Congratulations to Nigel Pearson

SaintRobbie

Can anyone remember the fans singing

"Nigel Pearson`s red and white army"... I can

Not once this season have i heard same with Portaloo or Wotte`s name

in it

Says it all really...no one believed we had a chance under them

Only ever heard "are you watching Rupert Lowe" during this debacle of a season.

Edited by ALWAYS_SFC

noddy could of managed Leicester to the league title.

While that may be true, Jan Poortvliet and Mark Wotte wouldn't have done. I think you are being highly disingenuous, the reason they have won is because NP put together a good team, of mainly young players with a spine of experience. NP proved that he was the right man to work with the youngsters, as his CV showed. We may not have been promoted with him this season, but we sure as hell wouldn't be down and out either.

So Pearson would have got the players in the Saints squad to play better.......fantasy land I'm afraid... Leicester have money, which is why they've got promotion, its that simple,

What the hell are you talking about?

What an utterly ridiculous post.

Congratulations to Pearson, would still be our manager if it wasn't for a grade A c*nt who goes my the name of Rupert Lowe.

exactly my thoughts - as much as Im pleased for Nigel and leicester - Im spitting blood about that tw*t lowe - a word of advice lowe - stay as far away from St Marys as you can - you had better hope I'm "hiding" behind my ip address - you utter. utter tosser

There can be no doubt that Pearson's success only makes our pain even worse:mad:

Just what the fck was Lowe (and those who brought him back) thinking last April/May??????

I may have to go and have a read of the OS and Adam Leitch's insightful reports on the appointment of the Revolutionary Coaching Set Up for a giggle to try and cheer me up!!!!!

Askham on behalf of his group of Lowe supporters will give us a few words of explaination very shortly...I am sure he owes us that.....But then again Rupert and his band of merry boyzz have already spouted enough nonsense to last a life time on this subject....Mr Askham..over to you.

Its always said a manager needs a good few months to settle in. We went into a very important season with a crack pot expriment, impementing a management set up with no idea of what english league football was all about, or any of the players in it!!

We all know why, Lowe was a control freak who never wanted a strong character leading the team, he doesn't like his ideas challenged.

The replacement of NP, and the use of a outright LIE to justify it, should mean Lowe should be tried for crimes against Sotonians.

That one act by Lowe was absolute disgrace, a tragedy of monumental proportions, all to spite Coruch and insert his authority. Just think if Pearson had been given the chance to build on what he started. That one decision is totally indefensible all you blinkered luvvies out there, you should all follow your fallen hero out of town, ashamed of yourselves for backing a dud.

Spot on there. This despite the fact that most football success stories come from teams where the manager is the UNDISPUTED number one at the club. Lowe could never grasp this concept, mainly due to his massive ego, hence the cause of his most spectacular failure culminating in the nadir of the F*uck-awful Dutch experiment

So Pearson would have got the players in the Saints squad to play better.......fantasy land I'm afraid... Leicester have money, which is why they've got promotion, its that simple,

If it's that simple, then how come in 2006/07. A certain SFC who spent more than any other Championship club FAILED to win promotion. And probably had the highest wage bill for that matter.

It's not all about money and you know this, so stop trying to defend that arrogant F*ckwit Lowe for what was an unforgiveable gamble to take with an already struggling football club.

Also, what money have clubs like Doncaster and Plymouth got? Our wage bill is probably still higher than theirs, plus we've ****ed more money up the wall than them even this season (take a bow messrs Schneiderlin, Gasmi, Pulis..et al)...yet they're safe from relegation and we're not...just money is it???

I remember back in May last year some people, including me, saying on here that Lowe could have a clean slate, but that he needs to demonstrate a willingness to learn from his previous stint, and that his decision relating to NP would demonstrate that.

He did what we expected, and true to form got rid of NP. And the club is dead because of that one decision.

I hope NP is enjoying his success tonight, he deserves it. I also hope he is thanking his lucky stars that he didnt hang around to be f**ked about by Lowe.

Fantastic work Nigel. Arguably one of the best managers inthe world right now, and deserves all the success he's been getting with the Foxes. It really is a fairy-tale story which simply could not be scripted. A real victory for one of the good guys for a change.

It's such a shame he never stayed with us. I think we can all agree if he was here, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now, and would far more likely to be pushing for the play-offs. His passion and desire to win is nothing short of inspirational, and I know there are many young managers who will look to him as their new role model. I fully expect to see Leicester in the Premiership and challenging for silverware within just 2 or 3 seasons (assuming they have the common sense to stick with 'the big P-meister' (as I like to call him LOL)).

And you'l get the same reply you got when you popped up last time

This is what I found out when I looked at the team Pearson put out a couple of months ago:

Here's his side today:

4 loanees

11 of the squad are 23 or under (7 are 20 or under)

Martin - 23 (on loan)

Gilbert - 21 (on loan)

Morrison - 20 (new in)

Hobbs - 20 (on loan)

Berner - 31 (new in)

Oakley - 31

Andy King - 20

Cleverley - 19 (on loan)

Dyer - 26 (new in)

Fryatt - 22

Howard - 32

Subs:

Pentney - No age or data (but young)

Chambers - 18

Gradel - 21

Mattock - 18

Dickov - 134

Pearson has shown by his deeds that he is not averse to playing youngsters, nor wheeling and dealing on a small budget.

It was pretty obvious that he would be up for such a strategy, particularly when you look back to see he said the following not long after taking over:

On youth:

"A lot of my background is working with youngsters. I worked with the England youth teams for three years and I see the Academy as a massive part of the club.

On working with limited funds

"It will be a combination. The reality is there will be comings and goings, there is no doubt about that.

Economics will play a part and there will be some natural wastage as players come to the end of their contracts. Then it will be a case of finding players who fit the bill.

We need a side capable of getting success but which fits in with the financial situation. But we are not going to be splashing fortunes on players.

Even in the short time I have been here, I have been looking to see if we can get players on loan. Short-term is the immediate priority but I am looking long-term too."

On youth again, but how the relegation fight must be a priority

It cannot be my priority at the moment but it will get my total support in terms of fitting in with the philosophy of the club.

I have worked at clubs where the academy and first-team are separate entities and not integrated at all and those clubs are the poorer for it.

If you put the right effort into recruiting and developing the right players then it can save the club a lot of money on transfer fees."

Those that claim Pearson was only interested in big name players earning big name wages couldn't be more wrong, particularly when you look at his words and deeds in this area.

To suggest that Pearson would not have wanted to work here, despite all the evidence showing otherwise and also ignoring the fact that Poortvliet and Wotte were already lined up, is actually a daming indictment of Lowe.

Rather than support his footballing decisions you're actually making excuses for him because you know his first major decision was an absolute fck up.

The very fact that even his most ardent supporters make excuses and are embarassed by that decision speaks volumes.

Top post! Thanks for that info. Makes very interesting reading

I hold my hands up and admit that I thought the Dutch experiment would work out ok in the end and that losing NP wasn't the worst thing we could do. I guess we'll never know how he would have got on here this season but it sure as hell couldn't have been any worse than what did happen. This is the worst I have felt in 35 years of supporting SFC.

Congratulations Nigel, but don't understand why you couldn't make a quick impact in your 14 games here. If you replicated your record at Saints to Leicester and exprapolated that over a season I doubt you would have got promoted quite so easily. Not wishing to rain on your parade Nigel but what took you so long? Surely. you should have wrapped it all up in 40 games at least with such advantages.

Clearly a combination of money, good players and vastly inferior opposition has served you very well indeed. Once again my hearty congratulations and look forward to you achieving it again next season as some fans on this forum seem to be under the impression you are Brian Clough reincarnated.

BTW the single most stupid mistake Lowe made was the belief that the fans would support his efforts to save the club.

Fantastic work Nigel. Arguably one of the best managers inthe world right now, and deserves all the success he's been getting with the Foxes. It really is a fairy-tale story which simply could not be scripted. A real victory for one of the good guys for a change.

It's such a shame he never stayed with us. I think we can all agree if he was here, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now, and would far more likely to be pushing for the play-offs. His passion and desire to win is nothing short of inspirational, and I know there are many young managers who will look to him as their new role model. I fully expect to see Leicester in the Premiership and challenging for silverware within just 2 or 3 seasons (assuming they have the common sense to stick with 'the big P-meister' (as I like to call him LOL)).

+1. Pearson is the greatest manager never to manage England.

Congratulations Nigel, but don't understand why you couldn't make a quick impact in your 14 games here. If you replicated your record at Saints to Leicester and exprapolated that over a season I doubt you would have got promoted quite so easily. Not wishing to rain on your parade Nigel but what took you so long? Surely. you should have wrapped it all up in 40 games at least with such advantages.

Clearly a combination of money, good players and vastly inferior opposition has served you very well indeed. Once again my hearty congratulations and look forward to you achieving it again next season as some fans on this forum seem to be under the impression you are Brian Clough reincarnated.

BTW the single most stupid mistake Lowe made was the belief that the fans would support his efforts to save the club.

You are a complete Grade A **** arent you ?

Why dont you crawl away and do something useful you sad pathetic turd.

This club gas been bought to its knees and its down to your ****in hero you sicko.

you are so sad, by the way i missed you in Sheffield

Edited by 70's Mike

you are unbelievable :smt119

Do we really need to give you a history lesson on this as well? When NP came here we were shafted, no moral, fitness levels at there lowest. He came in and changed all that, got the players believing again, and the fans too. If Lowe had appointed NP, you would be singing his praises.

I remember back in May last year some people, including me, saying on here that Lowe could have a clean slate, but that he needs to demonstrate a willingness to learn from his previous stint, and that his decision relating to NP would demonstrate that.

He did what we expected, and true to form got rid of NP. And the club is dead because of that one decision.

I hope NP is enjoying his success tonight, he deserves it. I also hope he is thanking his lucky stars that he didnt hang around to be f**ked about by Lowe.

Alps, you said Lowe could have a clean slate or is that you just magnamiously offering your support to our last chance? Anyway he took you at his word and wiped the slate clean. Alpine this club died under one decision made 3 years ago when we weren't so magnanimous in our treatment of Lowe. We can only hope we are as lucky avoiding relegation as we were sneaking into the playoffs or avoiding relegation last season and if we are I doubt it will be met with quite so much misplaced flag waving.

Do we really need to give you a history lesson on this as well? When NP came here we were shafted, no moral, fitness levels at there lowest. He came in and changed all that, got the players believing again, and the fans too. If Lowe had appointed NP, you would be singing his praises.

Doubt it as I wasn't singing his praises last season.

you are so sad' date=' my the way i missed you in Sheffield[/quote']

We've missed you at St Marys for most of the season. Will you be sending this message to the other 15,000 or more who didn't go today, or only those whose opinions are different to yours and you find it difficult to articulate a response.

We've missed you at St Marys for most of the season. Will you be sending this message to the other 15,000 or more who didn't go today, or only those whose opinions are different to yours and you find it difficult to articulate a response.

I can smell the bile and vitriol that spouts forth from 19C even up here

How many away fans do they let in at Hillsborough ?

OH DEAR

as i have not missed a home game all season, pay for 3 season tickets your response shows what a real ar*ehole you are

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but surely even you must admit it would have been better keeping NP than diving into the unknown with the disastrous Dutch experiment?

Like you I supported the Dutch experiment it sounded like something different and given our situations there seemed very valid arguments for giving it a go. One of the reasons I was supportive of it was I thought Pearson was a mediocre and inexperienced manager, more drill sergeant than colonel and was glad we let him go. Ince is a classic example of how young managers can build a good reputation in the lower less challenging leagues with chairman support. I'm confident Pearson will show us next season that taking the leap into what is recognised as the 5th most challenging league in Europe will prove his record at Saints was more par for the course for the time being at least.

In hindsight, I wish we hadn't appointed JP, I'm glad we didn't appoint Pearson because the situation of the two clubs doesn't compare and the evidence suggests of his time in the Champsionship with us our position would not be much different. So where would that have leaved us, trying to appoint an experienced manager on the cheap willing to risk their reputation on SFC. Can't think of any outstandning candidates that we would/could have chosen back in May. Steve Cotterill? Not exactly outsanding and fits the mould I expect Pearson will follow in time. Jason Dodd? Lawrie McMenemy?

In Hindsight it may have been better to try and recruit a long term but quietly successful manager from the lower leagues. Darren Ferguson? Difficult to suggest anyone without knowing their salary expectations. Who's the guy at Eastleigh?

LOL! I just laugh now when I see 19 post... I think 'come on what crap can he say this time in defence of the dark lord!?' ... never lets me down. lol lol lol!

19 ... the new ScoobySundance... or Lowe PR company plant? ... or Lowe? or Lowe's relative perhaps? lol

Keep up the good work 19... it makes me feel... well just superior. :)

Nigel Pearson. Leicester legend. Fact.

Mikey-boy.... just ignore the ****ing twaat. It really isn't worth it.... the facts are simple, Pearson kept us up and united the fan base and the crowds went up. Lowe came in and destroyed the fan base and embarked on a mad experiment. We're going down... none of this is Lowe's fault though.

As an aside, I for one, renewed my ST based on NP and Crouch being there and I would not have done if I'd known Lowe was coming back. What would the crowds have been had all the ST renewals been done knowing Lowe was coming back.

Nineteen Canteen, I have never criticised another poster on here, and vowed not to.

However you like you hero the detestable Lowe are a total arsehole.

We all have them, but some are obviously a lot tighter than others and therefore seem more full of sh1t. Personally, I eat lots of fruit and have a high fibre diet so my sh1t is not stored up to my extremities and s a result is not deposited on here as considered comment.

Keep the insults coming and I will respond but please note I never dish out unsolicited insults merely challenge opinion posted that is contra to my own. Called a forum.

If you want to trade insults like a lowlife hoody then fine by me.

Like you I supported the Dutch experiment it sounded like something different and given our situations there seemed very valid arguments for giving it a go. One of the reasons I was supportive of it was I thought Pearson was a mediocre and inexperienced manager, more drill sergeant than colonel and was glad we let him go. Ince is a classic example of how young managers can build a good reputation in the lower less challenging leagues with chairman support. I'm confident Pearson will show us next season that taking the leap into what is recognised as the 5th most challenging league in Europe will prove his record at Saints was more par for the course for the time being at least.

In hindsight, I wish we hadn't appointed JP, I'm glad we didn't appoint Pearson because the situation of the two clubs doesn't compare and the evidence suggests of his time in the Champsionship with us our position would not be much different. So where would that have leaved us, trying to appoint an experienced manager on the cheap willing to risk their reputation on SFC. Can't think of any outstandning candidates that we would/could have chosen back in May. Steve Cotterill? Not exactly outsanding and fits the mould I expect Pearson will follow in time. Jason Dodd? Lawrie McMenemy?

In Hindsight it may have been better to try and recruit a long term but quietly successful manager from the lower leagues. Darren Ferguson? Difficult to suggest anyone without knowing their salary expectations. Who's the guy at Eastleigh?

as Sir Alex advises young managers to pick your chairman not your club, there is no way Darren would have come here with Rupert in charge, afterall the Fergusons are a football family

Mikey-boy.... just ignore the ****ing twaat. It really isn't worth it.... the facts are simple, Pearson kept us up and united the fan base and the crowds went up. Lowe came in and destroyed the fan base and embarked on a mad experiment. We're going down... none of this is Lowe's fault though.

As an aside, I for one, renewed my ST based on NP and Crouch being there and I would not have done if I'd known Lowe was coming back. What would the crowds have been had all the ST renewals been done knowing Lowe was coming back.

And its still not the fans fault? Billy don't call yourself a ****ing twaat, your views are ill-thought out but don't put yourself down. If you want to talk about it let me know.

as Sir Alex advises young managers to pick your chairman not your club' date=' there is no way Darren would have come here with Rupert in charge, afterall the Fergusons are a football family[/quote']

Its an example Mike not a suggestion. Discussing what the alternatives could have been but thank you for your insight.

LOL! I just laugh now when I see 19 post... I think 'come on what crap can he say this time in defence of the dark lord!?' ... never lets me down. lol lol lol!

19 ... the new ScoobySundance... or Lowe PR company plant? ... or Lowe? or Lowe's relative perhaps? lol

Keep up the good work 19... it makes me feel... well just superior. :)

Nigel Pearson. Leicester legend. Fact.

Careful Robbie you'll have me believing Pearson is a better manager than O'Neill. How many legends are 1 club allowed to have in a very short legend period of time? Like our legend don't you need 30 years to over inflate their achievements in line with their peer group?

70's Mike will be asking you in a minute why you didn't go to Sheffield but as a rabid anti-Lowe you may get away with it. Counterproductive isn't it really Robbie but keep it up if you must freedom of speech and all that.