute this forum would be a much brighter place. If I was admin i'd have banned you by now. Boring ****.

Is it a good deal when you consider Bolasie and Sissoko went for similar amounts? They're both below average as ****.

What Heisenburg doesn't realise is that selling at an optimum price when the price is at its peak is our business model, like it or not. Unless these players sign contracts (which we are doing), then players have the power. Go support another club if you don't like it- so many other clubs would love to be like us.

Mane still had 2 yeasr left on his contract. We didn't have to sell, and likely we would have got more for him in the 2017 summer window. He was swayed by Klopp who had tried to buy him before, but to continue with this line that we had to sell and that we got the best we could for him is silly. Heisenberg is a troll (like others on here who are complaining about him) but in this case he really isn't too wrong.

Is it a good deal when you consider Bolasie and Sissoko went for similar amounts? They're both below average as ****.

Other clubs business has nothing to do with us. Sissoko wont be anywhere near the fee reported either as Levy has smashed in a brilliant clause. Bolasie was a panic buy imo.

But people need to get used to what kind of club we are. We won't be keeping players when 30 mil is offered for them. Our business model is scout and buy low/sell high. We aren't a big club.

Mane still had 2 yeasr left on his contract. We didn't have to sell, and likely we would have got more for him in the 2017 summer window. He was swayed by Klopp who had tried to buy him before, but to continue with this line that we had to sell and that we got the best we could for him is silly. Heisenberg is a troll (like others on here who are complaining about him) but in this case he really isn't too wrong.

So you think we'd have got more for a player who wanted to leave when he enters the last year of his contract? ok mate.