January 2014 Transfer news & rumours

Glasgow_Saint

but they have as much chance as we do of picking up injuries.Most of our lads are just going for friendlies, only Lovren and Gaston have competitive matches. For Arsenal however some of them have the play-offs aganst those bruisers from the Ukraine, imagine them with Giroud or Sagna or Koscielny, they aren't as plush as all that with really, really good players.

Yep all of a sudden they could have Bendtner up front and a youth player in defence.

Looking at it, their CBs are even worse than ours for depth. They've got Koscielny, Vermaelan (injury prone) and Mertesacker (old and injury prone), and beyond that only youth players.

Yep all of a sudden they could have Bendtner up front and a youth player in defence.

Looking at it, their CBs are even worse than ours for depth. They've got Koscielny, Vermaelan (injury prone) and Mertesacker (old and injury prone), and beyond that only youth players.

Bendtner was absolute woeful on Sunday and Giroud looked as if he was saving himself for the Ukraine games, they had nothing at the sharp end, even Ozil was off the boil. Utd were not that great, decent side would have taken them. Mind you the virus infection that Mertsacker (and Rosicky) came down with just before the game may have affected others as well.

they've bought a shedload of "New Bales" already, don't need any more. I personally doubt if they've got enough money to spend

to buy Shaw in January.

Spurs are loaded - they spent alot this summer but also sold a load.

Think the net spend was just £2 million

Sold Bale, Luongo, Scott Parker, Tom Huddlestone, Clint Dempsey, Steven Caulker for over £100m

It wouldn't surprise me if they made a move for Asmir Begovic (forgiving the skate connection). He has developed into a top keeper and the way he conducted himself after the recent match against Stoke won't have gone unnoticed by the powers that be at St. Marys.

Stoke have Butland waiting in the wings and could be persuaded to sell if the offer was big enough.

Boruc would then be our bench-warmer (but what a keeper to have in reserve!).

Makes sense to me - awaiting flak.

It wouldn't surprise me if they made a move for Asmir Begovic (forgiving the skate connection). He has developed into a top keeper and the way he conducted himself after the recent match against Stoke won't have gone unnoticed by the powers that be at St. Marys.

Stoke have Butland waiting in the wings and could be persuaded to sell if the offer was big enough.

Boruc would then be our bench-warmer (but what a keeper to have in reserve!).

Makes sense to me - awaiting flak.

tbh If I only had Butland in the wings I have my regular keeper chained up and not let him out of the stadium area in case he got injured. Butland is garbage.

Maybe we could let them have Gazzaniga as part of the deal then

;)

I was wondering if we might not offer Gazza to Sociedad in part exchange (OK a very small part) for Griezmann. They're almost certainly out of Europe and their Liga campaign is floundering so they might fancy some readies to try to buy Ilaramendi back from Real where he's not doing much.

Perhaps, Gazzaniga will be good enough as a second choice next season? From what I can remember he wasn't terrible just prone to brain Mong moments. After another years of training plus working with Boruc he may improve sufficiently enough to be a decent back up?

Just a thought.

The Irish press seem to think were looking at Aiden McGeady - €7m from CSK Moscow.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/saints-in-for-aiden-29748122.html

Doubt it myself - don't think he's good enough for Saints.

Most players we have signed already would not be deemed good enough had we signed them now

Would you be excited had we signed Rodriguez from the championship this summer?

Would you say danny ings is good enough for saints? I suspect not

Edited by Batman

Perhaps, Gazzaniga will be good enough as a second choice next season? From what I can remember he wasn't terrible just prone to brain Mong moments. After another years of training plus working with Boruc he may improve sufficiently enough to be a decent back up?

Just a thought.

Those moments made him terrible

Just a thought.

It' hard to tell, seeing as it's been around a year since we last saw him really.

I'd agree though. He didn't look a poor keeper, just prone to the odd clanger.

That could be attributed to age/inexperience - or a general statement of his qualities. Again, with how little we have seen of him it's hard to tell.

It' hard to tell, seeing as it's been around a year since we last saw him really.

I'd agree though. He didn't look a poor keeper, just prone to the odd clanger.

That could be attributed to age/inexperience - or a general statement of his qualities. Again, with how little we have seen of him it's hard to tell.

What I would say is concerning, is that Kelvin is on the bench so that may suggest the clangers might be a statement of his qualities as you put it. Hopefully not though!!

The Irish press seem to think were looking at Aiden McGeady - €7m from CSK Moscow.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/saints-in-for-aiden-29748122.html

Doubt it myself - don't think he's good enough for Saints.

We can sign him on a free I believe as he's out of contract in the summer. I think we can talk to him now as we're not from the same league and then he joins us in the summer. Would be an interesting one...

i would doubt that Osvaldo would leave so quickly. Personally I would want to sign a CAM, ( and then sell Ramirez after) and a winger with pace to burn. So Banega would be the creative talent we need, but we said that about Ramirez. also i have heard that we are still linked with Inter Milans Alvarez who is a cam as well

i would doubt that Osvaldo would leave so quickly. Personally I would want to sign a CAM, ( and then sell Ramirez after) and a winger with pace to burn. So Banega would be the creative talent we need, but we said that about Ramirez. also i have heard that we are still linked with Inter Milans Alvarez who is a cam as well

Can't see Inter wanting to get rid of Alvarez anymore given the way he's playing under their new manager.

heard that we are looking to move ramirez on in january. either sold or loaned out

and to replace him with OxO...again, either loan with a view to buy. or buy if the price is right

apparently, he is desperate to play and he is way down the order now at arsenal

heard that we are looking to move ramirez on in january. either sold or loaned out

and to replace him with OxO...again, either loan with a view to buy. or buy if the price is right

Well he wouldn't be guaranteed football here either with the form of Lallana, J-rod, JWP and Davis in those attacking midfield roles.

Wouldn't get a starting place with us, same as at Arsenal really. Anyway it's just a load of paper/agent crap. He won't come back and we wouldn't want him. Just hope they've finished paying for him that's all.

I've always loved watching him play, he works harder than any footballer I think I can remember seeing. Chances of him moving from Fenerbahce?

Only in Britain. He runs around a lot, but he wasn't that great. A striker that didn't score enough, so got shunted out wide so he can run up and down the line. Seem to recall he picked up some kind of record for making the most apps for Liverpool without winning anything.

heard that we are looking to move ramirez on in january. either sold or loaned outand to replace him with OxO...again, either loan with a view to buy. or buy if the price is rightapparently, he is desperate to play and he is way down the order now at arsenal
Thought he was injured, rather than down the order?

Where did you hear this Jamie?