Finally, the long-overdue 2018/19 kit thread...

The9

Interesting (only to some I’d guess!) that the shirt spotted for sale in the shop in Hong Kong has a heat sealed crest. As such either replicas will now carry the heat sealed crest (as opposed to current embroidered) or that’s a player issue shirt which has found its way in to a store.

I'm constantly amazed by the football kit design industry. Many won't care, fine, but there are so many talented designers out there. Even among fans you get decent templates year after year. It isn't the most difficult task, yet kits are often generic templates, really dull, or really poorly designed with basic errors.

You can have quality kits you just don't like, that's just tastes and preferences. But too often it's just abysmal quality. I'm not the biggest stripes fan but if you're doing it, do it well. The cartoony look of the blocks on this shirt, the random stop of the stripes, the not quite fitting with the shoulder bit, the awful lines around the logo.

It's just exceedingly cheap and tacky.

very well put adrian. Whoever designs for UA is ****ing useless or whoever s the account manager is ****ing useless or both are ****ing useless.

Ok, assuming this is for real

1st Team kit, = Better than the Bra kit, worse than most

2nd YellowKit. = One of the best

3rd = Why?

Cos we are gullible football fans ready to have our pants pulled down at any given moment by the retail department of the team we support :D

I don't hate the home effort, although the detail around the badge is awful. I won't be buying it in any case.

And that away kit looks really good, so I have doubts it's legit. If it is real I might consider getting it next year when they're flogged off at the end of season as we prepare a new kit for our Europa League/Championship run.

This one?

bbd0448295c825e1f2ac94ea205c3654--football-shirts-southampton.jpg

Probably one of my favourite Saints kits in recent times. And not that unsuccessful a kit, we won at Wembley wearing it!

The shoulder panels look disjointed, like they hadn't been lined up correctly when it was sewn together and the flybe logo was just awful. Tacky plastic and again it didn't line up properly with the edge of the stripes. Why go 2/3rd of the way through the stripes at either side and not just have a plain white space going all the way through.

To each their own but I thought it was crap.

I'd rather have kept our current kit.

At least, nostalgically, it reminded me of the halcyon days of Channon, Nicholl, Armstrong, Williams, Moran, Wallace, Keegan, Shilton and McMenemy.

The new kit looks like it was designed by a Pompey fan intent on destruction.

I'd rather have kept our current kit.

At least, nostalgically, it reminded me of the halcyon days of Channon, Nicholl, Armstrong, Williams, Moran, Wallace, Keegan, Shilton and McMenemy.

The new kit looks like it was designed by a Pompey fan intent on destruction.

its red and white stripes mate!!!!

Saint Lard’s mick up is superb, so it won’t look like that. If it did, definitely buying.

Tbh, with kits it’s about how Saints perform then in them. The Pony chevron kit was hideous but MLT’s spectacular displays and goals is what it is remembered for now.

yellow shirt,(royal) blue shorts .. has been done to death by us, and most other clubs as well since the 1970's.

Far prefer the navy/yellow combination of L1 season.

If we have to have yellow and blue then some variation would be better , possibly in the format of last season's home kit.

I'm constantly amazed by the football kit design industry. Many won't care, fine, but there are so many talented designers out there. Even among fans you get decent templates year after year. It isn't the most difficult task, yet kits are often generic templates, really dull, or really poorly designed with basic errors.

You can have quality kits you just don't like, that's just tastes and preferences. But too often it's just abysmal quality. I'm not the biggest stripes fan but if you're doing it, do it well. The cartoony look of the blocks on this shirt, the random stop of the stripes, the not quite fitting with the shoulder bit, the awful lines around the logo.

It's just exceedingly cheap and tacky.

Tend to agree with this. You'd think it would attract really good people, most people would love to design football kits!

So we’ve seen the home and 3rd kit...

Now for the away....d8bc0df0d68203acfe19d5fb4a18424f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not the away. That's a mock up by someone who's seen the home kit and presented a yellow shirt in the same way. It's lacking some of the detail that's also missing from their representation of the home shirt.

I mean it *might* be the away shirt, but I suspect its more likely to have pin stripes, if not stripes.

I'll be interested to see if they can actually mess it up too.

Ok, assuming this is for real

1st Team kit, = Better than the Bra kit, worse than most

2nd YellowKit. = One of the best

3rd = Why?

Third kit to be worn against teams in white, because the home shirt has white on the front and the away kit isn't sufficient of a contrast using the Delta L measurement.

f913e64c5ab688cfe2c7d1a2e40501d5.jpg

Horrendous shirt if true, the white stripes are just plonked on in a square nothing unusual or remotely likeable about it, looks very cheap......Laughing stock comes to mind

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Third kit to be worn against teams in white, because the home shirt has white on the front and the away kit isn't sufficient of a contrast using the Delta L measurement.

Tottenham wore white and Watford wore yellow when they played each other recently, or have the rules changed for next season?

Personally not fussed what it looks like. The parents, kids and the grown men who still think theyre kids will still buy it regardless

What matters is the players wearing it next season and the performances they put in

Yeah... lets all just turn up to sms in grey.

3a040951e6d5b634c3f2a1f306308169.png

Spotted on sale in Hong Kong. Was hoping for a hoax but there it is...concrete evidence. Sigh [emoji17]

Sweet mother of christ if that really is 1 star. Refuse to believe it's real.

Club will ignore the fact it’s been leaked and is all over Saints fan sites, twitter, Facebook, probably fkin tinder as well and blindly make a big deal out of building up to the grand unveiling on Friday ! :lol:

Might as well just post a pic on the OS tomorrow and be done with it !

Why??

You really are a prize turnip. The sooner that you and all your various log ins are banned the better for this forum

Kits a joke. And why is it leaked before official release. And why sold in China before us. Clubs going down the toilet.

Not sure why I’d get banned for being annoyed about the clubs lack of PR skills.

Tottenham wore white and Watford wore yellow when they played each other recently, or have the rules changed for next season?

All indications so far are that the Premier League are adopting UEFA's existing regulations, which people have been saying was going to be the case for the past two years. Last season Stoke had a white panel, Brighton a blue one, we had a broad white stripe, but two of the promoted sides had "normal" stripes, presumably because they had already ordered before knowing they were going up. That includes Newcastle, whose red numbers on black/white definitely wouldn't pass the contrast test.

We'll see if everyone has plain backs or contrast panels pretty soon. We'll also see if matches seem to be all "light" v "dark" kits, assuming they haven't actually published the Prem kit regulations before the start of the season.

Edited by The9

Both the striped and yellow/blue kits are pretty naff in my humble opinion. Oh well, another £45 saved.

Yellow kit isn't confirmed, it's just a mock up based on what's been leaked (which isn't the yellow/blue shirt yet). And tbh if you don't like that, I've no idea what you would like?

Can someone explain to me why on earth so many people are so outraged at the kit having red and white stripes?

We have had hundreds of striped shirts in our history and they all have red stripes and white stripes

Admittedly the back doesn’t look great with a plain style but that is seemingly the way striped shirts have to be these days

Can someone explain to me why on earth so many people are so outraged at the kit having red and white stripes?

We have had hundreds of striped shirts in our history and they all have red stripes and white stripes

Admittedly the back doesn’t look great with a plain style but that is seemingly the way striped shirts have to be these days

Yeah, I don't get it either. Back in 2003 when we had to change for European regulations I could understand the fury about a plain coloured back, but we're 15 years down that road now and tv's always going to win that one with the money it wields. As for the front, it's striped, it looks better than the "not a bra" kit, and it's barely got any more red on it than the own-brand red-sleeved skintight veho one or the adidas red-sleeved striped one that followed that. Plus of course it dumps all over the two awful all red things we had prior to those. In fact I'd say (ignoring last season) it's the best striped shirt we've had since the Umbro mainly white Championship promotion shirt.

Oh, one other thing about that yellow mock up - the collar's wrong on it too. The collar doesn't overlap camera right over left on the two leaked shirts (home and third), it comes to an even V with a piece under it which lines up with the band across the chest.