Jan Bednarek

Pamplemousse

• 6 months later...
Not convinced at all by him, looks a yard off the ice and came off worse against a 17 year old. Looks scared to head the ball - not good for a 6”4 Centre back!

To be fair, not just any 17 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, not just any 17 year old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He didn't look that special. Can't see why PSG are interested after that performance.

If a 17 year old can get the better of him, he'll get screwed in the PL - not one to get excited about.

Not convinced at all by him, looks a yard off the ice and came off worse against a 17 year old. Looks scared to head the ball - not good for a 6”4 Centre back!

What utter rubbish!! Can you list the times their youngster got the better of him?

This board is so full of blinkered loons!!

His first game for a while, and out of position: his first ever game at right back.

He did okay.

Would hope there would be a better option as our 3rd choice RB though!

I get the impression that a lot of Saints supporters decided this fellow was awful last summer and are unwilling to revise their opinions on him.

He played out of position against someone who is being touted for stardom. Bednarek played well today. The club tweeted some Bednarek stats after the game...

https://mobile.twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/949746897429839872

The starting line up suggested to me that we were playing a back three with Bednarek on the right of this rather than playing as an out and out RB. I wasn't too pleased to see this after the Wolves fiasco and stronger opposition would probably torn us to shreds.

Didn't think he did too badly tbh,couple of notable good challenges but didn't offer a lot going forward .Think he'd benefit from a loan to a Championship club for game time.

Early on he did look a bit like a fish up tree, but after the clash of heads where you did wonder if he would continue as he looked like he had no idea where he was. A few moments later after he appeared not to want the ball passed to him a couple of times. Then he had to win a header. successfully executed he was suddenly much more into the game.

Edited by John Boy Saint

I get the impression that a lot of Saints supporters decided this fellow was awful last summer and are unwilling to revise their opinions on him.

He played out of position against someone who is being touted for stardom. Bednarek played well today. The club tweeted some Bednarek stats after the game...

https://mobile.twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/949746897429839872

Spot on with line one. Happens a lot on here sadly

• 3 months later...
In a back three? Yoshida-yoshida-hoedt?

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

If only we hadn't send Target on loan we could have played bertrand at LCB. Or we could even use Mcqueen as a left back and bertrand in defence.

This is basically a must win game. And we're starting a very inexperienced (especially to English football) CB against players like hazard.

In Jan and Sparky we trust. But nervously!

Or we're in a daft situation where he's our only other available CB and don't really have much choice in the matter.

The board and owners seem to have given up the pretence that they have much interest in strengthening the football team. Their main focus now will be on making as big a profit as possible from the player sales in the summer.

Had a decent game today, only one game but prefer the look of him to Stephens

Agreed.

However. There's something seriously amiss with Saints defensive coaching. Conceding 3 goals every game is worse than relegation form.

I thought he did OK. Knowing Les, that means in his eyes we won't need to sign a new centre back in the summer :uhoh:

Him, Yoshi and Stephens would be decent Championship, so I think Les is right. Not good enough (yet) for the EPL though.

Shout out to this lad the last two games. I saw him at Fulham and thought he was dreadful, but he's been pretty decent since coming into the side. Twice the player Stephens is would be surprised if Stephens comes straight back in

Stephens will come back in, the dreadful Hoedt will be rightfully dropped. Hoedt will be good one day, but has a lot to do to get there. Stephens is infinitely better than Wesley.

Stephens will come back in, the dreadful Hoedt will be rightfully dropped. Hoedt will be good one day, but has a lot to do to get there. Stephens is infinitely better than Wesley.

Can’t agree with that. IMO Wes is considerably the best of the 4...

Hoedt > Yoshida > Bednarek > Stephens IMO

• Lighthouse changed the title to Jan Bednarek