Saints v City Thread

Pilchards

well, presuming that this is a 451 with literally no pace on the wings.

It's like he has put out our cup side to one of the best, if not the best, side in the PL at home :lol:

Still, I trust Ralph tbf- I can only presume the rest of the lads are actually knackered, and this offers his another major assessment of our squad.

No Hoedt, Cedric and Gabbiadini again as key omissions.

McCarthy

Ramsay-Stephens-Bednarek-Targett

JWP-PEH-Lemina-Romeu-Elyounoussi

Austin

My presumptions are that Redmond, Ings and Long will be the likely attacking subs he makes.

COYS

Ederson, Danilo, Kompany ©, Sterling, Aguero, Laporte, Silva, Bernardo, Fernandinho, Mahrez, Zinchenko

Ederson

Danilo Kompany Laporte Zinchenko

Fermandinho

Bernaro David

Sterling Aguero Mahrez

Forget our line up though- Fernandinho returns as does Kompany who has seemed to score a couple times against us if I recall...

I mean I can't say I am feeling confident- don't want to sound negative but it feels like it will be 3-1 to them!

Much more packed in midfield to compensate for reverting to a back 4. Obviously going to be more conservative with a lot of firepower to bring off the bench if we’re still in the game at a late stage. Could go really wrong, but i’m quite excited for this, will be interesting to see Moi start too, clearly he’s in Ralph’s plans for the future after coming on the other night too.

Wear them out and then bring on the pace? Bit odd but can sort of see logic and rest for players. Anyone know anything about Cedric?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It worked for Wolves yesterday.....who knows? Could be inspired thinking, could be an insipid performance - the joys of being a Saints fan!!

Are you miserable? Because you seem to be delighted to share anything you can find that is negative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is a trolling Skate try to ignore him... he will be all over the forum today if we lose as expected but should

we achieve anything better he will be playing golf

I don't think anyone sees us getting anything from this match so it makes sense to rest your 'first team' players for far more winnable games ahead.

It will give him an opportunity to see different players and how they conduct themselves on the pitch with a far superior side and maybe those players not getting a look in in the current main team will step up with a point to prove.

Resting the first choice players will give them the opportunity to rest after a busy schedule and not run themselves into the ground for no reason.

Given some of the comments on here, why don't we just ring the PL and tell them we forfeit the match 3-0, and let the players have an extra day's rest before Wednesday's game ?

Probably the best option if we didn’t get a points deduction.

I mean the skate and Austin :lol:

WTF is with that selection?

We've decided to roll over on this one have we!?

Yeah, I did call for squad rotation, but this lineup today is bizarre. Random generator as above noted.

Are Cedric and Bertie still out? Has Ramsey even been playing for the U21s?

To go into a game leaving your best players on the bench seems stupid, even if we expect them to come on and play a small part.

It does look like Ralph has decided to forgo this game and save our stars for next week.

Now make me eat my words, Ralph, I want to be wrong, I really do. :p