Marco Silva

SKD

Maybe yes man is a bit of an exageration, I just get the impression that Silva would want more control over things than Reed would be willing to give

He certainly wouldn't have had much control at Watford! Probably even less so than he would get here

Think it all comes down to Reeds ego, if he's looking for another yes man, then it'll be Hughes, if he's willing to let go slightly and look for a guy who brings the most impact to the team, it'll be Silva.

Personally I don't think Reed's ego will allow taking more of a back seat so it'll be Hughes,

How many Yes Men has Reed appointed in your opinion?

Whilst accepting he might not have had final say on all of these, in his time as DoF or equivalent we've appointed:

Pardew

Adkins

Potch

Koeman

Puel

MoPe

The first 4 are definitely not in the Yes Man category. Puel was, apparently, sacked precisely because he refused to say yes to a change of style - which we all wanted to see. I'm not even sure MoPe is a Yes Man as he failed to deliver on the promise Les made about attacking football - at best he is just not very competent.

You may be right but he didn't leave, he got sacked

You are right. Though according to press reports at the time he deliberately stopped trying because he was sulking about not being allowed to go to Everton and because of Watford's transfer policy. He pretty much forced them to sack him.

Which is one of the reasons he is supposed to have left Watford apparently he didn't get input on signings he wanted which annoyed him.

He left Watford because he wanted to go to Everton and had also told 3 of the players he wanted them to follow him. Watford sacked him because of the disruption they felt the Everton interest had caused. That was told to me by a coach at another premier league set up, where my nephew is involved. Also told he will replace Fat Sam in the summer. However I’m not dissing SKD’s info because things change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you know for a fact that he is meeting today?

Assume he is referring to my post.

I have been passed on info by someone who works at the club (need to be careful as don't want to give he/she away, but they are very close to someone who would know) so it's completely possible that I / they have miss understood (although I am 100% sure on the fact an interview took place this morning).

I find it unlikely they would have, but everything points to Hughes taking over, so it is possible it was him meeting with the club. The name I was given however was Silva.

I would be even more dismayed with this club if they do not interview at least 3 contenders before making a choice

I have no problem with the 3 being Managers at present out of work. We do not have the time or the clout to start trying to prise good Managers await from other clubs.

They must have a good shortlist, interview those on it, and then negotiate with what they consider is the best man for the job in hand.

I have no faith that they will make a good choice for a club that has lost its way in the last year or so.

I have had enough and will not be renewing my season ticket whatever the outcome. I no longer enjoy the match day experience.

I would be even more dismayed with this club if they do not interview at least 3 contenders before making a choice

I have no problem with the 3 being Managers at present out of work. We do not have the time or the clout to start trying to prise good Managers await from other clubs.

They must have a good shortlist, interview those on it, and then negotiate with what they consider is the best man for the job in hand.

I have no faith that they will make a good choice for a club that has lost its way in the last year or so.

I have had enough and will not be renewing my season ticket whatever the outcome. I no longer enjoy the match day experience.

Agree - wouldn't surprise me if we did though.

Funny how news can be different. I've heard from someone at the club that it's definitely Hughes. I also had a conversation with someone a few weeks ago that told me he saw Mark Hughes in of all places, Winchester (Owen and O'Neill were no where in sight) and we were joking about how he was to become the saints Manager. I completely forgot until he reminded me again today.

Funny how news can be different. I've heard from someone at the club that it's definitely Hughes. I also had a conversation with someone a few weeks ago that told me he saw Mark Hughes in of all places, Winchester (Owen and O'Neill were no where in sight) and we were joking about how he was to become the saints Manager. I completely forgot until he reminded me again today.

I just logged on to ask about sightings.

Surely SOMEONE has airport/hotel/layby earlobe-recognition news for us?

I agree with all but the last sentence. ( That is because I don't have a season ticket, but come summer I think you could well change your mind and re-new.)

I also feel that the board will be in such a panic that they will just pick the first one who shows any interest OR maybe the cheapest ( a.k.a. cost effective :D )

Thank the board for the downgrades when Koeman left. Had a great chance to push on but opted for cheap replacements. Been like that ever since.

And therein lies the problem. Whether you think Puel did a good job or not, he was a pathetic option at the time.

You are right. Though according to press reports at the time he deliberately stopped trying because he was sulking about not being allowed to go to Everton and because of Watford's transfer policy. He pretty much forced them to sack him.

Surely if he wanted to go to Everton he could have just resigned?

Surely if he wanted to go to Everton he could have just resigned?

I wouldn't know. This article makes it clear Watford wouldn't let him go. I guess as he was under contract Everton would have to pay compensation of some sort maybe they weren't prepared to.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/marco-silva-sacked-by-watford-leicester-defeat-blame-everton-next-manager-odds-a8170476.html

I wouldn't know. This article makes it clear Watford wouldn't let him go. I guess as he was under contract Everton would have to pay compensation of some sort maybe they weren't prepared to.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/marco-silva-sacked-by-watford-leicester-defeat-blame-everton-next-manager-odds-a8170476.html

They couldn’t have wanted him very badly if they were not prepared to pay a bit of compo.

Both Poch and Koeman were only allowed to leave after compensation was paid.

I knew compo was paid, just assumed that was worked out after the manager resigned, didn’t realised we could have just told Spurs no. I guess Saints will just cash in on anything.

I knew compo was paid, just assumed that was worked out after the manager resigned, didn’t realised we could have just told Spurs no. I guess Saints will just cash in on anything.

Depends on the contract. My understanding was that Poch had a release or break clause, whereas Koeman didn't . Therefore we pretty much had no choice with Poch. We had a choice with Koeman, but he only had a year left on his deal and had absolutely no intention of signing a new one. The options open to us were to be managed by someone who didn't want to be here, probably end up doing what Watford did to Silva, or get some compo. Did Watford do the right thing, they ended up without Silva and without any compo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk