Our last 8 games

Sheaf Saint

In this run of games we've played 5 of the top 6, getting draws against Utd and Chelsea, and beating Arsenal, and losing away to Spurs and home to City. I expect a lot of us would have been more than happy to take that beforehand, given our woeful form up to that point.

Of course, it is soured somewhat by failing to get any points from other games that we should have done better in - namely WHU and Cardiff. But the green shoots of progress are there.

We have some very winnable games coming up now. We really need to be beating Cardiff and Fulham at home, and realistically Palace as well. Leicester and Everton are both blowing hot and cold at the moment, and if we can put in a good performance and catch one of them on an off day we have a good chance of getting some 'unexpected' points as well I reckon.

I don't think it's coincidence that our 2 wins (Arsenal / Hudds) have come after a full weeks training/prep for both games.

Hopefully we get back to that.

Also, the injuries in some ways have been useful in that it's mean't Ralph's been able to see a large amount of the players he's got available to him.

Edited by SuperSAINT

We need to remember as well this has been a busy period of games, loads of teams have slipped up and there have been some odd results going around just because teams struggle to keep up the intensity and fitness through this period.

Plus whilst the table doesn't look great, we have come out of this period only two points behind 3 teams who arguably have had an easier run of late than us. So if we can play with the same intensity and there will be more gaps between games now for us to prepare, plus hopefully we might see 1-2 new players in then I think I can see us picking up points to start climbing the table.

Realistically we could have been rock bottom after this period, considering the fixtures.

Burnley, Newcastle and Cardiff are all playing 6 pointers in the next two weeks after the FA cup so someone is going to drop points and we need to take advantage of that and start putting some teams below us.

We need to remember as well this has been a busy period of games, loads of teams have slipped up and there have been some odd results going around just because teams struggle to keep up the intensity and fitness through this period.

Plus whilst the table doesn't look great, we have come out of this period only two points behind 3 teams who arguably have had an easier run of late than us. So if we can play with the same intensity and there will be more gaps between games now for us to prepare, plus hopefully we might see 1-2 new players in then I think I can see us picking up points to start climbing the table.

Realistically we could have been rock bottom after this period, considering the fixtures.

Burnley, Newcastle and Cardiff are all playing 6 pointers in the next two weeks after the FA cup so someone is going to drop points and we need to take advantage of that and start putting some teams below us.

A very balanced account. All to play for and we must chase the teams above us. Newcastle look vulnerable again and I still believe Brighton will slip into trouble.

I maintain my prediction made at the start of August that we will finish 16th this year.